Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A Black Truck Following Close Behind

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    ImmortalSupernaturalAlien

ImmortalSupernaturalAlien

Face Hugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

• Aliens. Aliens everywhere.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:52 PM

Hey Everyone!

Im not sure where to post this thread, but here goes my story.

Around 2011, when I around 18-19, I was living with what is now my ex. We were working the midnight shift part time cleaning The Fillmore Auditorioum (Denver, Colorado, maybe some of you know about it?) from 12am to 4am.
When we were done, I decided to drive us home. And it was very dark still obviously, almost no cars on the road. Suddenly this big black truck with bright headlights starts driving very close behind us and I was telling my ex that this didnt feel right. The truck kept close behind for a good maybe 4 or 5 minutes then it just slowed down amd disappeared into another street.
I did feel a little scared cuz it was still midnight.

Whatever it was I was glad it just left us alone.

Has anybody ever had any similar experiences? Or something even more creepy?

#2    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,819 posts

• "Quickly, I require your fingers."

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:17 PM

Probably just some drunk/drugged up driver or gang member. Maybe if you stopped or yelled at them or anything they would have killed you. Could have been your natural instincts kicking in that let you know that you were in potential danger. Trust your instincts.

“Extraordinary claims require extraoardinary evidence”

~
Carl Sagan

#3    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,873 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:33 PM

Another possibility:
If you were concerned (big black truck) you were probably driving slower than you realize and the other driver was just tailgating. He/she  got mad and eventually turned off after showing you, by following you closely shining his brights, that he was p***ed at your slow driving. Tailgaters can be bullies or not even notice/care they drive like that. The other driver could have meant to turn down the street they disappeared down, anyway.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 18 June 2014 - 05:35 PM.

#4    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,580 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:53 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 18 June 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

Another possibility:
If you were concerned (big black truck) you were probably driving slower than you realize and the other driver was just tailgating. He/she  got mad and eventually turned off after showing you, by following you closely shining his brights, that he was p***ed at your slow driving. Tailgaters can be bullies or not even notice/care they drive like that. The other driver could have meant to turn down the street they disappeared down, anyway.

Not to mention, at that time of morning, it was probably a guy trying to make deliveries and was p***ed you were driving so slow.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#5    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• 1,348 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

tailgating happens a lot in the UK, no matter what time of the day/night,
seems like it was in a rush to get home or somewhere

Edited by ThesillyfunnyguyIDK, 18 June 2014 - 05:58 PM.

Posted Image

#6    CuriousRey

CuriousRey

Jedi Master

• 1,095 posts

• "Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:37 PM

I've had several situations in which I believed a vehicle was following, one time a white van followed my mother and I for close to an hour. When we pulled into our subdivision the van cut off in the other direction, I honestly don't believe they were following us I just think it was coincidence, imagination and paranoia which led me to believe we were actually being followed.

#7    ImmortalSupernaturalAlien

Face Hugger

• 1,324 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 18 June 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

Another possibility:
Nah. I was driving at the speed limit of aproximately 35 or 40 MPH. And there were 2 lanes!! Enough space for the darn driver to drive in.

#8    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,873 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:38 PM

View PostRafterman, on 18 June 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

Not to mention, at that time of morning, it was probably a guy trying to make deliveries and was p***ed you were driving so slow.

We will never know. You could be right. I could be right. We both could be wrong.  It could have been any number of situations, other than something, I believe, the OP may be looking for...

Edited by QuiteContrary, 18 June 2014 - 07:43 PM.

#9    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,873 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

View PostImmortalSupernaturalAlien, on 18 June 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

Nah. I was driving at the speed limit of aproximately 35 or 40 MPH. And there were 2 lanes!! Enough space for the darn driver to drive in.

I don't know from the OP how many lanes there were, who was in what lane and if "you" could have easily passed the OP in less than the 3-4 minutes it took you, and been done with it, Immortal.
That is why I also said you stayed in your lane because you intended to turn off at the street you turned off at anyway. And not even notice you were upsetting or creeping out the driver in front of you with you big bad black truck.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 18 June 2014 - 07:46 PM.

