Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Where do all the UFO's go

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1    Philt

Philt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:52 AM

Hi all,

Every time I watch TV shows on UFO's I see people who claim to have seen football field size UFO's at night I wonder to myself where do they go during the day. Are they hanging around Planet Earth out in space? And if so with all the telescopes and radar dishes etc pointed skyward surely someone would see something.

Does anyone else wonder this or is it just me.

Ta

Phil

#2    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:01 AM

You are not alone

Many claimants say UFO's are real - they have been tracked by RADAR!!

Which is true, but not one single UFO tracked by RADAR ever, has been tracked leaving for, or coming from space. They go across the earth on very terrestrial trajectories, which means they originate here, and stay here, they do not go into space.

Which seems to be something of a prerequisite for a spaceship I would have thought, as such, UFO's do not even seem to be related to space at all.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#3    Philt

Philt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:05 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 June 2014 - 05:01 AM, said:

You are not alone

Many claimants say UFO's are real - they have been tracked by RADAR!!

Which is true, but not one single UFO tracked by RADAR ever, has been tracked leaving for, or coming from space. They go across the earth on very terrestrial trajectories, which means they originate here, and stay here, they do not go into space.

Which seems to be something of a prerequisite for a spaceship I would have thought, as such, UFO's do not even seem to be related to space at all.

I am really happy I'm not the only one thinking this.

So really if I go wondering in the bush in the blue mountains (as I do) I may have the same chance coming across a UFO hidden in a cave as I do of seeing a Yowie (or even Rex Gilroy maybe).

Edited by Philt, 12 June 2014 - 05:05 AM.

#4    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:19 AM

View PostPhilt, on 12 June 2014 - 05:05 AM, said:

I am really happy I'm not the only one thinking this.

It's a valid thought. We saw a UFO posted here a short time ago about a Gold Coast UFO, which happened to hide when coppers came near it, yet the Gold Coast is a concrete jungle with nowhere to hide - conclusion? RC Quadcopter with lights on it. When the Police Chopper came close, - the operators simply turned the lights off.

They have to go somewhere. Even when there is no place to go, which often leads us to a realistic answer.

View PostPhilt, on 12 June 2014 - 05:05 AM, said:

So really if I go wondering in the bush in the blue mountains (as I do) I may have the same chance coming across a UFO hidden in a cave as I do of seeing a Yowie (or even Rex Gilroy maybe).

You might get unlucky and stumble upon Rex - he will probably try to sell you one of his books or something. But the best place to see a UFO in Australia would be Biloela. Min Mins are quite regular there I am led to believe.
A Yowie would be neat, but our climate pretty much prohibits a huge hairy primate of those proportions.

Edited by psyche101, 12 June 2014 - 05:20 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#5    Philt

Philt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:33 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 June 2014 - 05:19 AM, said:

It's a valid thought. We saw a UFO posted here a short time ago about a Gold Coast UFO, which happened to hide when coppers came near it, yet the Gold Coast is a concrete jungle with nowhere to hide - conclusion? RC Quadcopter with lights on it. When the Police Chopper came close, - the operators simply turned the lights off.

They have to go somewhere. Even when there is no place to go, which often leads us to a realistic answer.

You might get unlucky and stumble upon Rex - he will probably try to sell you one of his books or something. But the best place to see a UFO in Australia would be Biloela. Min Mins are quite regular there I am led to believe.
A Yowie would be neat, but our climate pretty much prohibits a huge hairy primate of those proportions.

I think there is a song released about the MIn Min lights. Some of the stories from that area are very intriguing.

Sadly I think old Rexy boy selling me a book or a Yowie foot casting is about the only thing I'll ever see up this way.

Edited by Philt, 12 June 2014 - 05:35 AM.

#6    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

Government Agent

• 3,428 posts

• ", because in most cases men willingly believe what they wish."-Julius Caesar 'De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18'

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:18 AM

If you have the tech to reach our Sun from even the nearest Star within reasonable time frames?Then that same tech can take you anyplace, anywhere, and any time.

High technology places no limits on size, distance, or when.

Just think that 3-5% of reports could be Aliens from a billion lightyears away, or us a billion years from the future.

Edited by davros of skaro, 12 June 2014 - 06:24 AM.

Posted Image
Three lectures...View and share.
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MzrIHdN9O7M <-- "Ten Lies About Jesus"
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MclBbZUFSag <-- "Gospels=Myth Making"
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "The Mythical Jesus"

#7    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:47 AM

View PostPhilt, on 12 June 2014 - 05:33 AM, said:

I think there is a song released about the MIn Min lights. Some of the stories from that area are very intriguing.

