Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Star Wars: Episode V Named Best Film Ever

Still Waters

Star Wars creator George Lucas has said it is a "privilege" to see The Empire Strikes Back top a poll of the greatest movies of all time.

The film, which came out in 1980, beat competition from 301 other titles in Empire magazine's survey of 250,000 fans.

https://uk.news.yaho...33.html#lPCZwVg

• Like 2

Like there was ever any doubt???

• Like 2

Star Wars wins!!

I think actually what the best movie ever is depends on who you ask.

• Like 1

I'm not surprised but it wouldn't get into my top 10

• Like 1

Haven't seen the movie, but these kinds of polls change over time as you can see from the magazine's Wikipedia page. At least they do have a Masterpiece list. I'm not saying this film doesn't deserve to be rated highly, I don't want to get into an argument with Star Wars fans!

Of course, I loved the first 3 movies when they came out.

What can I say...

Hoth, AT AT walkers, Luke using the Force, Han cutting open the Taun Taun, Bounty Hunters, Yoda, Boba Fett, cloud city, Calrissian, Carbonite, my god i could go on forver here...

But mostly that the good guys don't win and...... No, I am your Father!!!!

There are films out there that are 'better', but the timing of this film and its wide audience are what I think have clinched the vote here. It built on Star Wars but still managed to surprise the viewer and wow us with excitement, effects and a great soundtrack.

I only hope Ep VII comes near the quality that was Ep V The Empire Strikes Back.

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 2