Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Blair unhinged on Iraq says Boris Johnson


  • Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1    bee

bee

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 11,221 posts
  • Joined:24 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

.


https://uk.news.yaho...39.html#MsQaxs0



I was wondering how Blair was sleeping at night with what's going on in Iraq...

Now I know...he is in total denial...surprise surprise..

If he had listened to the public back in 2003 instead of conning parliament and going to war...
Iraq would be a very different place right now.

Hell...if he had asked me I could have told him that 'removing Saddam' would leave a power vacuum
that would quickly be filled by militant Islamic Jihadists...

But oh no...he wouldn't listen to anyone and was determined to take us into war with the US...

A similar Al Qaeda take over is going on in Libya...and I could have told bloody Hague and Cameron as well
that removing Gaddafi would leave a power vacuum that would be filled by Islamic extremists.

Then it was only by a whisker that the military intervention in Syria was halted by a handful of politicians
and a very VERY reluctant public...who are sick of idiotic war mongers.

Rant over... <_<

(for now)

Please feel free to have a rant in this thread if you so wish..


from link..

  

Quote

Taking on critics in an eight-page essay on his website, Mr Blair rejected as "bizarre" claims that Iraq might be more stable today if he had not helped topple Saddam.


WHAT!!!!!



Quote

"Somebody needs to get on to Tony Blair and tell him to put a sock in it, or at least to accept the reality of the disaster he helped to engender.


well said Boris..


.


#2    TSS

TSS

    Observer

  • Closed
  • 5,750 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2008

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:25 AM

We'll never know what might have happened if Saddam was left in place, well we know one thing - people would still be being slaughtered, as it was happening long before the invasion, and continues now.

Leaving a power vacuum at the centre of the worlds most troublesome region though is absolutely criminal. The method of dismantling the entire country and it's armed forces, banning all former military and political figures from the old regime from forming the new government, and thinking you can start from scratch and leave after a decade is absolutely insane - and something he should be answering for in a court of law.


#3    RoofGardener

RoofGardener

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Joined:25 Feb 2014
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK, Midlands

  • Look upon my Plantpots ye mighty, and despair.

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:37 AM

It wasn't just a political power vacuum. We left Iraq without law and order, and with a badly damaged infrastructure.

What if ?

What if, behind the Marines and the Tanks, there had been an Army of translators, Military Police, Civil Engineers, mobile hospitals, power stations, bridges.
What if, once we had conquered, we had then supported, rebuilt, and nurtured.

It could have been SO different :(

Energy is contagious
Enthusiasm spreads
Tides respond to lunar gravitation
Everything turns in synchronous relation

#4    Leonardo

Leonardo

    Awake

  • Member
  • 16,908 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

  • Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:38 AM

Blair unhinged on Iraq says Boris Johnson

Fixed the thread title for you, and the quote for Boris, bee. :tu:

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#5    Sir Smoke aLot

Sir Smoke aLot

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sarajevo, BiH

  • ... man isn't fit to live if he hasn't found something worth dying for...

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 16 June 2014 - 10:25 AM, said:

We'll never know what might have happened if Saddam was left in place, well we know one thing - people would still be being slaughtered, as it was happening long before the invasion, and continues now.

Leaving a power vacuum at the centre of the worlds most troublesome region though is absolutely criminal. The method of dismantling the entire country and it's armed forces, banning all former military and political figures from the old regime from forming the new government, and thinking you can start from scratch and leave after a decade is absolutely insane - and something he should be answering for in a court of law.

U forgot about that guy who demolished Sadam's statue? Do u know what he is saying now?

He said, ' i wish i haven't done that, instead of one Sadam we now have hundreds of them '. And in the article u can find what he say about life before  'new regime'.

Article : http://www.theguardi...ir-sledgehammer

People weren't slaughtered and were safe all over Iraq while Sadam was at power.

[edit] I am afraid about Libya too, as stated in OP. With so many tribes there it was miracle that Gadaffi did establish peace for so long.

Edited by Sir Smoke aLot, 16 June 2014 - 11:27 AM.

