Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

13 airlines mysteriously vanish from radars

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,213 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:11 AM

Investigation under way after 13 airlines mysteriously vanish from radars in Europe for 25 MINUTES in 'unprecedented' incident

The incidents on June 5 and Tuesday saw flight data disappear
A total of 13 planes suddenly vanished on two occasions

A total of 13 aircraft suddenly vanished off radars for about 25 minutes on two occasions while flying over Austria, figures have revealed.

It what is being billed as 'unprecedented', the incidents on June 5 and Tuesday saw the flight data disappear from air controller screens in several countries.

Austria's flight safety organisation said the height, location and other information for a total of 13 aircraft suddenly vanished.

He added that other unnamed neighboring countries had similar incidents and the EU's Eurocontrol, and European Aviation Safety Agency has been asked for a probe.

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz34VqYHUpx

ETA: Alt source:

http://rt.com/news/1...adfars-austria/

Edited by seeder, 13 June 2014 - 11:06 AM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,213 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:23 AM

Was it Hackers? Russian military devices being tested? Or the US for that matter? Terrorists?

The CT's shall begin. Then the UFO crowd !  This may be fun!

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#3    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 6,232 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:52 AM

The fact that it did not affect the military systems, seems to indicate the civilian data processing system experienced a 'glitch'... And since (apparently) Austrialia uses the same system
as Europe does, they experienced the same type 'glitch' (if I understood the translation correctly)...  The US has it's own ATC system, and to the best of my knowledge we have
experienced no such large scale problems like this - so I would first look to the software for a solution...

#4    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,213 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:05 AM

View PostTaun, on 13 June 2014 - 10:52 AM, said:

The fact that it did not affect the military systems, seems to indicate the civilian data processing system experienced a 'glitch'... And since (apparently) Austrialia uses the same system
as Europe does, they experienced the same type 'glitch' (if I understood the translation correctly)...  The US has it's own ATC system, and to the best of my knowledge we have
experienced no such large scale problems like this - so I would first look to the software for a solution...

Its AUSTRIA,  not Australia as the DM article suggested

eta: DM have since corrected their error

Edited by seeder, 13 June 2014 - 11:08 AM.

#5    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 3,964 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:21 PM

Test balloon for a terrorist act? As the option is given that a jammer was in use I would like to know if such
a device, and with such wide range power, a.) can be build by persons having skills in electronics/radar
technology, b.) is available on the global black market for military devices, c.) can be carried and operated plug+play
in small privat/rental aircrafts or helicopters. If a or b yes and c yes it should be investigated if the begin and the
end of the blackout matches airborne/touchdown time records/time frames of privat/rental aircrafts or helicopters
in the area and around it, with further investigations to follow.

Edited by toast, 13 June 2014 - 12:24 PM.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#6    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,213 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:29 PM

View Posttoast, on 13 June 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

Test balloon for a terrorist act? As the option is given that a jammer was in use I would like to know if such
a device, and with such wide range power, a.) can be build by persons having skills in electronics/radar
technology, b.) is available on the global black market for military devices, c.) can be carried and operated plug+play
in small privat/rental aircrafts or helicopters. If a or b yes and c yes it should be investigated if the begin and the
end of the blackout matches airborne/touchdown time records/time frames of privat/rental aircrafts or helicopters
in the area and around it, with further investigations to follow.

Well the rather poor goggle translation of the site did say:  Such a large-scale disturbance could take place only via satellite. In feature only the U.S., Russia, China and India. What interests should they have to produced such uncertainty? Or succeeded terrorist hackers to penetrate the ground-based data traffic of the air traffic control?

http://kurier.at/chr...rung/69.912.159

By Satellite?  That sounds bizarre. Im banking on more earthly explanations

Edited by seeder, 13 June 2014 - 12:30 PM.

