Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is Islam the religion of peace?

• Please log in to reply
489 replies to this topic

#436    Jor-el

Jor-el

Knight of the Most High God

• 7,936 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:59 PM

View PostXenoFish, on 26 August 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

So who's hands will it be? My own or someone condemning me for being an infidel? Right now I can see no love in the world. No compassion, no heart, all I see is hate, and madness. All is madness.

Be a light unto goodness, preserve justice and equality. Those things cannot be taken from a man, ever.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#437    Alan McDougall

Alan McDougall

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

• The truth is the truth remains the truth no matter what we believe or do not believe the truth is the truth What then is the source of absolute truth?

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:51 AM

View PostXenoFish, on 26 August 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

I could honestly careless. Right now I'd welcome death.

Why are you not well?

View PostJor-el, on 26 August 2014 - 04:59 PM, said:

Be a light unto goodness, preserve justice and equality. Those things cannot be taken from a man, ever.

Yes they can!

My quote, "The truth is the truth remains the truth no matter what we believe or do not believe even in total ignorance the truth is the truth!  What is absolute Truth?  What is the source of absolute truth  What is the source of life
Let the unknown become known.
We must know what we do not know (And admit it)
Regards Alan

#438    Alan McDougall

Alan McDougall

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

• The truth is the truth remains the truth no matter what we believe or do not believe the truth is the truth What then is the source of absolute truth?

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:02 AM

Have a look at this those that live in the US?

http://www.ruthfully...robert-spencer/

The Grim Reaper does not make appointments.

We all suffer from a disease that has a 100% fatality rate, it is called life.

Death can be the next caller.

Edited by Alan McDougall, 27 August 2014 - 04:19 AM.

My quote, "The truth is the truth remains the truth no matter what we believe or do not believe even in total ignorance the truth is the truth!  What is absolute Truth?  What is the source of absolute truth  What is the source of life
Regards Alan

#439    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,936 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:37 AM

View PostAlan McDougall, on 27 August 2014 - 03:51 AM, said:

Yes they can!

They cannot be taken from within you. Your life can be taken but no-one can take from within you what you choose to preserve within yourself.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#440    dest

dest

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

View PostJor-el, on 23 August 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

The problem is much wider than that I'm afraid although most people will tend to fight that conclusion. I have posted a number of news articles, testimonies and even statements that demonstrate that extremism or Islamism as others call it are actually spreading. When a local Imam fighting for womens rights is threatened with a Fatwa (death sentence) if he does not change his tune, That non-Muslim women in a neighborhood are threatened with rape and other things if they don't start wearing veils, that local non-Muslim girls are constantly harassed for sex.

Tell me how is it that these extremists, who are so few as to be a minority that does not represent true Islam, can be so active in so many places? Doing so many different things that coerce local non-Muslim populations in so many different European countries, all of whom have a significant Islamic minority.

What it means for those out there who haven't got it yet.... that it is not a minority that we are talking about, it is a significant portion of the Islamic population doing these things and believing these things. The attitudes of disrespect to us and our nations is clear, we are kaffirs after all.

Jor-el, there are always positive and negative sides of everything and I take back the thing about Islam being peaceful though not fully. Also I still want to know what can be done about these kinds of things and this is not only a question for you but everyone discussing this topic and the reason I am asking for this is because these statements and proofs are kind of the ones Anders Breivik made in his manifesto which I studied in psychology and I really want to know if violence is the only option people find.

#441    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,936 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:34 AM

View Postdest, on 27 August 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

Jor-el, there are always positive and negative sides of everything and I take back the thing about Islam being peaceful though not fully. Also I still want to know what can be done about these kinds of things and this is not only a question for you but everyone discussing this topic and the reason I am asking for this is because these statements and proofs are kind of the ones Anders Breivik made in his manifesto which I studied in psychology and I really want to know if violence is the only option people find.

Islam as a simple religion is peaceful, the problem is the line that takes one to extremism, that line can easily be recognized: the willingness of the person to introduce Sharia Law to the legal system and state of wherever they live.

So that is what countries should be on the lookout for, and if these people are immigrants then the answer is to send them back to wherever they came from. The problem is more complicated when the person doing the campaigning for Sharia law is a citizen of ones own country. Personally Jail time would work as a deterrent up to a point, but after that one needs to consider that not all responses can be peaceful.

Breiviks hate speech against Islam is an excuse, he killed dozens of people most of whom were not even immigrants, nor Muslims. His manifesto speaks out against a lot of things, not only against Islam. but his actions are not coherent with his wording. If he was anti-Islam, why kill mainly those who weren't?

Also the problem is not the Muslim who is a believer but understands that Sharia Law cannot be implemented, that there must be a separation of State and Religion. It is the one who believes that the implementation of Sharia is the will of God, and State and Religion are one and the same thing.

He could have targeted specifically those who he ranted on about, but he choose widespread murder of innocents, most of whom had absolutely nothing to do with the politics he defended in any way.

So no, this is an excuse.

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

#442    Alan McDougall

Alan McDougall

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

View PostJor-el, on 27 August 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

They cannot be taken from within you. Your life can be taken but no-one can take from within you what you choose to preserve within yourself.

