Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Depressed goat reunited with donkey friend

jellybean mr g donkey depressed goat animal sanctuaries

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,326 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:03 PM

It sounds like far-fetched tale from a children's book - but this story of a depressed goat that went on hunger strike for six days and refused to go outside until he was reunited with his best friend  - a donkey - is absolutely, brilliantly true.

Mr G, the goat, and Jellybean were separated after U.S. welfare officers seized dozens of animals from squalid conditions and took them to separate animal sanctuaries.

http://metro.co.uk/2...-again-4739645/

Awww bless... :wub:

Posted Image

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,757 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:24 PM

Thanks for posting this.  It made my day.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#3    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

undead

• 13,311 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:52 PM

Oh god! I cried.

What, in all the world, could I do to earn my living and still live as myself, as I knew myself to be? Temporary masks, I knew, had their place; everyone was wearing them, they were the human rage; but not masks cemented in place until the wearer could not breathe and was eventually suffocated.

#4    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 4,605 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:34 PM

Now I'm left wondering if Jellybean even cares, or if the goat is the only one missing his buddy.

#5    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

It's a touching story, but this where some people would jump in with claims of anthropomorphism. We don't know why the goat was not eating, perhaps it was just unsettled because of the move and new surroundings. That would be the obvious and most simplest explanation.

Not that animals cannot form inter-species bonding, but I'm not sure if this story is an example of that.

#6    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,326 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

View Postredhen, on 25 May 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

It's a touching story, but this where some people would jump in with claims of anthropomorphism. We don't know why the goat was not eating, perhaps it was just unsettled because of the move and new surroundings. That would be the obvious and most simplest explanation.

Not that animals cannot form inter-species bonding, but I'm not sure if this story is an example of that.
It was a mighty coincidence though the way the goat sprang into action as soon as it saw the donkey.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users