#7    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 3,964 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

View Postseeder, on 13 June 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

Well the rather poor goggle translation of the site did say:  
It´s in German so no problem.
Here the complete context:
Hearsays from the secret service environment speculate, that ......... such a large-scale disturbance could take place only via
satellite. In feature only the U.S., Russia, China and India. What interests should they have to produced such uncertainty?
Or succeeded terrorist hackers to penetrate the ground-based data traffic of the air traffic control?

View Postseeder, on 13 June 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

By Satellite?  That sounds bizarre. Im banking on more earthly explanations
Yeah I would exclude satellite strike also as the area of the black out is not such large. Distances from Vienna: Bratislava 50km,
Prague 250km. Karlsruhe 590km, Munich 350km. BTW, the Alps are parallel to the track Vienna-Munich in a distance of
just approx 50km so I think a ground based jammer placed somewhere in the Alps would be an option as well. (CT!!!!!!!)

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#8    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,246 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

The Telegraph said:

As many as 13 planes flying over Europe vanish from radar screens in an "unprecedented" series of blackouts that lasted 25 minutes with claims air traffic control could have been hacked

An air-safety investigation has been launched after 13 planes flying over Europe disappeared from radar screens in two "unprecedented" blackouts, leading to reports stating air traffic control systems had been hacked.

The aircraft went missing from screens across the region in early June, leaving air traffic controllers with no information about their position, direction and height – instead relying on voice communication alone

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#9    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Convoi exceptionnel

• 26,022 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

* Notice nothing ever goes wrong or breaks down anymore, it must always have been Hacked. :rolleyes:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#10    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:11 PM

They are not called the Daily Fail for nothing.....

#11    Itchy-Brain

Itchy-Brain

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:29 PM

Could be related to these things...  http://www.ibtimes.c...h-photo-1597382 ...the dates may or may not match up, but, they've been happening quite a lot in the last few years...cyclical or not....or could be them damn gremlins :/  Most likely it'll be attributed to cruddy circuitry, maybe a hacker group or a terrorist or two ;)

#12    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,921 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:24 AM

Probably it was simply a man made system reflecting it's maker :)  But if it IS a device or a string of code then it would be a PERFECT way to insert a commercial cruise missile (say a 777?) into a busy sky too quick for identification before it hit it's target.  Israel effected a much larger distance for civilian aircraft to be id'd before they are given permission to approach since that 777 disappeared.  Paranoia?  Maybe, maybe not.  With them it's better safe than sorry.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#13    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

BigFoot Whisperer

• 3,245 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

View Postseeder, on 13 June 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

Investigation under way after 13 airlines mysteriously vanish from radars in Europe for 25 MINUTES in 'unprecedented' incident

The incidents on June 5 and Tuesday saw flight data disappear
A total of 13 planes suddenly vanished on two occasions

A total of 13 aircraft suddenly vanished off radars for about 25 minutes on two occasions while flying over Austria, figures have revealed.

It what is being billed as 'unprecedented', the incidents on June 5 and Tuesday saw the flight data disappear from air controller screens in several countries.

Austria's flight safety organisation said the height, location and other information for a total of 13 aircraft suddenly vanished.

He added that other unnamed neighboring countries had similar incidents and the EU's Eurocontrol, and European Aviation Safety Agency has been asked for a probe.

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz34VqYHUpx

ETA: Alt source:

http://rt.com/news/1...adfars-austria/

That is incredibly strange. thanks for that, Seeder.

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

#14    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,231 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:44 PM

View PostItchy-Brain, on 13 June 2014 - 11:29 PM, said:

Could be related to these things...  http://www.ibtimes.c...h-photo-1597382 ...the dates may or may not match up, but, they've been happening quite a lot in the last few years...cyclical or not....or could be them damn gremlins :/  Most likely it'll be attributed to cruddy circuitry, maybe a hacker group or a terrorist or two ;)
That was my guess when I first heard about this as well.

#15    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:58 AM

View Postseeder, on 13 June 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

Its AUSTRIA,  not Australia as the DM article suggested

eta: DM have since corrected their error

HHHAAAAA :clap:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users