Thinking about it more, you are right! :yes:

Regards Alan

#443    Alan McDougall

Alan McDougall

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

http://www.christian...al-society.html

Islamic State terrorists continue to gain power and influence across Iraq. The Muslim extremists have pushed hundred of thousands of Christians out of their homes and many have been killed as a part of their “religious cleansing” efforts. As the terrorists wreak havoc on a formerly largely Christian region, many believe that it is the responsibility of Christians around the globe to unite and defeat the militants.

In a commentary published on Express, Douglas Murray wrote of the horrors that Iraqi Christians are facing.

“Known Christians were visited at their houses - sometimes by IS, sometimes by ordinary Muslims who used to be their neighbours - and given the options that were given to people conquered in the early years of Islam: convert to Islam, live as a second-class citizen or be killed. IS took away the second option, making the choice "convert or die.”

Christianity Today reports that the Islamic State is now giving know Christians one week to decide between converting to Islam or dying for their Christian faith.

Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby said that the level of Christian persecution in Iraq is now “off the scale.” "The international community must document the human rights abuses in northern Iraq so that the perpetrators can later be prosecuted,” he said.

Murray has called on Christians to step up and stand with Iraqi brothers and sisters in crisis. He wrote, “If we are not willing to stop IS then we must let in the Christian refugees who are fleeing. If we do neither then the Christians of Iraq look likely to be martyred in their entirety. This is a crime we cannot allow to continue. IS must not be allowed to win.

Regards Alan

#444    XenoFish

XenoFish

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

• Freedom is an illusion

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:48 PM

Alan you haven't read my OP in the Broken Soul thread I posted.

I consider religion and all it's laws to be an personal things. Consisting of self-responsibility. Just because you might live by a strict code of conduct and religious observances, doesn't give you the right to force people to follow your way of living. You are always responsible for yourself and only yourself in the spiritual sense. What happens between you and god is your business. If god every decided to deal with the unbeliever then it's between them and god. Did any of that make sense?

Edited by XenoFish, 27 August 2014 - 09:50 PM.

Sometimes to kill an idea, you must change it.

#445    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,936 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:51 PM

View PostXenoFish, on 27 August 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:

Alan you haven't read my OP in the Broken Soul thread I posted.

I consider religion and all it's laws to be an personal things. Consisting of self-responsibility. Just because you might live by a strict code of conduct and religious observances, doesn't give you the right to force people to follow your way of living. To press your faith onto them. You are always responsible for yourself and only yourself in the spiritual sense. What happens between you and god is your business.

I would add to that that it wholly permissible to proselytize, as long as the person is willing to hear you, what is wrong is to force and coerce others into acceptance.

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

#446    XenoFish

XenoFish

Psychic Spy

• 1,326 posts

• Freedom is an illusion

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:03 PM

Even if someone is willing to hear you, one should not become angry at them for not agreeing.

#447    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,936 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:10 PM

View PostXenoFish, on 27 August 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

Even if someone is willing to hear you, one should not become angry at them for not agreeing.

Agreed.

The basic principle to uphold and should even be quoted to the person... "Your freedom ends where mine begins".

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

#448    XenoFish

XenoFish

Psychic Spy

• 1,326 posts

• Freedom is an illusion

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

There is another thing to keep in mind. That whatever you give hate to, it has power over you. Makes you apart of it. I do not hate religion, I dislike what it does to some people. Certain individuals can not handle it, to them it's like giving a gun to a psychopath. They go power mad and it destroy's what soul they had. This goes for all religions, not just one.

Yet religion is not the only source of this. Race, nationality, location, political affiliation, etc. All of these can do the same thing.

#449    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,471 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:21 AM

View PostXenoFish, on 25 August 2014 - 10:38 PM, said:

What my problem is that Judaism and Islam are so very similar yet most can't see it. Both are based on the same thing yet different approach. Which Christianity it's easy to see the relation between all various sects. I just wished that good ideas wouldn't go so bad.
http://www.diffen.co...slam_vs_Judaism

Judaism is older while islam is younger.

You might be surprised how many have seen it. I know a few people, including my wife who saw God in a very different light after 911, when they realised they had been praying to the same one, their outlook on religion became jaded.

I look forward to a day when the term "Atheist" is redundant. We do not have Aleprechaunists or Afariyists anymore.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#450    XenoFish

XenoFish

Psychic Spy

• 1,326 posts

• Freedom is an illusion

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

People want to blame God for all the problems of the world and this is not so (yes I'm as guilty of this as well). This world is fully in our hands. Every evil that exist in it, belongs to someones actions. Every kindness does as well. Sometimes things do happen that seem like miracles. Heck might even be minor miracles, but there personal. When people say "Why did God let this happen?" I ask myself. Why did YOU let it happen. Do not simply pray for miracles, make them happen. As I've mentioned before if you want a peaceful world, become a person of peace. Quit praying for it and DO it. Prayer can only do so much. It's just like the difference between thought and action. Thoughts can only do so much, it's when they become actions, that's when change occurs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users