Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Girl films bizarre 'dancing' light in the sky

katie real macie real dancing light

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,614 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

A schoolgirl was left stunned after spotted a strange 'dancing' light in the sky - but managed to capture the intriguing sight on camera.

11-year-old Katie Real and her sister Macie were playing with their mum Fiona's laptop on Saturday when they spotted what looked like a ball of light dancing above a house outside, and quickly started filming.

http://metro.co.uk/2...he-sky-4749937/

Posted Image

#2    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,433 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

Smart kids, they figure out pretty quick that it's not something ordinary.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#3    Perceptivum

Perceptivum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 301 posts

• Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:43 PM

Interesting, I don't know what to make of it.  Wonder why she didn't go outside on the patio to get a better look?

"Even if you are in a minority of one, the truth is still the truth". - Ghandi

"A conspiracy is a truth awaiting revelation." - Me

#4    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 3,176 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:53 PM

Authentic clip, no fake. I would say its something of military origin or a model rocket that failed. Clip was taken in Northampton, BTW.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#5    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 3,176 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

POPULAR

View PostPerceptivum, on 04 June 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

Interesting, I don't know what to make of it.  Wonder why she didn't go outside on the patio to get a better look?
The clip was taken from the first or second floor and the altitude of the object was very low. So it could not had get been filmed
from the patio also under the consideration that the patio is surrounded by high walls and the fact that kids are short. And BTW,
11yo Katie darling did a much better job than 91,2% of all the YT UFO morons. And she had no cam, just a laptop. Well done,
I would say.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#6    PlanB

PlanB

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

• Find out what you love and let it kill you.

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:33 PM

Similar footage was shown on a SyFy program called Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files. They concluded that it was probably an RC plane that had flares attached to it.

#7    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

View PostPlanB, on 04 June 2014 - 09:33 PM, said:

Similar footage was shown on a SyFy program called Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files. They concluded that it was probably an RC plane that had flares attached to it.

#8    MrBene

MrBene

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

• A regular guy

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:43 AM

I agree with the RC thingy with flares.

#9    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,827 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:52 AM

Me too Its All done with Mirrors and Lights ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#10    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:00 AM

View PostPlanB, on 04 June 2014 - 09:33 PM, said:

I might be wrong, but to me it looks too distant and large to be a flare.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#11    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:02 AM

View Posttoast, on 04 June 2014 - 08:53 PM, said:

Authentic clip, no fake. I would say its something of military origin or a model rocket that failed. Clip was taken in Northampton, BTW.

The long fire trail, and large swooping circles bringing it closer to the ground makes me think you are more likely on the right track.

Edited by psyche101, 05 June 2014 - 04:04 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#12    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:03 AM

View Posttoast, on 04 June 2014 - 09:10 PM, said:

The clip was taken from the first or second floor and the altitude of the object was very low. So it could not had get been filmed
from the patio also under the consideration that the patio is surrounded by high walls and the fact that kids are short. And BTW,
11yo Katie darling did a much better job than 91,2% of all the YT UFO morons. And she had no cam, just a laptop. Well done,
I would say.

I concur, she did an excellent job. She should be proud of how well she did, as you say, better than nearly every other one in existence.

She even beat the anti gravity blurring filters. :huh: :lol:

Edited by psyche101, 05 June 2014 - 04:04 AM.

#13    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,246 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:29 AM

Nice footage!!  I think it's an RC too, and here's another potential example:

Fast forward to about 2:00 and watch as he fires up the incendiaries, and then again at 3:30ish..

I want one.

Edited by ChrLzs, 05 June 2014 - 06:34 AM.

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#14    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:36 AM

That's a great clip CHrlz, it just looks like as it gets further away the firetail gets quite small, from Katies clip though the firetail looks really long to me, which I why I thought toast was more likely right. I would expect a model rocket might put out a big plume like that.

Good to see ya mate!

#15    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,246 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:42 AM

And of course this means we need something to shoot these alieunz down, but don't worry, we're ready:

PS - psyche, yeah I see what you mean, but on a wide lens like that it might be giving a false impression of the distance.. + I think the maneuvers look controlled over quite a long period, hence RC is my bet.

Edited by ChrLzs, 05 June 2014 - 06:45 AM.

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users