Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Cyber Attack 'To Hit In Next Two Weeks'

cyber attack botnets fbi malware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,028 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:45 PM

Computer users are being urged to protect their machines from malware which allows hackers to steal financial data.

British investigators have been working with the FBI to trace the hackers behind ongoing attacks, and the botnet system used by the targets has been temporarily disrupted.

https://uk.news.yaho...tml?vp=1#HU3fCM

Posted Image

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,797 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

Ebay got hit a couple of weeks ago, but, Europe were told a week before England, how does that work? If Ebay were hacked then why would it take week for them to inform England and were we safe during that time?   Not sure what to believe, is there really a threat, why 2 weeks? Its either here now or not. Maybe people are not buying the antivirus software as much now.

personally I think its the responsibility of the servers, I use firefox and think they should have an anti virus thing inbuilt and do not see why I should pay for one.
Remember the days when plugs came separately, not anymore.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,880 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:14 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 03 June 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

Ebay got hit a couple of weeks ago, but, Europe were told a week before England, how does that work? If Ebay were hacked then why would it take week for them to inform England and were we safe during that time?   Not sure what to believe, is there really a threat, why 2 weeks? Its either here now or not. Maybe people are not buying the antivirus software as much now.

personally I think its the responsibility of the servers, I use firefox and think they should have an anti virus thing inbuilt and do not see why I should pay for one.
Remember the days when plugs came separately, not anymore.

Windows 8 comes with Windows Defender installed and Microsoft Security Essentials (basically Windows Defender) is available for free for all Windows 7, Vista and XP installations.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#4    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,746 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:22 AM

View PostMerc14, on 03 June 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

Windows 8 comes with Windows Defender installed and Microsoft Security Essentials (basically Windows Defender) is available for free for all Windows 7, Vista and XP installations.

Also a modem/router firewall there too.

Also tagged with cyber attack, botnets, fbi, malware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users