Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Jonbenet's Killer Mr. Cruel

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#46    EmmasMommy

EmmasMommy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

• Someone's always watching

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:43 AM

If anyone is interested, here's John Cameron's web site dedicated to Edwards and his book.
It's worth a look IMO.

http://coldcasecameron.com/

Edited by EmmasMommy, 10 June 2014 - 12:46 AM.

#47    mbrn30000

mbrn30000

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:06 AM

View PostEmmasMommy, on 10 June 2014 - 12:43 AM, said:

If anyone is interested, here's John Cameron's web site dedicated to Edwards and his book.
It's worth a look IMO.

http://coldcasecameron.com/
Thanks for the link.  This writer is a bit farfetched.  I think edwards probably did a lot more crimes including murder but I really doubt he had anything to do with any of these crimes.  This writer seems to have made a list of the most publicized murders and wrote a book to sell books. His list is a who's who in murder.  Kind of bogus.  But edwards's dna should continue to be compared to unsolved crimes and any other murders for that matter.  He was a bad dude.

#48    EmmasMommy

EmmasMommy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

• Someone's always watching

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:03 AM

View Postmbrn30000, on 10 June 2014 - 02:06 AM, said:

Thanks for the link.  This writer is a bit farfetched.  I think edwards probably did a lot more crimes including murder but I really doubt he had anything to do with any of these crimes.  This writer seems to have made a list of the most publicized murders and wrote a book to sell books. His list is a who's who in murder.  Kind of bogus.  But edwards's dna should continue to be compared to unsolved crimes and any other murders for that matter.  He was a bad dude.

I totally agree. He was a horrible man. I'm sure he did alot more than we know, but, like you said, I doubt he had anything to do with any of these.

#49    2-B

2-B

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:19 PM

I had mixed feelings listening to the Cameron interview because it was short on specifics linking Edwards to any of the notorious crimes like JonBenet's--although many authors hawking books are reluctant to spill details precisely b/c they *are* trying to sell product. :-)
Cameron's book is pretty pricey, so I'm not running out to buy it now.....

OTOH, he's not so much a writer as a law enforcement guy. From his bio on his website (linked above):

John A. Cameron’s Bio
John A. Cameron is a 53 year old retired police detective from Great Falls, Montana. His career in law enforcement began in 1979. He retired in 2005 as a sergeant of detectives, working cold cases. He has worked on FBI serial killer task forces, catching ritualistic child cannibal killer, Nathan Bar-Jonah. His cases have been featured on America’s Most Wanted, Dateline NBC, and he helped produce a series known as ‘Most Evil’ on TruTV. In 2010, while working as an analyst for the Montana Board of Pardons and Parole in Deer Lodge Prison, Montana, he was in a position to access information that had been kept secret for 55 years, unraveling the most intelligent serial killer ever.

All that makes me give him at least some benefit of the doubt until I do further exploration. Hard to fathom Edwards is responsible for so many high profile crimes, but stranger things have happened.....

"I'm team whatever freaking happened."

~Michaela on ABC's fabulous "How To Get Away With Murder"

#50    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,810 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

View Post2-B, on 09 June 2014 - 04:25 PM, said:

I heard Cameron interviewed on the radio. I'd like to see what evidence he has to offer in his book since he's attempting to link Edwards to a great many more murders than JonBenet's.

That said, on Cameron's website he provides a link to some pages from Edwards' book that are pretty eerie in light of JB's death. One of Edwards' early murders was the 1946 killing of a six year old named Suzanne Degnan, whom he raped and killed in a basement. In these pages, he describes the origins of "basement sex" in his twisted mind:

http://coldcasecamer...rls-are-for.pdf

Cameron places him in Colorado near Boulder in December 1996, BTW. Interesting enough to at least consider, IMO.

One of the best interviews on C2C in a long, long, long time.
We have a case in Kansas of a missing teen in 1988, that fits so much the profile of Ed Edwards. Some links:

Anyway, I wondered if a local missing teen might be one of those hidden murders of Edwards'.
It happened in Leavenworth county. Wondering if Leach's dad worked at Lansing or Leavenworth prisons, prior to Edwards' release. The Leach body has never been found, and the family is still looking.

Here is a copy and paste from Lawrence Journal World, upon very brief search: June 7, 1990
Leach began circulating the petitions in early May, asking people to show their support for a continued investigation into the case of Randy Leach, who vanished more than two years ago. Randy, a Linwood High School senior at the time, was last seen about 2 a.m. April 16, 1988, at a rural Linwood graduation party. Neither Randy nor the family car, a 1985 gray Dodge 400, have not been seen since.

