Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

I cant give him a parking ticket he's my boss

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,137 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

Talk about double standards...

‘I can’t give him a parking ticket because he’s my BOSS’: Traffic warden caught on camera refusing to fine a car on double yellow lines ‘because it belongs to his manager’

Man in Swansea, South Wales, spotted a car which had not been ticketed
    Confronts nearby warden who appears to refuse to give a ticket
    The warden - who is not named - claims that he is acting on his 'discretion'
    Steve McMillan, who filmed the video, insists that he has no right to do that
    Another warden then interjects and identifies the car as his boss's
    The boss in question then emerges and attempts to defend himself
    He eventually admits he was wrong to park there - but still gets no ticket

http://www.dailymail...gs-manager.html

Grrr

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,292 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:27 PM

Oh seeder, you do know how to make a gals blood boil!

Swansea City Council was not available to comment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz32pddse1n

Not available? are they all out moving their cars?

Edited by freetoroam, 26 May 2014 - 02:28 PM.

#3    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:00 PM

I don't blame the warden tbh....they get enough abuse and threats in the job as it is, why make life hard yourself at work too....awkward situation for him, I don't blame him for not doing anything though.

#4    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:58 PM

world ain't black and white.

here we have traffic police park on hydrants\bus stops, no standing zones, they leave their cars there and go give tickets for the same violations.

otoh, handicapped drivers that have special tag in the car, can park where ordinary folks can't,

Edited by aztek, 26 May 2014 - 08:58 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#5    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:02 PM

This is where, is there harassment or bullying is taking place? Surely the Boss will be sacked

#6    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:27 AM

View PostYes_Man, on 26 May 2014 - 09:02 PM, said:

This is where, is there harassment or bullying is taking place? Surely the Boss will be sacked

Yes seems clear the boss parked there knowing full well he wouldn't be penalized. The enforcement wardens obviously knew the repercussions of ticketing it would be far greater than what was going on with the member of public.

Typical council double standards.

Posted Image

#7    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 9,950 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

I think i'd do the same thing, controversial i know, But i wouldn't ticket the boss, in the same way i wouldn't also ticket a mate or family member. - its just the way of life.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#8    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:22 AM

Here in Vietnam government officials have special license plates, which as you would think causes cynicism about law enforcement.  The thing is I've never seen a government driver break the law; they are professional drivers, and even government employees are given special training if they are to drive.  Still, I think getting rid of the special plates would probably be good politics.

#9    RabidMongoose

RabidMongoose

Psychic Spy

• 1,392 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

View Postseeder, on 26 May 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

Talk about double standards...

‘I can’t give him a parking ticket because he’s my BOSS’: Traffic warden caught on camera refusing to fine a car on double yellow lines ‘because it belongs to his manager’

Man in Swansea, South Wales, spotted a car which had not been ticketed
Confronts nearby warden who appears to refuse to give a ticket
The warden - who is not named - claims that he is acting on his 'discretion'
Steve McMillan, who filmed the video, insists that he has no right to do that
Another warden then interjects and identifies the car as his boss's
The boss in question then emerges and attempts to defend himself
He eventually admits he was wrong to park there - but still gets no ticket

http://www.dailymail...gs-manager.html

Grrr

If it was me then my decision to give my boss a ticket would depend on how much I liked him.

If I didn't like him I'd then wait to see if he gets funny with me for issuing a ticket. Then I'd take great pleasure in going and complaining about him to a senior manager. Hopefully causing a black mark against his name. Hahahaa.

#10    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:16 PM

I don't think that course would be very wise.  Going to his bosses hoping to give him a black mark will tarnish you much more.

#11    RabidMongoose

RabidMongoose

Psychic Spy

• 1,392 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:53 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 29 May 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

I don't think that course would be very wise.  Going to his bosses hoping to give him a black mark will tarnish you much more.

If he breaks the rules he gets a ticket. The other managers wont expect you to put up with attitude from him in return. Thats bullying. It just so happens as an added bonus that its a manager who you don't like getting a black mark against his name. lmao!

#12    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:02 PM

You don't understand politics do you.  You may be right but more likely it will strike his bosses as you just trying to be self-important.  Besides, they are likely to be his friends and won't appreciate your undermining the hierarchy.

I don't for a moment suggest serious violations, but one is best overlooking the petty things.

#13    RabidMongoose

RabidMongoose

Psychic Spy

• 1,392 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:15 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 29 May 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

You don't understand politics do you.  You may be right but more likely it will strike his bosses as you just trying to be self-important.  Besides, they are likely to be his friends and won't appreciate your undermining the hierarchy.

I don't for a moment suggest serious violations, but one is best overlooking the petty things.

Politics has three sides to it.

First Side: You have to build strong relationships with those who decide who to promote. You have to build a good reputation with them, follow them and gain their respect.

Second Side: You have to counter negative politics against yourself so you dont get your reputation damaged. That means no bad mouthing others, no spreading negativity, rumours or gossip. It also means obeying the rules. Those with promotion ambitions will use all those things to pick you off so you dont get promoted. You also have to openly confront others if they try to tell lies about you, while management are around to see. Then they develop the poor reputation not you.

Third Side: Pick off your competition for their own bad mouthing others, spreading negativity, rumours or gossip. Pick them off for breaking rules. Doing these things damages their reputation.

Thats how I was taught to play politics on my business studies degree.

Edited by RabidMongoose, 29 May 2014 - 01:23 PM.

#14    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:29 AM

You have a business studies degree and they taught you how to play politics there.

#15    RabidMongoose

RabidMongoose

Psychic Spy

• 1,392 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 30 May 2014 - 05:29 AM, said:

You have a business studies degree and they taught you how to play politics there.

Business studies degrees include those parts of behavioural psychology and sociology which apply to the work place. If you study one they do indeed teach you how work place politics works and how to gain dominance over others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users