Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Vancouver is Canada's top UFO hotspot


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

    News, media and articles

  • 6,196 posts
  • Joined:21 Mar 2001
  • Gender:Male

  • Beep Boop

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

A new survey has identified the Canadian city as one of the best places in the world to see a UFO.

Quote

Canada itself is no stranger to the unexplained having been a UFO activity hotspot for decades. Last year there were 1,100 reported sightings in the country and a whopping 116 of those occurred within the city of Vancouver alone.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...top-ufo-hotspot

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Sundew

Sundew

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:An island by the sea.

  • Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

"Are we looking at a real phenomenon ?" he said. "Is there a psychological phenomenon accounting for all this ? Why do people persist in seeing something that supposedly shouldn’t be there ?"

Moosehead and/or cannabis plus a vivid imagination could account for it, unless of course there is video of blurry lights..


#3    samus

samus

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Joined:02 Jun 2013
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:31 AM

View PostSundew, on 25 May 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

"Are we looking at a real phenomenon ?" he said. "Is there a psychological phenomenon accounting for all this ? Why do people persist in seeing something that supposedly shouldn’t be there ?"

Moosehead and/or cannabis plus a vivid imagination could account for it, unless of course there is video of blurry lights..

I don't know for you, but to me it is far more likely that people intoxicated will not bother to report their experiences to the authorities for documentation.

In any way, Chris Rutkowski is a seasoned UFO investigator with a solid background in science (Astronomer and science writter) and I don't doubt that he can weed out reports that were made under substances abuse.

Even if of these 1100 UFO sightings the vast majority of them can be explained by planes, satellites and military trainings, there is a consistent number that doesn't fall into any category. That's what becomes very intriguing.

Edited by sam_comm, 26 May 2014 - 12:55 AM.


#4    hellwyr

hellwyr

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Joined:18 May 2014
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:EARTH

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:16 AM

"I see them every night," said Vancouver resident Charles Lamoureux. "I can pretty well tell what’s a satellite and not a satellite. If it’s not a satellite and way up in the atmosphere and it changes direction, there’s not many things it could be."

its an airplane........ isnt vancouver airport there?

                                   Posted Image


#5    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:in between

  • The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:45 AM

Canada is full of planes too. Is there any photo of ufo allegedly from Canada?


#6    sinewave

sinewave

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,102 posts
  • Joined:23 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Midwest

  • Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:10 PM

Since Vancouver hockey has been such a disappointment, they needed a new hobby.


#7    Sundew

Sundew

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:An island by the sea.

  • Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:15 PM

View Postsam_comm, on 26 May 2014 - 12:31 AM, said:

I don't know for you, but to me it is far more likely that people intoxicated will not bother to report their experiences to the authorities for documentation.

In any way, Chris Rutkowski is a seasoned UFO investigator with a solid background in science (Astronomer and science writter) and I don't doubt that he can weed out reports that were made under substances abuse.

Even if of these 1100 UFO sightings the vast majority of them can be explained by planes, satellites and military trainings, there is a consistent number that doesn't fall into any category. That's what becomes very intriguing.

As Foghorn Leghorn would say, "That's, I say, that's a joke son!" Don't take me too seriously!


#8    Lobotomy

Lobotomy

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined:27 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:26 PM

Are the majority of the sightings from the Downtown Eastside district by any chance? No in fact, I'll just stop there.


#9    sinewave

sinewave

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,102 posts
  • Joined:23 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Midwest

  • Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:16 PM

View PostLobotomy, on 28 May 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

Are the majority of the sightings from the Downtown Eastside district by any chance? No in fact, I'll just stop there.

Is there something peculiar about that part of town?


#10    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 10,768 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:27 PM

View Postsinewave, on 28 May 2014 - 08:16 PM, said:

Is there something peculiar about that part of town?

"The area is noted for a high incidence of poverty, drug use, sex trade, crime, violence, as well as a history of community activism.  Hastings and Cordova Streets were once the core shopping district in the city, many of the retail shops that flourished until the early 1980s are now gone. The area was the victim of significant urban decay but presently buildings are being renewed and many new businesses are operating in the community."

-Wiki

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#11    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 10,768 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:29 PM

Just the Canadian version of a redneck-UFO insult, I guess.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#12    sinewave

sinewave

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,102 posts
  • Joined:23 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Midwest

  • Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:02 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 28 May 2014 - 08:27 PM, said:

"The area is noted for a high incidence of poverty, drug use, sex trade, crime, violence, as well as a history of community activism.  Hastings and Cordova Streets were once the core shopping district in the city, many of the retail shops that flourished until the early 1980s are now gone. The area was the victim of significant urban decay but presently buildings are being renewed and many new businesses are operating in the community."

-Wiki

Thanks for the background info SP.  I am not at all familiar with Vancouver.


#13    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 10,768 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:08 PM

I figured it'd end up being Robert Pickton's hunting grounds.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#14    sinewave

sinewave

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,102 posts
  • Joined:23 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Midwest

  • Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:15 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 28 May 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

I figured it'd end up being Robert Pickton's hunting grounds.

Former multi-millionaire pig farmer and serial killer.  He has quite a resume.   :)


#15    SaraT

SaraT

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Joined:28 May 2014
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:UK

  • Just consider me Sherlock Holmes on Marmite.

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:24 PM

Better to report seeing UFO's than seeing flying pink elephants I suppose.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users