Leach repeatedly has expressed his disappointment in the local investigation, but Leavenworth County officials have stood by their efforts to solve Randy's case.

This family has had little peace for almost two decades.

http://www2.ljworld....ing_leach_case/

http://coldcasecameron.com/buy-book/

I have not read the book. Am wondering if you have and is there a really great link to JB;s murder.

It might be a good idea to start a running thread on Edward Edwards.

Edited by regeneratia, 10 June 2014 - 06:43 PM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#51    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,810 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

If you had heard this fella talk, you would not think he puts out far-fetched information. The words he chooses to use, his brevity of speech, none of it denotes fraud or deception. I will relisten to it, for the third time. But communications indicate mind-set, the words that are used (which go a long way in indicating deception and manipulating charasima) and so on indicate to me that he is not intending to deceive. Maybe there is a C2C episode on it  on youtube. I will look.

Edited by regeneratia, 10 June 2014 - 06:57 PM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema

#52    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 10 June 2014 - 06:47 PM, said:

If you had heard this fella talk, you would not think he puts out far-fetched information. The words he chooses to use, his brevity of speech, none of it denotes fraud or deception. I will relisten to it, for the third time. But communications indicate mind-set, the words that are used (which go a long way in indicating deception and manipulating charasima) and so on indicate to me that he is not intending to deceive. Maybe there is a C2C episode on it  on youtube. I will look.

The trouble is as one reviewer  pointed out on Amazon.Edwards would've been 13 when he committed the Black Dahlia murder,that is totally ridiculous.He would've been 5 when he killed his mother.He went from shootings to stabbings,to rape mutilation,strangulation to mafia style hits,leaving corpses in the open,hiding bodies,killing indoors and outdoors.There simply is no pattern that ties the majority of these murders together.I bet if Gary Ridgeway hadn't been caught the author would've blamed Edwards for the Green River Killings

#53    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

View Postmbrn30000, on 09 June 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

I had not heard of Mr. Cameron.  I did a quick search and it seems he has linked edwards to a handful of infamous cases which casts doubt for me on his sincerity.  I do think they entered the unknow males DNA in the FBI's CODIS so i would hope Edward's DNA has already been compared.  But he tries to argue Chandra Levy and such and I think someone already is doing time for that.  I would be curious of how he knows Edwards was in Boulder but not curious enough to buy his book.  But you are right, Edwards should be compared to a lot of cases, since he was clearly a serial killer who traveled alot.

So you are assuming that the legal system always gets the RIGHT man when it comes to murder? I just cannot make that assumption, not in today's world when looking back on older crimes.
Lots of questions remain about that trial: http://en.wikipedia....e_prime_suspect

Professor Hilton Hotema

#54    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:38 PM

View Postdr no, on 10 June 2014 - 07:05 PM, said:

The trouble is as one reviewer  pointed out on Amazon.Edwards would've been 13 when he committed the Black Dahlia murder,that is totally ridiculous.He would've been 5 when he killed his mother.He went from shootings to stabbings,to rape mutilation,strangulation to mafia style hits,leaving corpses in the open,hiding bodies,killing indoors and outdoors.There simply is no pattern that ties the majority of these murders together.I bet if Gary Ridgeway hadn't been caught the author would've blamed Edwards for the Green River Killings

Yes, obviously he did not listen to the interview nor read the book. That point has an answer. Read the book or listen to the interview.

It is answered in the book and in the interview. And probably on his website, with the time-line. Start there.

Edited by regeneratia, 10 June 2014 - 07:40 PM.

Professor Hilton Hotema

#55    regi

regi

Government Agent

• 3,512 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:29 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 10 June 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

Here is a copy and paste from Lawrence Journal World, upon very brief search: June 7, 1990
Leach began circulating the petitions in early May, asking people to show their support for a continued investigation into the case of Randy Leach, who vanished more than two years ago. Randy, a Linwood High School senior at the time, was last seen about 2 a.m. April 16, 1988, at a rural Linwood graduation party. Neither Randy nor the family car, a 1985 gray Dodge 400, have not been seen since.

You know, the drought has helped solve several missing person's cases- and at least one I know of believed to be homicide- where people were missing with their vehicles.

