Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Okla. Tea Party GOP Candidate on Killing Gays

oklahoma politics religion gays intolerance tea party

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1    Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy

Sandersnista

• 6,621 posts

• "Can't deny you're implacted, in the mayhem in my mind. You got me so frustrated, you should be mine!" - Rebecca Black, Person of Interest

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

Scott Esk, a Republican Tea Party candidate in Oklahoma, got into a debate on Facebook last summer in which he advocated killing homosexuals.
I think we would be totally in the right to do it,” Esk wrote in comments uncovered by Oklahoma journalist Rob Morris. “That goes against some parts of libertarianism, I realize, and I’m largely libertarian, but ignoring as a nation things that are worthy of death is very remiss.”
When pressed, Esk added: "I never said I would author legislation to put homosexuals to death, but I didn’t have a problem with it."
Source: http://www.huffingto..._n_5486678.html

Sometimes my state gets in the news for good things. Some very RARE times. We have a lot of astronauts, I'm proud to note, or at least parts that get made for astronautical needs. So... there's that.

Then... the things we export though... not so positive and forward-thinking. I am officially requesting to be adopted by any more blue-leaning state. I'd like to take the role of a cat, if you want to get one but don't want to mess with a litterbox. I am housebroken, though I do shed.

| Ouija/Ideomotor | Sleep Paralys./Hypnogogia | Ouija: 252 hrs/4yrs

#2    epicdarkness

epicdarkness

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:36 PM

I want to vomit, just disgusting.

#3    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:40 PM

From the article:

"I look forward to applying Biblical principles to Oklahoma Law".

Sharia law - eat your heart out, there's a new kid on the block (or, well an old kid wearing new clothes anyway). :cry: :no:

Edited by libstaK, 18 June 2014 - 12:40 PM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#4    epicdarkness

epicdarkness

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:51 PM

This is why people think America is becoming a third world country. I do not hate Americans, but I can't stand muricans. Seattle,Portland,San fran/Bay area and NY are awesome. But the rest, count me out.

#5    Bama13

Bama13

Poltergeist

• 2,889 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

View Postepicdarkness, on 18 June 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

This is why people think America is becoming a third world country. I do not hate Americans, but I can't stand muricans. Seattle,Portland,San fran/Bay area and NY are awesome. But the rest, count me out.

Duly noted. I will gladly count you out. Good riddance.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#6    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,214 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:06 PM

Don't let the vocal few let you judge the folks in the rest of the country.  These idiots saying these things are outliers and not a true representation of normal folks.

#7    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,141 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

There was someone else from Oklahoma who advocated legalising cannabis based on biblical principles as well recently, wasn't there, which just proves how you really can use it to justifya nything. I think I know which one I'd support.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#8    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,141 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

View PostBama13, on 18 June 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

"if you don't support killing gays based on what it says in the Old Testament, you can just get the goshdarned hell out and move to some liberal commie country???" So now one has to support this to be a patriotic American??

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#9    epicdarkness

epicdarkness

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

View PostBama13, on 18 June 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

You know I actually do care about Americans, no sarcasm intended. Between the rampant homophobia of red states and the constant shootings which dominate it makes the country look awful. Anyone with half a brain knows not all of your are like this, but there is something fundamentally wrong with a place when a 6 year old dies in cold blood and the nra is trying to garner publicity off of it.

#10    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,138 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

Where are you from where you don't have people that say stupid things?  I'm a Seattle native but believe me when I tell you there are people from all over the country (and world) living here including people from OK, and I know from personal experience that there are plenty of good respectful easy going people in OK, such as the man that posted this story probably. List where you're from in your profile if you're not ashamed of being from there.

#11    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,745 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

It always amazes me to what lengths the tea brains go to help the Republicans to loose the next elections....

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#12    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,573 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

I wonder if he thinks those working on Saturday should be put to death..

#13    Perceptivum

Perceptivum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 301 posts

• Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

Is this a true story?  If so, I am deeply troubled and appalled by it.

"Even if you are in a minority of one, the truth is still the truth". - Ghandi

"A conspiracy is a truth awaiting revelation." - Me

#14    epicdarkness

epicdarkness

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:33 PM

View PostOverSword, on 18 June 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

Where are you from where you don't have people that say stupid things?  I'm a Seattle native but believe me when I tell you there are people from all over the country (and world) living here including people from OK, and I know from personal experience that there are plenty of good respectful easy going people in OK, such as the man that posted this story probably. List where you're from in your profile if you're not ashamed of being from there.

People do say stupid things everywhere but certain places are more homophobic than others. And for your information I am originally from Montreal, currently living in Calgary.

#15    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,138 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

View Postepicdarkness, on 18 June 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

People do say stupid things everywhere but certain places are more homophobic than others. And for your information I am originally from Montreal, currently living in Calgary.
Well since your not from Toronto I guess I can't say anything negative about you eh? :D

Also tagged with oklahoma, politics, religion, gays, intolerance, tea party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users