Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Vincent van Gogh's ear grown

vincent van goghs ear lieuwe van gogh

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,623 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

A German museum has put on display a copy of Vincent van Gogh's ear that was grown using some of the Dutch artist's genetic material.

The 19-century painter is said to have cut off his own left ear during a psychotic episode in 1888.

http://www.telegraph...ives-cells.html

Posted Image

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:26 PM

Well I must say the technology is amazing, but would this not be better used on someone who could see and feel the benefits today, ie: someone living?

Slightly off topic, this reminds me, anyone hear about the guy who wanted to write a book about Van Gogh being Jack the ripper? or did he finally realize he had made a right old pigs ear of that!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

I remember him free,after his thread here got closed never hear another thing about him lol

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#4    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 3,176 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:46 PM

Louvre, pfft.
MoMA, pfft.
National Gallery, pfft.
Guggenheim, pfft.

We do have the wild stuff here!

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#5    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 3,176 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:25 PM

You can talk to the ear. The input sound is processed by a computer using software that converts it to simulate nerve impulses
in real time. The speaker remains in soliloquy. The crackling sound that is produced is used to outline absence instead of presence.

http://on1.zkm.de/zk...toryReader$8887

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users