#56    mbrn30000

mbrn30000

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 10 June 2014 - 07:08 PM, said:

So you are assuming that the legal system always gets the RIGHT man when it comes to murder? I just cannot make that assumption, not in today's world when looking back on older crimes.
Lots of questions remain about that trial: http://en.wikipedia....e_prime_suspect
No I know the legal system screws up.  But I am not a sucker for snake oil salesmen.  This guy is making things up to sell books.  THese cases are not related.  He made a list of famous crimes to get people to buy his book.  Sorry but PT Barnum was absolutely right.

#57    mbrn30000

mbrn30000

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:34 PM

View Postregi, on 10 June 2014 - 09:29 PM, said:

You know, the drought has helped solve several missing person's cases- and at least one I know of believed to be homicide- where people were missing with their vehicles.

Since I have lived in florida there have been several cases, not necessarily old cases,  but a few where cars are found in ponds after an accident.  The people are found dead underwater and in some cases years later.  Of course recently there have been cases in other states as well.  Really makes you wonder, doesn't it?

#58    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:02 PM

View Postmbrn30000, on 10 June 2014 - 09:31 PM, said:

No I know the legal system screws up.  But I am not a sucker for snake oil salesmen.  This guy is making things up to sell books.  THese cases are not related.  He made a list of famous crimes to get people to buy his book.  Sorry but PT Barnum was absolutely right.

I don't think this is about selling books. Writing books doesn't bring enough money in these days to matter. This is about a police detective wanting to get to the bottom of a case, which led to another case, which led to another case, which led to another case and ....

They may be related. Have you read the book? Have you listened to the interview? Many of the things he mentions fit right into JBs murder. Not just on this clip.

So PT Barnum nailed you?
I personally think that dismissiveness can sometimes be a psychological disease, just like I think that subjective, uninformed skepticism can be. It is far wiser to simply not take a position on things until all is ironed  out, which could take years.

All is possible.

Edited by regeneratia, 10 June 2014 - 10:08 PM.

Professor Hilton Hotema

#59    regi

regi

Government Agent

• 3,512 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:15 PM

View Postmbrn30000, on 10 June 2014 - 09:34 PM, said:

Since I have lived in florida there have been several cases, not necessarily old cases,  but a few where cars are found in ponds after an accident.  The people are found dead underwater and in some cases years later.  Of course recently there have been cases in other states as well.  Really makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Oh, heck yeah, it does! And yeah, the cases I'm thinking of are at least decades old, but it always blows my mind. I mean, very often, they 'right there', you know?!
Well, I for one have learned enough from those cases so that it's the first thing I consider when a person's gone missing with their vehicle...I say "check the freakin' bodies of water!...And make it thorough!
Here's one case where they weren't thorough and they didn't find the missing person/vehicle until 13 years later, but by chance, not drought.
http://www.plainsman...id=4367&page=72
http://www.plainsman...id=4415&page=72

Edited by regi, 10 June 2014 - 10:17 PM.

#60    mbrn30000

mbrn30000

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:28 PM

View Postregi, on 10 June 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

Oh, heck yeah, it does! And yeah, the cases I'm thinking of are at least decades old, but it always blows my mind. I mean, very often, they 'right there', you know?!
Well, I for one have learned enough from those cases so that it's the first thing I consider when a person's gone missing with their vehicle...I say "check the freakin' bodies of water!...And make it thorough!
Here's one case where they weren't thorough and they didn't find the missing person/vehicle until 13 years later, but by chance, not drought.
http://www.plainsman...id=4367&page=72
http://www.plainsman...id=4415&page=72
Interesting and sad story.

I was thinking of these two stories...one on the national news http://www.dailymail...etons-lake.html
and one from my local news...
http://nsbnews.net/c...-inside?page=51  The story does not explain....but apparently she may have made the error herself.  She was suppose to drive less than a mile to her work and ended up across the street from her apt complex.  I think she got confused.  That was from later stories on this sad case.

I also remember a story I think from unsolved mysteries tv show where a man was killed by friends then put in his van and pushed into some water.  Nobody knew what happened for like 20 years.  Then they found the van and his bones.  THe brothers who killed him confessed but to less than murder.  I think some form of manslaughter.  Can't find the story online.  Not sure it was that tv show but pretty sure.  Well anyway....when someone disappears, they might be very close and under our nose or at least water.  Probably many secrets there.

Edited by mbrn30000, 10 June 2014 - 10:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users