Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Smartphones creating Zombie Apocalypse?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,222 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:54 PM

Uh Oh...perhaps we shouldn't be afraid of bio-engineered viruses or chemical contamination turning us into zombies...perhaps we should fear our technology?

http://www.consumera...ies-073113.html

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#2    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

Perhaps this is a subconscious reason i hate to answer a call on my mobile. That, or i really don't like the people calling.

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

#3    MissJatti

MissJatti

SuperNatural

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

• Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:06 PM

technology has already made us zombies.. eg microwaves, cars, elevators and even video games

Posted Image

#4    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,128 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

Posted Image

#5    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,222 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:31 PM

OverSword understands completely! :yes:

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#6    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Lost Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:51 AM

Yes a bunch of zombies... lol

Scary story about being scratched at 5 AM. Real demon attack story!
https://www.youtube....h?v=_Kzw8RRFsMQ

My collection of true and fiction ghost and ouija stories, horror movie reviews etc.
http://ouijaghosts.blogspot.com/

#7    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,811 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:38 PM

Exactly why I haven't got one.

Bloody things, I have lost count of the number of times people have broken away from me mid-conversation to respond to their phones.

At first I just assumed I was boring, then when I saw it happen all over the place I decided I do not want to fall into the phone trap.

So I just ignore people from behind the screen of my laptop instead. ;)

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#8    Winter Summer

Winter Summer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 203 posts

• You're not where you left yourself.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:04 PM

The text msg about 'my cute little red shoes that match my outfit perfectly' trumps conversation with the real people you're dining with.

edited to add  *eye roll*

Edited by Winter Summer, 12 June 2014 - 02:09 PM.

Silence often says much more
Than trying to say what's been said before.

#9    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,128 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:08 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 12 June 2014 - 01:38 PM, said:

Exactly why I haven't got one.

Bloody things, I have lost count of the number of times people have broken away from me mid-conversation to respond to their phones.

At first I just assumed I was boring, then when I saw it happen all over the place I decided I do not want to fall into the phone trap.

So I just ignore people from behind the screen of my laptop instead. ;)
You don't even own one?  Impressive.  The real damage that cell phones (mobiles) have done is they've made every one extremely impatient.  Especially those too young to remember when your phone was in your home attached to the wall and when you weren't home people just had to wait until you were to speak with you.

#10    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:19 PM

Hmm, the article devotes most the content on cell phone distractions and obsessions, and only one small paragraph on the dangers of microwave radiation. Personally, I would be more worried about a continuous microwave transmitter millimeters away from my brain.

#11    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,811 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

View PostOverSword, on 12 June 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

You don't even own one?  Impressive.  The real damage that cell phones (mobiles) have done is they've made every one extremely impatient.  Especially those too young to remember when your phone was in your home attached to the wall and when you weren't home people just had to wait until you were to speak with you.

I have had them in the past. the last time was about 3 years ago. It got stolen from my car, while deciding what replacement to get I found I didn't really need one.

I get the odd mishap every now and then, like turning up for football when its been cancelled, and people moaning that its hard to get in touch with me but apart from that life is more peaceful.

I also love it when interacting with retail staff etc who ask for a mobile number with personal details, they never believe me when I tell them I have no mobile phone.

Edited by Junior Chubb, 12 June 2014 - 04:45 PM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#12    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,128 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:48 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 12 June 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

I have had them in the past. the last time was about 3 years ago. It got stolen from my car, while deciding what replacement to get I found I didn't really need one.

I get the odd mishap every now and then, like turning up for football when its been cancelled, and people moaning that its hard to get in touch with me but apart from that life is more peaceful.

I also love it when interacting with retail staff etc who ask for a mobile number with personal details, they never believe me when I tell them I have no mobile phone.
Exactly that part about the people moaning.  That's the part that bothers me.  Impatient.

#13    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

I so very much agree with the gist of that article!

It is fascinating human behavior to observe, though somehow a bit depressing.

It is easy to believe that the brain develops differently somehow, when exposed to computers at such a young age.  Can't help but wonder about the trajectory of the human race with this influence.

Brave New World?

#14    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:22 PM

View PostOverSword, on 12 June 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

My main phone is still a landline in my home, but of course a cell phone is necessary for business purposes.  I still have a flip phone, not a smart phone.  Lately, it has become a conversation starter, almost a chick magnet. :tu:

#15    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,784 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

As a twenty one year old with a smart phone (and a cache of other devices), I really hope this isn't some broad generalization here. Some of us do do actually appreciate having the sum of human knowledge at our finger tips (and we can actually retain that knowledge, thank you!) and can take the time to appreciate the finer things in life as well.

Granted we still have a weakness for cat videos....

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users