Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Strange scary sounds from sky

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    rapture

rapture

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:37 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=24q0mP1kmmk

#2    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

• We are much more than we seem to be. :)

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:42 AM

Large metal sheet held vertical, sitting on the ground.

Sheet is struck with a metal object, then bent while the sound reverberates through it.

#3    mickeymudge

mickeymudge

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:40 AM

View Postrapture, on 31 May 2014 - 02:37 AM, said:

OK, Rapture, your probably freaking out about this sound in the sky. You may have even researched several videos with related topic, but find that the sounds vary, and in some cases they might match. The only problem is that you haven't researched enough. I have however, so to keep you from crawling out of your skin anylonger, I will just share with you what I have learned. These sounds, which do vary all around the world, are actually solor storms hitting our atmosphere. The reason why the sounds vary, is because the angle in which it hits us, in comparison to where YOU are on the planet, will alter the sound. Basically our atmosphere is acting like one giant speaker. If you don't quite want to believe this, like most people tell me, you can read it for yourself, like I did.
http://www.sott.net/...d-by-Scientists

#4    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,833 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:44 AM

That's freaky and I don't think its large sheet mental geting hit.i had huge prices of sheet metal and hit them when I was a kid they never sounded like this lol.

#5    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• 1,688 posts

• We are much more than we seem to be. :)

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:49 AM

There are many different logical explanations for these videos.

One was explained by a blade being sharpened nearby.

Here's another explanation:

(open in youtube and read the explanation)

Edited by Hugh, 31 May 2014 - 05:50 AM.

#6    Arkitecht

Arkitecht

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

• The thing's you thought you knew were true,will become a lie thats new.

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:05 AM

There is no "scientific" proof of where or what the sound is.

Tempus Edax Rerum

Arkitecht.com

#7    TheOtherSide1945

TheOtherSide1945

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

• "Some men just want to see the world burn" Alfred

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:34 AM

I'm sorry these sounds are real(not sure about all the vids). I heard them when I was working in Northern Alberta. People that were over 600k away in Edmonton heard them the same time.

Edited by TheOtherSide1945, 31 May 2014 - 06:41 AM.

#8    ufoscan

ufoscan

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:33 AM

Funny thing is a while back, after I watched many clips of these "strange sounds from the sky" and found all the rational explanations for them, I went to shovel my driveway (it was in the middle of winter) and sure enough, I heard a trumpet sound at 1:30am.  It wasn't coming from the sky but from a wooded area.  I figured some drunken guy must be out there with a cheap plastic trumpet... Then, half an hour later, it sounded again.  That one, however, surely must have been a message of the end of times !!!

By the way, most of those YouTube clips borrow their soundtrack for the "weird sounds from the sky" from that movie:

and others borrow them from here:

#9    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 2,561 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

View Postmickeymudge, on 31 May 2014 - 03:40 AM, said:

OK, Rapture, your probably freaking out about this sound in the sky. You may have even researched several videos with related topic, but find that the sounds vary, and in some cases they might match. The only problem is that you haven't researched enough. I have however, so to keep you from crawling out of your skin anylonger, I will just share with you what I have learned. These sounds, which do vary all around the world, are actually solor storms hitting our atmosphere. The reason why the sounds vary, is because the angle in which it hits us, in comparison to where YOU are on the planet, will alter the sound. Basically our atmosphere is acting like one giant speaker. If you don't quite want to believe this, like most people tell me, you can read it for yourself, like I did.
http://www.sott.net/...d-by-Scientists
Based on the fact that the article, thats placed on a page with a donation button BTW, contains the wording "acoustic-gravity waves",
the article should not be included into scientific based investigations about the mentioned phenomenon.

"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"Don't kill the golden goose." - Malcolm McLaren -
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -
"Good drivers do have smashed insects on the side windows" - Walter Röhrl -

#10    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,989 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:07 AM

View Postrapture, on 31 May 2014 - 02:37 AM, said:

It would be a bit more polite next time you post, to add a text description of what youre wanting to talk about, I for one, dont click links without any description or discussion

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#11    mickeymudge

mickeymudge

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

View Posttoast, on 01 June 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

Based on the fact that the article, thats placed on a page with a donation button BTW, contains the wording "acoustic-gravity waves",
the article should not be included into scientific based investigations about the mentioned phenomenon.

I don't understand, are you saying that acoustic gravity waves can't possibly exist, because you have some sort of degree in this field to disprove this, and that any scientist with a correct understanding couldn't possibly have his words posted or shared on a website that's asking for donations?

#12    ufoscan

ufoscan

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:25 AM

The most ordinary explanation is generally the most likely one...

So let's stop trying to look for the most extraordinary ones.  This is all from YouTube, by the way...  Headquarters of the hoaxers !

#13    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• 1,269 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:10 AM

This is a wide spread phenomenon in numerous countries on the globe.There are extremely numerous hypothesis regarding its origins from which the most reliable is the magnetic field, or an intensive peek of radio communication wave discharge.  Google
Strange noises in the sky

#14    JM91

JM91

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

• Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:30 AM

The Solar storm theory makes most sense to me and I'm gonna look into the stuff said in the last post as well. They are indeed strange sounds but they do not scare me what so ever and I really don't think they should be feared.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail

#15    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,893 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:30 AM

View Postqxcontinuum, on 11 July 2014 - 05:10 AM, said:

This is a wide spread phenomenon in numerous countries on the globe.There are extremely numerous hypothesis regarding its origins from which the most reliable is the magnetic field, or an intensive peek of radio communication wave discharge.  Google
Strange noises in the sky

Yeah, dats how you do resurch!!  Only one small problem - I get 538,000 results.  But for "world war 2 plane found on moon" I get 2,070,000 results.

So research tells me that the latter is almost 4 times more credible, right..?

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users