Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Are we really 100% Human?

homo sapienshumans humanoids history

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#1    the.truth.is.out.there.x

the.truth.is.out.there.x

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

• "The Truth Is Out There"
    - The X Files

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:02 AM

Scientific evidence shows that humans existed within the same time frame as neanderthals, and even in the bible, other humanoids were described to have inhabited the earth, so my question is, are we really "human"? If you think about it, since there are so many genetic variations among humans, it is very likely that we could all be mixed with different humanoids. So maybe, we are not as human as we think...

~TrustNoOne~

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,273 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:08 AM

Considering we have been evolving for many years, yes there have been
changes, but the variations you are talking about  is classed as "races".....apart from that, yes we are all humans. And where does this humanoid thing come into it? Too many sci fi films I think.

#3    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:22 AM

Whatever the origins we evolved from we are scientifically classified as the human species, so I am not sure what the point is.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#4    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,241 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:26 AM

Modern humans have Neanderthal DNA: http://news.national...rasian-science/

However, this does not mean modern humans aren't "human". This knowledge simply serves to define what being "human" actually means.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#5    jmccr8

jmccr8

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:42 AM

Hi,

The exchanges that have occurred through genetic exchange with other hominid groups is what makes what we are human.I have in another thread posted many links discussing this very subject and would suggest that rather than me re-posting the information here that you could read through the material in the Decoding Neandertal thread .

jmccr8

#6    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,449 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:06 AM

I know what humans are, but what are " noids "?

Human-Noid

Posted Image

Edited by Sakari, 15 June 2014 - 02:08 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#7    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,159 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:29 AM

POPULAR

View PostLilly, on 15 June 2014 - 01:26 AM, said:

Modern humans have Neanderthal DNA: http://news.national...rasian-science/

However, this does not mean modern humans aren't "human". This knowledge simply serves to define what being "human" actually means.

Just to add to your post Lilly, since all members of the genus Homo are considered human then it makes the OP's question moot. She might as well have asked "are all humans human?".

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#8    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• 1,910 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:50 AM

Maybe the OP is referring to parahumans or chimeras?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parahuman

" Where does yesterday go to? Where does tomorrow come from? Is not the universe the proginetor of space and time? "
                                                                        **Time-machine Universe**
                                                            http://www.unexplain...howtopic=286269

#9    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

"If we would know, then we would be more wisdomed."

• 9,553 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:06 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 15 June 2014 - 01:08 AM, said:

Considering we have been evolving for many years, yes there have been
changes, but the variations you are talking about  is classed as "races".....apart from that, yes we are all humans. And where does this humanoid thing come into it? Too many sci fi films I think.

I don't think any branch of /science/ acknowledges "race": race in that sense is almost purely a social construction, with no genetic reality to back it up. What one group considers a single "race", another group views as two or three.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#10    Nighthawk9653

Nighthawk9653

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 323 posts

• Remember what peace there may be in Silence.

Transit umbra, lux permanet

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:10 AM

Some believe that modern humans are the result of genetic alteration by aliens.

An advanced alien thing takes a monkey, does some weird stuff, and voila, a human.

But, I don't really know :)

Two possibilities exist: Either we are all alone in the universe or we are not.
                                Both are equally terrifying.  -Arthur C. Clark

“Sometimes, I sit alone under the stars and think of the galaxies inside my heart, and truly wonder if anyone will ever want to make sense of all that I am.”
-Testy McTesterson

#11    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:14 AM

There are people who have Neanderthal and Denovisian ancestry. Both of which are more ancient species (or maybe not even that) of humans. Only sub-Saharan Africans (in many cases) show no genetic mixture from ancient races of humans.

As far as I know, any species with the Genus Homo, is (should be) considered human.

If there were people with Alien DNA, or DNA radically different from most average people, in our modern DNA testing societies, we'd already know about it, I would think.

So my answer is YES, we are all 100% human.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#12    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:26 AM

I find it kind of interesting that we call ourselves the human race, because it implies that there are other beings than 'human beings' of the 'mankind' or 'human race'.

I mean, we don't refer to insect beings or the canine race. But if, say, there were Atlantians, Lumanians, etc...

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#13    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,779 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:42 AM

Not race, but species!

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#14    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Pooseycat

• 1,764 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:04 PM

Whatever we are defines "human," so yes, we're human. I seem to recall that geneticists are now finding it possible to differentiate 'race' genetically, so it may be that not all 'types' of humans are the same, but 'human' we all are.

#15    the.truth.is.out.there.x

the.truth.is.out.there.x

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

• "The Truth Is Out There"
    - The X Files

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:15 PM

By humanoids, I was referring to the "Nephelim" that was mentioned in the bible; skepticism aside.

~TrustNoOne~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users