Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

U.S.auctioning off nearly $18 mil in bitcoins

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,622 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:55 PM

UPI said:

WASHINGTON, June 13 (UPI) --The government will auction off 30,000 bitcoins, roughly $18 million of the digital currency, according to the U.S. Marshals Service.

The bitcoins were seized when the FBI raided the unofficial headquarters of online black market exchange Silk Road. Before being taken down, Silk Road was known as hub for illegal narcotic sales and other criminal activity. As of Thursday, the 30,000 bitcoins were worth just under $18 million, although their exchange rate has repeatedly fluctuated in value since then.

The bitcoins being auctioned are exclusively from wallet files on Silk Road's servers, and are not part of the bitcoins digitally seized from owner Ross William Ulbricht.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/T.../#ixzz34YSs7mGT

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:08 PM

Wait a minute - SilkRoad was raided?

“These International bankers and Rockefeller-Standard Oil interests control the majority of newspapers and the columns of these newspapers to club into submission or drive out of public office officials who refuse to do the bidding of the powerful corrupt cliques which compose the invisible government.”

- Roosevelt

#3    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,622 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:18 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 13 June 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

Wait a minute - SilkRoad was raided?

So, where have you been the last 6 months?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users