Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Albert Einstein's brain 'not so special'

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:47 AM

Psychologist Terence Hines has debunked previous claims that Einstein's brain had special properties.

One of the most celebrated scientists in history, Albert Einstein's name itself has become synonymous with the concept of genius thanks to his myriad of contributions to the world of physics such as his famous general theory of relativity.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...-not-so-special

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    RabidMongoose

RabidMongoose

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:57 AM

View PostUM-Bot, on 31 May 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

Psychologist Terence Hines has debunked previous claims that Einstein's brain had special properties.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...-not-so-special

There's a lot of lies out there about Einstein such as his IQ level. His IQ level was below average not the genius level many sources claim. Relativity wasn't his own work he got if from ancient Indian sources. Tesla got his ideas from it too as have many other household name scientists.

#3    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• 1,910 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:09 AM

All brains are equal but some brains are more equal than others.

" Where does yesterday go to? Where does tomorrow come from? Is not the universe the proginetor of space and time? "
                                                                        **Time-machine Universe**
                                                            http://www.unexplain...howtopic=286269

#4    Silent Trinity

Silent Trinity

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

• Conspiracy Theorist: Nothing more than a derogatory title used to dismiss a critical thinker

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:13 AM

Well I think that the human mind does still remain largely a mystery, it has already been said countless times that we do not use our brains full potential, perhaps Einstein had one of those dormant regions switched on? Or maybe he just 'thought' differently and his brain worked under a different process to ours? Or perhaps like Beethoven or Stephen Hawking, he was just born with a special gift. Just my ramblings and thoughts on the article :)

#5    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 18,410 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:20 AM

A lot of what people equate with 'intelligence' is linked to how the brain is trained to think from an early age. It's the classic "nature vs nurture" debate, and I side with much of our intelligence being nurture.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#6    Nenaraz

Nenaraz

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostRabidMongoose, on 31 May 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

There's a lot of lies out there about Einstein such as his IQ level. His IQ level was below average not the genius level many sources claim. Relativity wasn't his own work he got if from ancient Indian sources. Tesla got his ideas from it too as have many other household name scientists.

Care to elaborate the Tesla part? What particular sources suggest that? This is really interesting to me therefore my curiosity.

Edited by Nenaraz, 31 May 2014 - 11:27 AM.

#7    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,271 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:29 AM

Einstein's IQ was not below average. Although he was never formally tested the concepts and mathematics he used to formulate his scientific theories indicate that he was at the very least in the gifted catagory.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#8    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

The Holy Dopamine Ghost

• 5,370 posts

• Watching the Star Wars The Force Awakens trailers: I get Goosebumps, and I feel waves of emotions. This is proof that "The Force" is real. :D

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

View PostRabidMongoose, on 31 May 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

Ancient Indian sources even invented the Internet, and Microwave Ovens.

Posted Image
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "Mythical Jesus" Dr. Carrier
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=IybD2xzkhtc <-- "Mythical Moses" Dr. Price (starts@10:20)
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=272571 <-- Science Behind Irrational Beliefs
Inanna the Goddess of love was crucified, then after 3 days/nights was resurrected. An over 3,000 yo Tablet saying this is proof of it's truth. Praise Jesus Serotonin Christ!

#9    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence.

• 11,494 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:56 PM

View PostLilly, on 31 May 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

Einstein's IQ was not below average. Although he was never formally tested the concepts and mathematics he used to formulate his scientific theories indicate that he was at the very least in the gifted catagory.
Quite right.

In addition, he was certainly not inspired by any Vedic text, nor was Tesla.

Harte

Posted Image
See the new Harte Mark III
And the Mayan panoramas on my pyramid pajamas haven't helped my little problem. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Anybody like Coleridge?

#10    Sundew

Sundew

Poltergeist

• 2,508 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:55 PM

Physically, perhaps no different from any other, but quantifying where genius comes from and how it manifests itself is another matter. I wish I could be this "average."

#11    Sundew

Sundew

Poltergeist

• 2,508 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:56 PM

View Postdavros of skaro, on 31 May 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

Ancient Indian sources even invented the Internet, and Microwave Ovens.

Ancient Indian sources invented the Kama Sutra, after that, little work got done.

#12    kwin

kwin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:32 PM

Our brains are essentially organs that translate electrical signals from all parts of the body, i.e. our five senses, so why couldn't this 'receiver' translate wireless signals also? There are many documented instances of this being the case.

Be careful about watching the sky, it may change your life forever.

#13    Mr Supertypo

Mr Supertypo

Hi...

• 1,878 posts

• I'll be back....

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

I think all people posses the ability of higher thinking like Einstein. But just not everybody is able to use it. Just look at the UFO/Conspiracy/ETC theorist outhere and here. Sometimes im puzzled by them, yes what they say is 99% bull...but this is not the point. Its their brainwork in connecting the dots the work they do sometimes extremely complex. I wonder if their life were different and they used their thinking for science instead against science, they would all be Einsteins?

As far I know Einstein in Germany was pushed aside in favor of aryan kids. Maybe that culd have been the trigger?

#14    Rolci

Rolci

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:23 AM

Of course not special. We all have his abilities and MUCH MUCH more. Which is why acquired savant syndrome exists in the first place, as well as people experiencing head injuries and waking up speaking foreign, medieval and sometimes extinct languages. It's all in there, I don't know how, but it's all in there.

#15    highdesert50

highdesert50

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:24 AM

Much can be learned from Einstein's observed personality. He possessed Grit, that is, the perseverance and passion to pursue long term goals despite failure and adversity. And, that is a trait we can all aspire to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users