Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Father Hits Teacher With Baseball Bat

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,040 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

This isn't entirely right but I can understand why the father did it. I'll let you read the text and decide.
http://www.newsnet5....h-teen-daughter

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#2    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,380 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:04 PM

I agree with you, Susie.

I'd have done the same, most likely.

#3    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,820 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

View PostEldorado, on 07 June 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

I agree with you, Susie.

I'd have done the same, most likely.

What you said.... and then some!!

#4    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:37 PM

I think I would've used my fists myself but I like the personal touch

#5    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• 1,348 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

Im a hot headed muda faker so I would have done the same thing,

Posted Image

#6    Red Howler

Red Howler

Angry werewolf girl

• 1,542 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:01 PM

The teacher is a predator. Besides that he was trespasing and refused to leave the house.

Not everything is explained

Posted Image

#7    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,632 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

This child needs to be held to some account as well as her parents.  YES the teacher is so far out of line that his license should be pulled permanently but the girl needs to answer some questions as well.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#8    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,040 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:20 PM

What bothers me the most is that this teacher went to this girl's house. Why? If I was being accused of improper behavior with a student, her house would be the last place anyone would find me. Questions can be answered during the school's investigation since it doesn't appear the police are going to get involved. Her parents did notify them.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#9    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,274 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:18 PM

I'd have to read the texts to understand how they were determined "emotional" and "seemed inappropriate".
I would think by the way the events unfolded- with the teacher going over there and then refusing to leave- that there might actually have been a true misunderstanding re: the texts, but heck if I know.

#10    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:31 PM

I say that the father had hit a home run in my books.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#11    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,833 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:41 PM

Hmm kind of hard to say if the teacher deserved it without knowing what the text messages said.  Maybe he was inappropriate, maybe it was platonic and the teacher tried to explain it as such, but either way it was very unprofessional.

I had a high school teacher who everyone liked and would invite graduated students to go fishing with him or do other water activities(he was a big boater).  He flat out refused to let any students who hadn't graduated go with him because he knew it was unprofessional to mix students with his personal life.

#12    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,632 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:22 PM

View Postsusieice, on 07 June 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

What bothers me the most is that this teacher went to this girl's house. Why? If I was being accused of improper behavior with a student, her house would be the last place anyone would find me. Questions can be answered during the school's investigation since it doesn't appear the police are going to get involved. Her parents did notify them.
You're right - and it shows (again) this guy's lack of understanding propriety where children are concerned.  Maybe he really was just a very nice and harmless teacher and felt he could explain the situation to the father but any rational person would know that should be done on neutral ground.  A meeting room in a library at the school, the principal's office...  he's lucky the dad didn't seriously injure him.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#13    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,292 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:27 PM

I'd have given him a Glasgow Kiss and called the police.
Daughter of Mine and I would have had a long chat about what was inappropriate and he'd have been sacked and I'd have a well earnt headache.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#14    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,274 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:52 PM

View PostWickian, on 07 June 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

Hmm kind of hard to say if the teacher deserved it without knowing what the text messages said.  Maybe he was inappropriate, maybe it was platonic and the teacher tried to explain it as such, but either way it was very unprofessional.

It sounds like it's that they were teacher/student and that's what seemed to police as inappropriate. I agree it shows a lack of good judgement on the part of the teacher, surprisingly so, but I still wouldn't jump to conclusions about his intent because of the volume of the texts and the police determined no crime.

Another thing, though, that headline is misleading. It comes across as though the father hit the teacher with a bat because of texts, but the actual reason was because the teacher wouldn't leave when he was asked.

#15    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,005 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:05 AM

According to the police there was nothing they could do as the texts didn't indicate anything inappropriate was happening.  How do you know this isn't a case of a psycho father, who likely doesn't trust anyone because he can't be trusted, jealous of his little girls relationship with another man?  Just saying, we don't know at this point and since a minor is involved probably never will.  In a few weeks when they find that the father killed the whole family before he put the gun in his own mouth won't we feel silly for automatically assuming the teacher was in the wrong here?

Edited by OverSword, 08 June 2014 - 12:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users