Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Holder revives domestic terror task force

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,826 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

Attorney General Eric Holder, citing an “escalating danger from self-radicalized individuals within our own borders,” said Tuesday that the Justice Department will revive a domestic terrorism task force.
The task force was established after the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995 to share information about domestic threats. It was set to meet the morning of Sept. 11, 2001, after which the country turned its focus to terror overseas.
“But now, as the nature of the threat we face evolves to including the possibility of individual radicalization via the Internet, it is critical that we return our focus to potential extremists here at home,” Holder said in a weekly video.

http://www.nbcnews.c...k-force-n121026

A guy who is responcible for a untold number of deaths from arming drug cartel's is putting together a task force to crush political oposition. We are now suppose to believe that the internet is radicalizing domestic terrorists to the point where we will undoubtably spend billions in a modern day witch hunt. Of course thats what this war on terror has always been about. Using fear to take our rights, and now using force to stop the people who expose their BS.

And for the folks on the left (whatever that means) that think getting those right wing extremists might be a good idea, remember sooner or later we will get a president on the other side of the coin, and it will be you who is the terrorist.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#2    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,826 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:23 PM

And how many of these so called threats were the FBI directly responcible for?

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

The United States has been narrowly saved from lethal terrorist plots in recent years — or so it has seemed. A would-be suicide bomber was intercepted on his way to the Capitol; a scheme to bomb synagogues and shoot Stinger missiles at military aircraft was developed by men in Newburgh, N.Y.; and a fanciful idea to fly explosive-laden model planes into the Pentagon and the Capitol was hatched in Massachusetts.

But all these dramas were facilitated by the F.B.I., whose undercover agents and informers posed as terrorists offering a dummy missile, fake C-4 explosives, a disarmed suicide vest and rudimentary training. Suspects naïvely played their parts until they were arrested.
When an Oregon college student, Mohamed Osman Mohamud, thought of using a car bomb to attack a festive Christmas-tree lighting ceremony in Portland, the F.B.I. provided a van loaded with six 55-gallon drums of “inert material,” harmless blasting caps, a detonator cord and a gallon of diesel fuel to make the van smell flammable. An undercover F.B.I. agent even did the driving, with Mr. Mohamud in the passenger seat. To trigger the bomb the student punched a number into a cellphone and got no boom, only a bust.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#3    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,000 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:45 PM

Holder is a traitor and and idiot.

“escalating danger from self-radicalized individuals within our own borders,”

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!  If he's not talking about the federal government or the police then I have no idea who he means.

#4    Socio

Socio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:38 PM

I am guessing Holders criteria for "Home Grown" terrorists would be members of one or more of the following groups;

White
Male
Hetero
Christian
Conservative
Constitutionalist
Tea party member
Republican voter
Gun owner / CCW holder
2A and BoR supporter
Veteran
Or simply a Vocal Patriot

Edited by Socio, 03 June 2014 - 04:38 PM.

#5    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

Self-radicalized individuals????

If that is not Orwellian, I don't know what is.

Sad sad situation.

#6    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

People are poor and p***ed off at the way the country is being run into the ground. The tension between citizens and law enforcement seems to escalating with each new video that hits the web. All this pressure has to go somewhere and both sides seem to be gearing up for the inevitable clash. Eric Holder said it himself, "escalating danger" - they want to suppress any sort of rebellion before it can gain traction. The whole "war on whistleblowers" is a good example of how to make an example.

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#7    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,000 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:09 PM

And the whole thing is like wet soap.  The tighter they hold the faster and further it will get out of their hands.

#8    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:18 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 03 June 2014 - 08:27 PM, said:

Self-radicalized individuals????

If that is not Orwellian, I don't know what is.

Sad sad situation.

I love it!

If you take a stand and speak up about the unconstitutional actions of your own government, the government labels you "self-radicalized". Nothing to do with them, everything to do with you being crazy! You can't make this stuff up.

