Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

3-year-old knows who killed him in past life

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

The young boy's story is one of the most fascinating accounts of reincarnation to have arisen in years.

A resident of the Golan Heights region between Israel and Syria, the boy was born in to a culture that accepts reincarnation as unquestionable fact, yet despite the controversial nature of his claims it becomes difficult to simply dismiss his story as a mere fabrication.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...im-in-past-life

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,128 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:55 PM

Wow!  That was weird.

#3    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 18,400 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:39 PM

Dr Eli Lasch (1929 - 2009). What I can find about him via a brief search suggests that, while he was a medical doctor (pediatrician) he also had a firm belief in many spiritual/supernatural phenomena. He wrote books on spiritual healing and was a firm believer in the Torah and Kabbalah, but also believed the Torah contained 'anachronistic knowledge' - i.e. knowledge that was 'not possible' for those who lived at the time of it's writing, to know.

While none of this discredits the events he claims to have witnessed, vis-a-vis the 'reincarnation' of someone into a young boy, it does suggest he was not an impartial, 'scientific' witness. I accept the article does not actually make that claim either, but it is implied by neglecting to reference his supernatural beliefs and only reference his scientific (medical) profession. That he was the only "non-Druze" witness is really rather irrelevant, but is highlighted as if it has particular significance.

I remain skeptical of this claim. It seems we have no actual hard evidence, only an anecdotal account by people (or a person) who are (is) not impartial, and also - unfortunately - no longer living. Thus they (he) can no longer be questioned.

Edited by Leonardo, 23 May 2014 - 06:42 PM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#4    maximusnow

maximusnow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

• Science is a road trip and facts are the photos we take on the way, the fuel that propels us is ignorance.

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

So many stories like this one, Fascinating! Possession would be as possible an explanation as reincarnation .
Maximus

Edited by maximusnow, 23 May 2014 - 06:41 PM.

#5    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,831 posts

• We don't need to conquer the world, we need to conquer our individual selves first. Then the world will be at peace.

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:51 PM

Can't destroy energy, it has to go somewhere. It's definitely made a part of us and us a part of it. It has to go into something else, even into a new human being...from a materialistic view.

PAWNING RESIDENT TROLLS

#6    Calibeliever

Calibeliever

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

• The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. - Thomas Carlyle

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:01 PM

Mind = Blown

#7    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:05 PM

View PostPurifier, on 23 May 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

Can't destroy energy, it has to go somewhere. It's definitely made a part of us and us a part of it. It has to go into something else, even into a new human being...from a materialistic view.
part of bernoulli's principle(equation). Energy can neither be created or destroyed, transfers from one form to another.

Edited by ancient astronaut, 23 May 2014 - 07:07 PM.

[media='funny-pic'][/media]

#8    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,566 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:15 PM

View PostPurifier, on 23 May 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

That has little if anything to do with the story. You get much of your energy from what you eat, does that mean you were once a vegetable?

Edited by Rlyeh, 23 May 2014 - 07:22 PM.

#9    mickeymudge

mickeymudge

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:35 PM

There is just one thing that is not adding up to this whole story. How, and why would they get permission to dig up this old grave?

#10    ambelamba

ambelamba

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

I have my crackpot theory. Maybe the kid had an access to the collective, subconscious memory reserve. It was no reincarnation, but he just tuned into a channel by accident...

#11    Scorpius

Scorpius

Universal Researcher

• 1,821 posts

• Harness the energies around you and you'll be able to do wondrous things.

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 23 May 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

That has little if anything to do with the story. You get much of your energy from what you eat, does that mean you were once a vegetable?

It's a matter of connecting dots--to create discussion, is it not.  He just hasn't fully explained himself.  Perhaps let your imagination do the bidding.

There are different forms of energy.  Not all energy is derived from what we eat.  There is a constant influx and flow of energy such as gravitational energy and electromagnetic energy.  We can be seen as a conduit or a wire.  We give off heat/energy as we live and lose energy as we die.

We as a race once believed the Earth was flat, to assume the illogical is impossible, may not always be the best way of thinking.

Posted Image
Avatar and Signature designed and animated by me.  
Do not speak for those who can speak, but speak for those who cannot.

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."  - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (1881-1955)

#12    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,566 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

View PostScorpius, on 23 May 2014 - 07:39 PM, said:

It's a matter of connecting dots--to create discussion, is it not.  He just hasn't fully explained himself.  Perhaps let your imagination do the bidding.
There is connecting the dots and then there is stating irrelevant facts

There are different forms of energy.  Not all energy is derived from what we eat.  There is a constant influx and flow of energy such as gravitational energy and electromagnetic energy.  We can be seen as a conduit or a wire.  We give off heat/energy as we live and lose energy as we die.
And this still has nothing to do with reincarnation.

What energy is and it's forms; http://www.nmsea.org...s_of_energy.htm

We as a race once believed the Earth was flat, to assume the illogical is impossible, may not always be the best way of thinking.
So you're saying the earth could be flat because it's illogical? I'm not sure what this has to do with anything.

#13    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Drifter

• 1,970 posts

• How much do you don't see?

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:00 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 23 May 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

Energy transcends, changes, and detaches from its previous user, in death and after or during action. We transcend our own energy while we live too, but something of us stays the same through our live. I dont think it would be strange for us to have some quite light and unnoticeable part of us in physical realm to move on. They say kobe beef is the king of beef, and the way they raise that cattle in kobe is quite luxurous in comparison to anything else you've seen: cows drinking beer in set time to give them a happier state, getting their fur combed for better skin-breathing and more comfortable feeling, getting out to enjoy the sun and fresh air every day or so.... it may just be that the physical realm dances along with what happens in the more abstract or whatever "less physical" existence, it's how I see it in light of everything.

That's just my view. I know how sceptics here love to argue and think they stand on intellectual higher ground like you Rlyeh now. I thought your first post on this topic had sense, but now you're getting off rails in my book. Arguing just for the sake of arguing even if you make zero sense and just aim to beat a point of another person when you think their post is pointless, is absurd.

Wherever there's a problem, there's solutions.
Answers are found from a wide deep perspective, from opened mind's eyes.
From where good and bad stay silent and you hear the real cause and effect, and big picture.
Giving up is wasting your time, but also necessary to find the true cause you didn't find yet.
Staying in the path is necessary only when there's trueness in that path.

#14    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,566 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:03 PM

View PostMikko-kun, on 23 May 2014 - 08:00 PM, said:

That's just my view. I know how sceptics here love to argue and think they stand on intellectual higher ground like you Rlyeh now. I thought your first post on this topic had sense, but now you're getting off rails in my book. Arguing just for the sake of arguing even if you make zero sense and just aim to beat a point of another person when you think their post is pointless, is absurd.
So you know how reading this new age woo feels like. Nonsensical ignorance.

Blurting out random facts as if it some how supports some superstitious beliefs strikes me as disingenuous.

Edited by Rlyeh, 23 May 2014 - 08:25 PM.

#15    Xanthurion2

Xanthurion2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

• Valar morghulis

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:33 PM

If the story is indeed factual, it is pretty fascinating.

SRS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users