Sadly I think old Rexy boy selling me a book or a Yowie foot casting is about the only thing I'll ever see up this way.

I didn't know that - I will have to look that song up cheers!!

I would say you are right - watch out for the NT times if you are up North too - they say their Alien headlines are "clearly" tongue in cheek....... LINK

#8    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:49 AM

View Postdavros of skaro, on 12 June 2014 - 06:18 AM, said:

If you have the tech to reach our Sun from even the nearest Star within reasonable time frames?Then that same tech can take you anyplace, anywhere, and any time.

High technology places no limits on size, distance, or when.

Just think that 3-5% of reports could be Aliens from a billion lightyears away, or us a billion years from the future.

I have no idea how you come to that conclusion - what do you mean by "a reasonable time frame" we have the technology to reach the closest stars in about 50 years time, that in no way gives us access to the rest of the Galaxy, let alone the Universe.

#9    _Only

_Only

• 6,633 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:30 AM

'Space' has always been the obligatory assumption where UFO's, or anything that could possibly be considered 'alien', come from. I think I see that as a sort of limited view on what alien origin could potentially be, and that there could be an unbelievably further span of all that is, where 'outer space' is hardly 'out there'. If a sea monkey (my favorite South Park based analogy) looks out of the glass in the room where his bowl sits, he can only see as far as sea-monkenly possible, and assumes that 'outer space' is but a carpeted 1 bed box with a blue squared hole on one side of the wall. He can't really know much more, but it's a limited assumption. Now take that idea, and give it more dimensions and potential 'outside the box' potentials relating to reality, and 'alien' becomes a much less defined, but exciting, concept.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#10    ufoscan

ufoscan

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:05 AM

View PostPhilt, on 12 June 2014 - 04:52 AM, said:

Every time I watch TV shows on UFO's I see people who claim to have seen football field size UFO's at night I wonder to myself where do they go during the day.

They are still there.  UFOs are observed during the day as well.  But also, they probably have a stealth technology far advanced over our own (if they are space ships, of course...)  They are often described as disappearing.

Are they hanging around Planet Earth out in space? And if so with all the telescopes and radar dishes etc pointed skyward surely someone would see something.

Not if they are invisible to our eyes and our instruments...

#11    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,767 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:18 AM

The Pub.
They go to the Pub.

It's why they crash all the time too, they're not used to Guinness.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#12    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,172 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:56 AM

Hi all,

Every time I watch TV shows on UFO's I see people who claim to have seen football field size UFO's at night I wonder to myself where do they go during the day. Are they hanging around Planet Earth out in space? And if so with all the telescopes and radar dishes etc pointed skyward surely someone would see something.

Just a note here: A ufo the size of a footie field sounds huge right?  And yes its pretty big, but not much bigger than our own commercial jets

"The length of a football pitch must be between 100 yards (90m) and 130 yards (120m) and the width not less than 50 yards (45m) and not more than 100 yards (90m).

Now a 747... is - Length: 71 m, and Wing span: 64 m... so, that's just putting things in a size perspective

Where do they go? The same place witches, spooks and ghosts go, those are also mainly seen at night!

Edited by seeder, 12 June 2014 - 09:00 AM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#13    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

Government Agent

• 3,428 posts

• ", because in most cases men willingly believe what they wish."-Julius Caesar 'De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18'

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:09 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 June 2014 - 06:49 AM, said:

I have no idea how you come to that conclusion - what do you mean by "a reasonable time frame" we have the technology to reach the closest stars in about 50 years time, that in no way gives us access to the rest of the Galaxy, let alone the Universe.

14 billion lightyears in 5 minutes is reasonable to me.

Posted Image
Three lectures...View and share.
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MzrIHdN9O7M <-- "Ten Lies About Jesus"
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MclBbZUFSag <-- "Gospels=Myth Making"
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "The Mythical Jesus"

#14    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

There has been an awakening

• 5,266 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:26 AM

They either go into the sea, a base on the moon, Area 51, back to the mother-ship or they just go home.

That should cover all bases...

Edit:   Oh one more, back to their base ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb, 12 June 2014 - 09:29 AM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#15    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,486 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:32 AM

Its a good question honestly. I had a close encounter with something, I wondered at the time if the USAF could see this thing that was scaring the hell out of me? I live about 55 miles away from the most powerful and sophisicaticed RADAR on Earth. But it stayed so low (less than 50 feet) they could have never seen it.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users