...If you’re thinking like everyone else, then you aren’t thinking...

#6    TSS

TSS

    Observer

  • Closed
  • 5,750 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2008

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:29 AM

View PostSir Smoke aLot, on 16 June 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:



U forgot about that guy who demolished Sadam's statue? Do u know what he is saying now?

He said, ' i wish i haven't done that, instead of one Sadam we now have hundreds of them '. And in the article u can find what he say about life before  'new regime'.

Article : http://www.theguardi...ir-sledgehammer

People weren't slaughtered and were safe all over Iraq while Sadam was at power.

No of course people weren't slaughtered under Saddam, everyone in Iraq was safe. Some posts really do not need a reply as they speak louder then any reply ever could. So i'll leave your comment to stand on it's own.


#7    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Closed
  • 8,732 posts
  • Joined:23 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:27North 80West

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

View Postbee, on 16 June 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

.


https://uk.news.yaho...39.html#MsQaxs0



I was wondering how Blair was sleeping at night with what's going on in Iraq...

Now I know...he is in total denial...surprise surprise..

If he had listened to the public back in 2003 instead of conning parliament and going to war...
Iraq would be a very different place right now.

Hell...if he had asked me I could have told him that 'removing Saddam' would leave a power vacuum
that would quickly be filled by militant Islamic Jihadists...

But oh no...he wouldn't listen to anyone and was determined to take us into war with the US...

A similar Al Qaeda take over is going on in Libya...and I could have told bloody Hague and Cameron as well
that removing Gaddafi would leave a power vacuum that would be filled by Islamic extremists.

Then it was only by a whisker that the military intervention in Syria was halted by a handful of politicians
and a very VERY reluctant public...who are sick of idiotic war mongers.

Rant over... <_<

(for now)

Please feel free to have a rant in this thread if you so wish..


from link..

  


WHAT!!!!!






well said Boris..


.

Blair's statements illustrate just how deeply a human can be into denial. :cry:


#8    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 11,921 posts
  • Joined:13 Aug 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Eire

  • Stupid Monkeys.

    Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

And we appointed him to bring peace to the Middle East :tu:  Or did we.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#9    Leonardo

Leonardo

    Awake

  • Member
  • 16,908 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

  • Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:22 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 16 June 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

And we appointed him to bring peace to the Middle East :tu:  Or did we.

Br Cornelius

A graveyard is a very peaceful place.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#10    bee

bee

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 11,221 posts
  • Joined:24 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

View PostSir Smoke aLot, on 16 June 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

U forgot about that guy who demolished Sadam's statue? Do u know what he is saying now?

He said, ' i wish i haven't done that, instead of one Sadam we now have hundreds of them '. And in the article u can find what he say about life before  'new regime'.

Article : http://www.theguardi...ir-sledgehammer

People weren't slaughtered and were safe all over Iraq while Sadam was at power.


I broadly agree with you...

what I think is...that there was a bit of slaughtering and torturing to keep the Al Qaeda types and other Islamic 'tribes'
in their place...and this meant that the majority of Iraqis could lead peaceful lives in a society with law and order,
jobs and education...with the basics that we take for granted...ie electricity, water etc.

Women in particular were much better off under Saddam...

Thanks Tony Mr thinks-he's-above-reproach Blair...for spoiling the freedoms that women had under Saddam.
And when the women suffer...the children suffer..

whoops. slipping into another rant...

Now of course I don't think a bit of slaughtering and torturing is ultimately a good thing...but the reality is that that bit
of slaughtering and torturing stopped the kind of wholsale slaughtering and torturing that we are sadly witnessing today...


Quote

[edit] I am afraid about Libya too, as stated in OP. With so many tribes there it was miracle that Gadaffi did establish peace for so long.

indeed it was...but he was more or less a figure head at the time of the destruction of Libya...
The country was the only Participatory Democracy in the World (think it was the world)
and like everyone else in Libya...Gaddafi had to abide by the decisions of the majority participating
in the decision making...which was kind of everyone who was able...

