Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Visuals during meditation

andrew2542

Hello friends, I have started meditating about 1 week ago and I keep seeing the same thing. I am in a dusty old attic with one window which is circular. It is the only light source and I do not see anyone else in the room. All of a sudden a pair of wrinkly old eyes appear, I cannot tell you if it is a man or woman but it's like the eyes are pointing at something in the room but it is empty. Any input is fine. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John from Lowell

• andrew2542

• Paranormalcy

• Nighthawk9653

Maybe there's something in the room you're meant to find, or something happened there that you need to deal with. Could be a past life thing.

Next time you see this place, try investigating deeper. Maybe there's something where the eyes are indicating that you can't see from your position.

Some people use their own self-guided visualizations for meditation, where you place yourself in a calm, ideal location in your mind, that you feel may be even more conducive to meditation, before you begin, as a sort of "zeroing out" procedure.

I look at meditation imagery a lot like dreams, in that you're getting to "go over" and examine the things swimming around in your head. Some may be significant or even useful, and some may be idle or more or less just "wallpaper", and some is simply wish fulfillment and your mind frolicking in the meadows. I don't know that you will be able to tell anything really, without the context of more meditation and other imagery, and see how your first experiences compare, and if there are any intellectual or emotional reactions that differ in tone or intensity from session to session or image to image, and why they might do that, and what you can do or learn about it.

To me, "wrinkly eyes", again much like in dream symbolism (for me anyway) are going to be a fairly literal metaphor: if eyes are the windows to the soul, perhaps you could work out which side of that window you're on, in this image. Eyes focusing on something "offscreen" but which turns out to be an empty room, obviously, can have almost infinite meaning, but one possibility that suggests itself to me is that either you or someone, either in waking life or perhaps in a more subtle, long-term life destination, may "have your eyes on" some not easily seen or realized goal or subject - possibly even a goal you fear might be "empty" or missing, or which you might suspect (consciously or not) has no real meaning or chance of materializing.

The "wrinkly" aspect could be figurative or suggesting age or wisdom, either your own or wisdom (or your own "old soul") or aged family or other mentors, or even the traditional (and old) idea of wisdom or perception itself - perhaps you struggle with a feeling that a goal or focus in your life is considered empty or not realistic/achievable in the eyes of "common wisdom", like you could be getting some pushback from areas you want to be more supportive, or which you're not sharing your true life direction with, possibly for fear of their disapproval?

Hi,

There is something you need to see in this dusty old attic. That room is not empty. You think it is because you have yet to see what is there.

I suggest keep at it or may be even start an imaginary conversation with those (wise) wrinkly old eyes.

John

Thank you all for such quick advice and/or wisdom. Anything else is greatly appreciated. I will keep this post up to date.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys

How do you meditate to connect to people you know like friends or something to know what they think of you and stuff because I am quite interested in things like that

Hey guys

How do you meditate to connect to people you know like friends or something to know what they think of you and stuff because I am quite interested in things like that

You are not alone. I find that a more people are becoming interested in telepathy these days.

I suggest that you follow your inclinations and practice these imaginary conversations with a friend.

John