Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Dolphins Guide Rescuers To Drowning Girl

suicidal girl bottlenose dolphins marina del rey hospital lifeguards

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 40,019 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:59 PM

One day, my research team and I were following a school of bottlenose dolphins near shore as we do on a regular basis in the waters off Los Angeles, California. We just wrapped up our photo-identification work and were moving on to take video of dolphin social interactions and enter data on behavior.

The dolphins were still feeding in circle near shore, when suddenly, one individual changed direction heading out toward deeper water.

http://newswatch.nat...rl/#close-modal

Posted Image

#2    simplybill

simplybill

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:57 PM

That young lady will have a great story to tell her children and grandchildren.

Every warrior is happy when his enemies flee before him, but much more blessed is the man to whom his fiercest enemies can come with confidence, knowing beforehand they will be received with love.
Richard Wurmbrand in Reaching Toward the Heights.

#3    Paranomaly

Paranomaly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 98 posts

• If you want to know the truth follow your instincts and listen to your conscience.

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:02 PM

Pretty amazing

#4    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:38 PM

So they can sense that someone is in trouble "3 miles away" ?

#5    maximusnow

maximusnow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

• Science is a road trip and facts are the photos we take on the way, the fuel that propels us is ignorance.

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

Maybe another dolphin communicated to the pod with beeps, cracks, and whistles and alerted them of the situation. The pod left after recieving the 411 on the girl, leading the team to the target area. There are so many reports of un- believable dolhin interventions.

#6    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,574 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

From the article:

"I cut the engine and called the lifeguards on the VHF radio. They told us not to do anything until they arrived on site but it was our unanimous feeling that if we didn’t act immediately, the girl would die. We decided to ignore lifeguard’s instructions, instead pulling the frail and hypothermic body on board."

Why on Earth would the lifeguards tell people not to get the girl out of the water?? This seems insane! Good thing the researches actually had brains.

Also, I sincerely hope she gets the help she needs and recovers positively from her suicide attempt.

Edited by Purplos, 01 June 2014 - 03:01 PM.

Embrace the impossible.

#7    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:32 PM

View PostPurplos, on 01 June 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

Good thing the researches actually had brains.
I like very much this sentence :)

#8    JVG

JVG

Poltergeist

• 2,998 posts

• Live and learn.

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:24 PM

What a story, I hope she gets the help that she needs  and recovers from this ordeal...dolphins are fantastic...

#9    Silent Trinity

Silent Trinity

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

• Conspiracy Theorist: Nothing more than a derogatory title used to dismiss a critical thinker

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

Who knows if they did it on porpoise or not (sorry couldn't resist, I shall submit myself for punishment at your leisure). Either way it is a great story and just one of those wonderful little anecdotes that nature gives us every now and then.

Edited by Silent Trinity, 01 June 2014 - 04:55 PM.

#10    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

Thank goodness all turned out so well.  The young lady can thank her lucky stars that some very intelligent and caring beings saved her life that day, human and otherwise.

#11    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

Fascinating story. Yes, these kinds of anecdotal stories pop up on a regular basis, but what surprised me most was the first comment on that National Geographic article, and I quote;

"what really happens with animals is that God allows animals to react to the prompting of angels to come to the aid of humans. Animals are creatures of God and humans, through Christ life and redemption on the cross, have become children of God. there is a distinction. God has given humans doinion over animals. god made animals for humans , not humans for animals. sometimes humans get that reversed!"

Clearly we have some more work to do, /sigh.

#12    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

View PostPurplos, on 01 June 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

From the article:

"I cut the engine and called the lifeguards on the VHF radio. They told us not to do anything until they arrived on site but it was our unanimous feeling that if we didn’t act immediately, the girl would die. We decided to ignore lifeguard’s instructions, instead pulling the frail and hypothermic body on board."

Why on Earth would the lifeguards tell people not to get the girl out of the water?? This seems insane! Good thing the researches actually had brains.

Also, I sincerely hope she gets the help she needs and recovers positively from her suicide attempt.

More than brains, they had common sense and courage enough to disregard what the authorities had said.

No surprise that the dolphins could or would do this. Animals have powers that humans do not. :gun:

Edited by Babe Ruth, 01 June 2014 - 06:31 PM.

#13    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,274 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:40 PM

Really makes ya think.. don't it?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#14    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,025 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

View PostSilent Trinity, on 01 June 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

Who knows if they did it on porpoise or not
yeah i laughed at this one

#15    Ralaman

Ralaman

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

Thankfully animals are dumb and lack souls making it OK with governments to preform horrible experiments on them...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users