I an disgusted that Britain helped to destroy Libya....
I had a thread on the go about it at the time and at one point I said something along the lines of..

'It's as if the West has made a deal with AlQaeda that they can have the Middle East if they quit
the terrorism in the West...'........?????

But of course if the Militant Islamists 'have' the Middle East...it will never be enough and the West
would be a target for take over ASAP...

How come our bloody leaders can't figure long-term 'stuff' out......

Even if the great master-plan was to totally destabilize the Middle East and nearby area, so the different factions were
too busy fighting each other...to terrorise the 'West'....one day when the Islamists got their way...the West would
be a target...and the enemy would be much much stronger than they ever were before...

whoops again....I am never far from a rant on this subject...


.

.


#11    Leonardo

Leonardo

    Awake

  • Member
  • 16,908 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

  • Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

View Postbee, on 16 June 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

How come our bloody leaders can't figure long-term 'stuff' out.......

Because the interests of politicians very rarely extends beyond the limit of their current term in office.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#12    Sir Smoke aLot

Sir Smoke aLot

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sarajevo, BiH

  • ... man isn't fit to live if he hasn't found something worth dying for...

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 16 June 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

No of course people weren't slaughtered under Saddam, everyone in Iraq was safe. Some posts really do not need a reply as they speak louder then any reply ever could. So i'll leave your comment to stand on it's own.

But the funny fact is that they were safe indeed. The fact that Sadam was ' threat to the world because of his weapons of mass destruction ' doesn't mean that he was a threat to his own people. And where are those weapons? I believe to the word of people from Iraq, rather then believe in a statement like yours, you said :

'' if Saddam was left in place, well we know one thing - people would still be being slaughtered, as it was happening long before the invasion, and continues now.''

I wrote reply to you because of that. Where were people slaughtered before invasion? Action against Sadam was forced only to protect people of Iraq from being slaughtered?

...If you’re thinking like everyone else, then you aren’t thinking...

#13    TSS

TSS

    Observer

  • Closed
  • 5,750 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2008

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:45 PM

View PostSir Smoke aLot, on 16 June 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:



But the funny fact is that they were safe indeed. The fact that Sadam was ' threat to the world because of his weapons of mass destruction ' doesn't mean that he was a threat to his own people. And where are those weapons? I believe to the word of people from Iraq, rather then believe in a statement like yours, you said :

'' if Saddam was left in place, well we know one thing - people would still be being slaughtered, as it was happening long before the invasion, and continues now.''

I wrote reply to you because of that. Where were people slaughtered before invasion? Action against Sadam was forced only to protect people of Iraq from being slaughtered?

No you have completely mistaken the words "stable" and "functioning" with the word "safe". The former has no direct relation to the latter.


#14    Sir Smoke aLot

Sir Smoke aLot

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sarajevo, BiH

  • ... man isn't fit to live if he hasn't found something worth dying for...

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:51 PM

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 16 June 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

No you have completely mistaken the words "stable" and "functioning" with the word "safe". The former has no direct relation to the latter.

What i have said or understood wrongly and where i have mistaken doesn't change what you have said my friend. There were always problems in Iraq but if we compare safety of ordinary people before invasion and today... Iraq, with over 30 millions of people is in a civil war.

...If you’re thinking like everyone else, then you aren’t thinking...

#15    TSS

TSS

    Observer

  • Closed
  • 5,750 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2008

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:56 PM

View PostSir Smoke aLot, on 16 June 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:



What i have said or understood wrongly and where i have mistaken doesn't change what you have said my friend. There were always problems in Iraq but if we compare safety of ordinary people before invasion and today... Iraq, with over 30 millions of people is in a civil war.

Which is exactly what I said. IE we have no idea of knowing how Iraq would be now if we hadn't invaded. All we do know is people died under Saddam, and continue to die after he's gone. Who is doing the killing is pretty irrelivant to the man about to be executed. The difference between now and then is it was stable on the surface, and functioning, whereas it isn't now, and that is solely the West's fault.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users