#9    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:55 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 03 June 2014 - 08:37 PM, said:

People are poor and p***ed off at the way the country is being run into the ground. The tension between citizens and law enforcement seems to escalating with each new video that hits the web. All this pressure has to go somewhere and both sides seem to be gearing up for the inevitable clash. Eric Holder said it himself, "escalating danger" - they want to suppress any sort of rebellion before it can gain traction. The whole "war on whistleblowers" is a good example of how to make an example.

Having a few good friends in law enforcement, my view is that the bad laws passed by the various legislatures is probably more responsible for the situation than the cops themselves.  Yes, there are bad individuals who should not be cops, for sure, but the existence of lousy and pernicious laws, and especially the zealous enforcement of bad laws, is at the root of it IMO.

A perfect example is the drugs laws.  They have been a miserable failure for a century now, but still the politicians support them.

#10    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,831 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 04 June 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:

Having a few good friends in law enforcement, my view is that the bad laws passed by the various legislatures is probably more responsible for the situation than the cops themselves.  Yes, there are bad individuals who should not be cops, for sure, but the existence of lousy and pernicious laws, and especially the zealous enforcement of bad laws, is at the root of it IMO.

A perfect example is the drugs laws.  They have been a miserable failure for a century now, but still the politicians support them.
The thing about cops are there's two types.  People who want to feel helpful(the good ones) and people who want to feel powerful(the bad ones).

I've personally met more helpful than powerful ones in my life, but my brothers don't agree.

#11    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,617 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:47 PM

"Now don't get me wrong, I don't mean disrespect
There are a lot of good cops, who serve and protect
And they boldly put their lives on the line
To protect our rights and give us peace of mind
But for every cop who thinks his badge is a crown
This song is for you, and I'll never bow down ... "- Corey Smith

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#12    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 04 June 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:

Ugh. Don't get me started on that. All these private interests lobbying to keep commonly used, harmless drugs illegal just so they can keep bloated police budgets, build new prisons, etc.
Here in Canada-land, the US DEA somehow manages to heavily influence our own policy makers (wtf?) so every motion to legalize pot or even to decriminalize it are shot down repeatedly.

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#13    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• 1,083 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

View PostOverSword, on 03 June 2014 - 03:45 PM, said:

Holder is a traitor and and idiot.

“escalating danger from self-radicalized individuals within our own borders,”

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!  If he's not talking about the federal government or the police then I have no idea who he means.

The funny part is that this is coming from someone who ran with an ARMED group at Columbia Univ. and occupied an empty ROTC building.  One thing I never got out of that story is, if your going to prove you are a bad ***, why didn't they go after an occupied ROTC building not an empty one?  They'd get their butts handed to them on a platter...

I have a feeling this administration is going to go out with a bang...

http://dailycaller.c...ty-rotc-office/

Edited by Mantis914, 04 June 2014 - 02:22 PM.

#14    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

I so want to comment on this topic, but as usual, the members who have already posted have said it far better than I ever could.

Regardless, here's my two cents worth; Eric Holder......"what a funking goof"

#15    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• 2,006 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 04 June 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

Ugh. Don't get me started on that. All these private interests lobbying to keep commonly used, harmless drugs illegal just so they can keep bloated police budgets, build new prisons, etc.
Here in Canada-land, the US DEA somehow manages to heavily influence our own policy makers (wtf?) so every motion to legalize pot or even to decriminalize it are shot down repeatedly.

That is sad.  Canada should be a sovereign nation and capable of doing whatever it feels is best for Canada.  The fact that USA policy rains on you is terrible.  I feel for ya bro...wish it didn't happen that way.

Holder is a giant d0uche....I hope so much that he gets nailed for his crap or gets removed from power...he is an illness and has done nothing good that I am aware of since assuming the role...he literally is cancer in the flesh.

Obam-bam supports him...why?...I am assuming the racial thing is much deeper than any of us want to admit...we have a whole list of folks that are in position because of race and not qualification...that chick Rice is a loser....she needs to be kicked to the curb but it won't hapen cause she is a woman and she is African-American....never mind she is a troll and dumb as a stump...I do not care what college pushed her affirmative action @ss through...she is not a good person for the job...but we are apparently stuck with her cause obam-bam is not going to do the right thing and can her.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users