#10    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• 1,644 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:26 PM

Could be worse, I had some jack*** tailgating me last night in a black truck with two LED "light bars" lit up, one on the roof of the truck, one on the grill. It was blinding, looked like the sun coming up behind me. I'm pretty sure doing so is illegal (or should be), but no police around.

Best thing to do (if you can) if you are on a four lane road is just slow down until the tailgater passes you. On a two land road you either have to pull over or speed up and hope they back off. Doubt this was anything paranormal.

#11    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,465 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:56 PM

View PostImmortalSupernaturalAlien, on 18 June 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

Hey Everyone!

Im not sure where to post this thread, but here goes my story.

Around 2011, when I around 18-19, I was living with what is now my ex. We were working the midnight shift part time cleaning The Fillmore Auditorioum (Denver, Colorado, maybe some of you know about it?) from 12am to 4am.
When we were done, I decided to drive us home. And it was very dark still obviously, almost no cars on the road. Suddenly this big black truck with bright headlights starts driving very close behind us and I was telling my ex that this didnt feel right. The truck kept close behind for a good maybe 4 or 5 minutes then it just slowed down amd disappeared into another street.
I did feel a little scared cuz it was still midnight.

Whatever it was I was glad it just left us alone.

Has anybody ever had any similar experiences? Or something even more creepy?
  F.B.I. checking your car and number plate maybe.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#12    ImmortalSupernaturalAlien

Face Hugger

• 1,324 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:37 PM

View PostSundew, on 18 June 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:

Could be worse, I had some jack*** tailgating me last night in a black truck with two LED "light bars" lit up, one on the roof of the truck, one on the grill. It was blinding, looked like the sun coming up behind me. I'm pretty sure doing so is illegal (or should be), but no police around.

Best thing to do (if you can) if you are on a four lane road is just slow down until the tailgater passes you. On a two land road you either have to pull over or speed up and hope they back off. Doubt this was anything paranormal.
I'm not saying that it was something paranormal, but you never know. I remember my ex telling me not to get scared to just keep driving and not drive any faster, though he said it WAS very weird.

#13    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,678 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:13 AM

View PostImmortalSupernaturalAlien, on 18 June 2014 - 10:37 PM, said:

I'm not saying that it was something paranormal, but you never know. I remember my ex telling me not to get scared to just keep driving and not drive any faster, though he said it WAS very weird.
There's no reason to believe it was paranormal.  I have had a similar incident, although the truck was not black.  I was driving home with a friend on a highway and the truck behind me suddenly started behaving erratically, like he was playing with us.  First he drove right up our asses, I sped up at first but so did he, so I went back down to normal speed thinking he would overtake.  He didn't right away, just kept riding our butts, backing off, loudly revving his engine and riding our butts again several times.  We were both starting to get a little panicked.  Then he overtook us and we though "thank god", I even slowed down to make sure he got way ahead and out of our way.  But no, he proceeded back into our lane in front of us and then slowed down, I mean RIGHT DOWN, at least 20kms under the speed limit and counting.  So I changed to the overtaking lane and attempted to pass, he sped right up, I reverted to driving behind him and slowed down to get that distance thing happening again.  He slowed down again, this time as we inevitably got closer he drove his
wheels onto the gravel shoulder and revved, throwing gravel at my windscreen.  I changed back to the overtaking lane and avoided having my windscreen blown out by sheer luck I think.

The only thing that ended our ordeal was that we were approaching a built up area with a shopping strip and lights.  I turned off into a service station and he continued, thankfully.

I never thought it was paranormal, I thought it was an ape brained all night trucker having cheap fun with whoever happened to be available to mess with.  We were so shook up we didn't even get his number plate but we told the service station owner what had happened and he said he would report it to the police who would hopefully respond with some late night patrols of the road to see if he tries it again on someone else (assuming he was travelling a regular route for his co).

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#14    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,618 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:44 AM

I would be driving the speed limit or just above and someone would tailgate me then pass because the limit is too slow for them.
A lot of people drive well past the speed limit.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much skepticism can make you arrogant & egotistical.

#15    Realm

Realm

• 2,046 posts

• "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:27 AM

Just a tailgater.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users