Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

NASA aims to land humans on Mars by 2035

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:32 PM

The space agency has emphasized that sending humans to the Red Planet is still its primary mission.

At the recent European Lunar Symposium at the Natural History Museum in London, chief NASA scientist Dr Ellen Stofan and deputy chief technologist Jim Adams indicated that a manned mission to Mars may be possible by 2035.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...on-mars-by-2035

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Silent Trinity

Silent Trinity

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

• Conspiracy Theorist: Nothing more than a derogatory title used to dismiss a critical thinker

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:23 PM

Good to see there are some positive steps being taken in our continued exploration of space. I must admit that one the shuttle was scrapped i feared we had perhaps taken a step backwards. Be interesting to see how this progresses, although, maybe I read it wrong but I don't feel too comfortable with NASA pulling asteroids NEARER to us lol :/

#3    Astra.

Astra.

Xanadu

• 3,805 posts

• We are in the cosmos - and the cosmos are in us.

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:00 PM

I'll mark the year on my calender in case I have dementia by then.

Posted Image

#4    Sundew

Sundew

Poltergeist

• 2,508 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:39 PM

All well and good and it would certainly advance science and knowledge, but still, it looks to be a lifeless world and man will be confined in elaborate tin cans. The difficulties of getting there, staying there and hopefully returning to Earth one day would seem to take us much farther into the future than 2035, but technology can change quite a bit in 20 years.

#5    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:17 PM

The only exciting thing about trapping yourself on a barren hell hole like Mars would be the fact that as a human, you can explore and dig with a good old fashioned shovel to see what (if anything) lies beneath the sands and dried up lakes.

Could be fossils or whatever considering Mars was once like Earth.

Imagine the hysteria if a skull of some kind was found or the foundations of buildings.

The thing about Rovers is, they have to follow a path and are slow as hell.

It would be a hilarious day in human history if a £5 shovel discovered something big that a multi-million pound piece of machinery did not.

Edited by Sean93, 31 May 2014 - 05:27 PM.

#6    Andromedan StarSeed

Andromedan StarSeed

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

• Technician of the sacred

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

Only thing can be linked to this article that also heard by the site that NASA had many plains about mars that they had some kind of program that they chose many people go to mars and be trained and tested for many things for the aid. NASA has talked about in there site few times and mars programs that housing on mars and etc by the sective  so many people to do the study and etc to make mars very habitable for human life and other things. I’m not sure  you guys  heard  about it was  around  year ago or so sadly I haven’t  found resent links deeper in the project on mars  of housing.

(If you guys find the link please do share it with others)

I channel in order to dream, Inspiring intuition.
I seal the input of abundance, With the resonant tone of attunement.
I am guided by the power of vision.

#7    Bloodflower

Bloodflower

Poltergeist

• 2,476 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:55 PM

Unfortunately I'll be an old lady then :(

"When a wolf doesn't want to do something, they look really cute!"
Michelle Paver

#8    Silent Trinity

Silent Trinity

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

• Conspiracy Theorist: Nothing more than a derogatory title used to dismiss a critical thinker

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:24 PM

View PostRose-Red Howler, on 31 May 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

Unfortunately I'll be an old lady then :(

Same here, i'll be 62 then :(

Posted Image

"That is the essence of science: ask an impertinent question and you are on the way to a pertinent answer..."

- Jacob Bronowski

#9    Ashyne

Ashyne

Atheist & Skeptic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:24 PM

A private space agency is already planning to colonize Mars by 2025. NASA is slow.

#10    Socio

Socio

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:29 PM

Bubble burst incoming:

Never going to happen, we won't have the money to pay for it, the US is already trillions in debt and adding to people to its welfare roster hand over fist and not just US citizens but from all parts of the world, not going to be enough funds to pay for that let alone keep a space program afloat.

#11    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 34,221 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:54 PM

View PostAshyne, on 31 May 2014 - 09:24 PM, said:

A private space agency is already planning to colonize Mars by 2025. NASA is slow.
It's not an agency, it is a basically a reality TV show. They intend to send the colonists on a one way journey dispensing with such niceties as bringing the crew members back home.

NASA rather likes to return it's astronauts safely to the Earth.

It may be a case of the tortoise and the hare, but I've read Aesop and I know who my money is on.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#12    highdesert50

highdesert50

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:57 PM

Sustain the dream for those of us who will be old or passed ... barriers are there for a reason. They are not to keep us out. Rather, they are there to show us how much we want the dream.

#13    maximusnow

maximusnow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

• Science is a road trip and facts are the photos we take on the way, the fuel that propels us is ignorance.

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

Here is a new idea, build a prison on mars. We could multi task more efficently by monitoring what the prisoners do to survive, if they survive. It would be a reality show, science expedition, a study in evolution and reduce prison over crowding all in one.

#14    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 34,221 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

View Postmaximusnow, on 01 June 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

Here is a new idea, build a prison on mars. We could multi task more efficently by monitoring what the prisoners do to survive, if they survive. It would be a reality show, science expedition, a study in evolution and reduce prison over crowding all in one.

Yes because, as the Nazis showed us, scientific experimentation on prisoners is a very moral thing to do.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf, 01 June 2014 - 06:09 PM.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#15    Noteverythingisaconspiracy

Noteverythingisaconspiracy

Illuminati member

• 3,473 posts

• "An open mind is like an open door, unless you're careful anything might get in." Sir Wearer of Hats

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

View PostSilent Trinity, on 31 May 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

Same here, i'll be 62 then :(

I will also be 62 then.
I just hope i will see a manned Mars mission in my lifetime, i was born too late to experience the moonlandings :cry:

"People will generally accept fact as truth only if the fact agree with what they already believe"
Andy Rooney

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and im not sure about the former"
Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users