Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Google adds Loch Ness Monster Easter Egg

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

The search giant has taken advantage of the legendary lake monster in its latest map update.

In tribute to the world's best known cryptozoological creature, Google has updated its maps application with new routing information that includes a trip up the enigmatic Scottish lake while riding on the Loch Ness Monster's back.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ster-easter-egg

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Silent Trinity

Silent Trinity

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

• Conspiracy Theorist: Nothing more than a derogatory title used to dismiss a critical thinker

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

Nice little addition to make people go 'ooooh' at the end of what is actually just Google doing its but for the Scottish Tourist Board. It is true that there is an enduring mystery surrounding the Loch, which once you get past the locals floating cardboard cutouts etc, the evidence, or lack thereof, shows 'Nessie' is nothing more than a folklore style myth that has persisted into modern times. Perhaps there is an evolutionary throwback, a Plesiosaur or other creature living in there, if that is the case, I don't think I have seen anything compelling enough to indicate this is anything more than the locals keeping the tourists flocking in to their region. I sound so cynical I know, and I am still open minded on this truly, but I have not seen anything to make me sit up and say 'hang on a minute'...

Posted Image

"That is the essence of science: ask an impertinent question and you are on the way to a pertinent answer..."

- Jacob Bronowski

#3    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,831 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:51 PM

I think what they've done is quite funny.

a trip up the enigmatic Scottish lake while riding on the Loch Ness Monster's back.

Here's a couple of pics of Urquhart Castle taken from a different viewpoint -

Attached File  IMG_1852 (Custom).JPG   131.51K   8 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1790 (Custom).JPG   109.55K   7 downloads

Posted Image

#4    Hammerclaw

Hammerclaw

Far Traveler

• 3,188 posts

• "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:56 AM

The wake of a boat has labeled the monster on google earth. Saw it right off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users