Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Bride straps baby to wedding dress

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,099 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:57 PM

This is too funny:

Read it here

#2    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,415 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:43 PM

I fear for the future of the human race.  Each generation is dumber than the last.

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,812 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:45 PM

Firstly, what has Jesus has got to do with a baby strapped to its mothers white wedding dress?
Secondly, have these people not heard of prams?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#4    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,812 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:49 PM

View PostEldorado, on 02 June 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

I fear for the future of the human race.  Each generation is dumber than the last.
yep, wait til the baby grows up and gets married, walking down the aisle of a church in a white wedding dress with her 2 babies sewn into seems and grandma pinned to the end of the veil.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#5    JVG

JVG

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

• Live and learn.

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:55 PM

Is this something like putting the cart before the horse!!! White gown !!!

#6    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,850 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

Wow, I had a different mental image in mind when I read the title. Thought it was going to be a chest sling sort of thing strapped on- like the baby right there up front for the ceremony. That mother dragged her baby on the floor in the train of her dress like a hind-thought garment weight. That's appalling.

#7    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,350 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

I'm gonna speculate that she did this in the hope it would make the news somewhere and she might make some money or internet fame off it.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#8    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,812 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:42 PM

View Postrashore, on 02 June 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

Wow, I had a different mental image in mind when I read the title. Thought it was going to be a chest sling sort of thing strapped on- like the baby right there up front for the ceremony. That mother dragged her baby on the floor in the train of her dress like a hind-thought garment weight. That's appalling.
It is appalling, but its the same old defence:

Mom Shona Carter-Brooks took to Facebook to defend her and her husband Johnathan Brooks' controversial decision, stating that "The answer is we do what we want, when we want, as long as Jesus on our side everything worked out fine and gona [sic] continue to be fine"
http://www.bridalgui...to-wedding-gown

and because of this, they do not see the wrong in it.

#9    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

• 8,332 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

I saw this on LOLCats.

"The answer is we do what we want, when we want." Really?

Edited by I_Am_Avatar_Korra, 02 June 2014 - 07:55 PM.

#10    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,621 posts

• Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others. -Buddha

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:05 PM

I fail to see what is so funny about it.

What I see is a terribly callous way in which to treat an infant, especially one that young. It conveys a total disregard for herself and her baby and it also conveys the idea that she sees the infant as some sort of "accessory".

I just have a hard time connecting with the mindset of this woman and I question her husband for even going along with this.

Oh..and the "we do what we want as long as jesus is on our side" is an incredibly sick way to rationalize this.
I guess they will start beating on the baby as long as it is ok with their god too?
Makes me puke.

Edited by Ryu, 02 June 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#11    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,098 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

This is all wrong, that picture gives me the shivers. What if the bride lost her footing or something, turned an ankle even? she could have fallen backwards on top of her baby.

Posted Image

#12    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,098 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 02 June 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

I'm gonna speculate that she did this in the hope it would make the news somewhere and she might make some money or internet fame off it.
You could easily be right.They must have known what they did would gain a lot of attention.

Posted Image

#13    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,812 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:44 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 02 June 2014 - 08:29 PM, said:

This is all wrong, that picture gives me the shivers. What if the bride lost her footing or something, turned an ankle even? she could have fallen backwards on top of her baby.
That would never had crossed her mind because........Jesus is on her side!

#14    beelzebufo

beelzebufo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:25 PM

I didn't know Jesus advocated the practice of dragging your baby across the floor.

I don't have any academic background or qualification or life.
However, I can absorb all substances into the body from my eyes.

#15    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,099 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:53 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 02 June 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

Firstly, what has Jesus has got to do with a baby strapped to its mothers white wedding dress?
Secondly, have these people not heard of prams?
What the heck is a pram?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users