Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Woman gives birth to a lizard

lizard baby gecko birth birthing table pseudocyesis phantom pregnancy debi nubatonis

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,624 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

This midwife probably did not expect to find a baby gecko on the birthing table when she started assisting a mother in labour.

But rather than delivering a healthy newborn baby, she found herself face-to-face with a lizard. Or so she claims.

http://metro.co.uk/2...really-4759613/

Posted Image

#2    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,500 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

She must be Royalty!  An illegitimate child abandoned by her Royal mother or father, I reckon.  (happens all the time, I heard)

#3    Red Moon

Red Moon

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:05 PM

This reminds me of the early series of "V"
Posted Image

There is a mirror universe. Spell "evil" backwards and it's "live". Spell "dog" backwards and it's "god". Spell "rats" backwards and it's "star". But words like "pip", "mum," "dad" and "eye" can't be reversed. They remain the same.

#4    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,763 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:32 PM

Sounds like one kinky night that was not remembered from next morning's hangover.

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#5    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,442 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:31 PM

POPULAR

*Cough* BS *Cough*

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#6    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• 1,359 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

Junior Chubb has been here.. no literally... mating with the mother

Posted Image

#7    ProfessorPurple

ProfessorPurple

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

• To be or not to be?
    What was the question again?

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:44 PM

Jim Morrison was here . . . .

#8    Realm

Realm

• 2,055 posts

• "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:22 AM

So this is where reptilians come from.

Those that mistake my meekness for weakness, suddenly find themselves destroyed.

#9    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,427 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

Remember Men In Black?  This is definitely one of the head lines that Agent K would have checked out.

#10    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 3,176 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:42 PM

Nonsense.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#11    Erowin

Erowin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• This is incredibly silly!

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:33 AM

Either the midwife is in on it or that woman shoved the poor gecko up her cooch

#12    Mac E

Mac E

Mass Confuser

• 2,117 posts

• If you can't convince them, confuse them.

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

Was there a plecenta?  if not, then she wasn't prego.  Hoax indeed.  Although lizard people would be cool.  I'd have one as a slave...I mean pet.

In the beginning there were only probabilities. The universe could only come into existence if someone observed it. It does not matter that the observers turned up several billion years later. The universe exists because we are aware of it.

Martin Rees (1942) Astrophysicist

#13    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,240 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

Its a hoax of course, but then you knew that, right?  :lol:  Dont they do ultrasound scans in Indonesia?

quote:

The news that an Indonesian woman gave birth to a lizard took the digital news forum by storm a few days ago but in all honesty, it is just a hoax - a well fabricated lie.

It was reported that an eight-month pregnant woman - identified as 31-year-old Debi Nubatonis - delivered a gecko with the help of a midwife, in the remote village of Oenunto, Indonesia.  The outlandish birth caught the imagination of readers the world over but medical experts are now calling it an elaborate hoax. In the meantime, the Indonesian research have also launched an investigation into the matter.

Reports claim that local villagers in Oenunto are outraged with the birth and angry at the woman. Reports suggest the angry villagers want to publicly lynch the woman for giving birth to a gecko. Nubatois is understood to have gone into labour during her eighth month of pregnancy at her home in Kupang, with the assistance of midwife Josephine Lydia Hellen Wadu.

The incident has gained wide publicity both in Indonesia and other countries. The midwife reportedly informed Indonesian news site Kompas that instead of a baby, a lizard - coated in mucus and blood - slithered out of the birth canal of the expectant mother.

A senior Indonesian government medical officer also raised his suspicion on the authenticity of the birth, during a press conference.

"Basically there's something not right here. We are looking into whether this was intentional or not. Clearly the womb must have been empty and this is what's known as pseudocyesis," said Messe Ataupah, Chief Medical Officer of the region, the local news source reported.  Ataupah also stressed that such a birth is medically impossible as lizards belong to the reptile family. The human cells normally contain 23 pairs of chromosomes, which is not the same for reptiles, and hence an inter-breeding is out of question.

It is widely suggested that the incident could be a case of Pseudocyesis, also known as false or phantom pregnancy. It's a rare phenomenon where a woman experiences all the symptoms of pregnancy, without an actual foetus. And the chances are that a lizard that might have landed near the woman during the 'delivery' might have been mistaken to have come from the womb.

The bizarre footage of the lizard being ceremoniously weighed at the local hospital has also gone viral.

http://www.ibtimes.c...se-video-602418

and

http://daily.bhaskar...649121-NOR.html

eta additional source

Edited by seeder, 19 June 2014 - 01:48 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#14    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• 1,698 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

It is funny how all the human bugs, birds, lizards DNA interactions are happening in either Indonesia or Thailand.

Edited by qxcontinuum, 19 June 2014 - 01:46 PM.

#15    maximusnow

maximusnow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

• Science is a road trip and facts are the photos we take on the way, the fuel that propels us is ignorance.

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

This is a dis-order. The most famouse case was of Mary Toft who give birth to her fifteen rabbits. Doctors and witnesses could see them leaping in her womb,
This is a good read.
http://www.damninter...ymother-surrey/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users