Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Are Human Beings Alien to Planet Earth?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,593 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

Why Are We so Different from the Other Species? Are humans Alien to This Planet?

There are U.F.O sightings and E.T. encounters all over the world every day but despite this fact most of us are still on the fence in regards to whether or not aliens actually do exist. Alien crop circles incessantly appear in farmer’s fields all over the world, especially in England and this ‘could’ be an attempt by aliens to contact us. The evidence is insubstantial as far as we know and therefore not enough to prove the existence of Alien visitors to Earth, however, I have another question I wish to pose: Are Humans Alien? Where do humans come from?

http://www.wakingtim...n-planet-earth/
  • "The article contains information about humans being alien 'n stuff.  The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such."
  • "Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, SP does not represent, warrant, undertake or guarantee ... that the information in the newsletter is correct, accurate, complete or non-misleading."
  • "SP will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage."
  • "If a section of this disclaimer is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other sections of this disclaimer continue in effect."

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#2    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:20 PM

Are humans Alien to This Planet?

Yes only IF there is life on the other planets, and also that we have landed on, and showed ourselves upon that planet
only then they will the right to call us humans ET

Edited by ThesillyfunnyguyIDK, 19 June 2014 - 03:22 PM.

Posted Image

#3    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• 1,450 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:26 PM

Seeing as we share common ancestors with other animals on Earth I would say no,the article seems to be saying all life came from outer space which is a whole different thing.

#4    Noteverythingisaconspiracy

Noteverythingisaconspiracy

Psychic Spy

• 1,279 posts

• "An open mind is like an open door, unless you're careful anything might get in." Sir Wearer of Hats

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

View Postdr no, on 19 June 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

Seeing as we share common ancestors with other animals on Earth I would say no,the article seems to be saying all life came from outer space which is a whole different thing.

Even if life originally came from space (http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Panspermia), I think that after 3,5 billion years on earth, we can call ourself native. :alien:

"People will generally accept fact as truth only if the fact agree with what they already believe"
Andy Rooney

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and im not sure about the former"
Albert Einstein

#5    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,641 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

From the article:

"The same applies to the birth of humanity. Evolved from monkeys? There are doubts about the theory of evolution too".

Now...Humans did not evolve from monkeys. Humans are more closely related to modern apes than to monkeys, but we didn't evolve from apes, either. Humans share a common ancestor with modern African apes, like gorillas and chimpanzees. Scientists believe this common ancestor existed
5 to 8 million years ago. Shortly thereafter, the species diverged into two separate lineages. One of these lineages ultimately evolved into gorillas and chimps, and the other evolved into early human ancestors called hominids.

Having said that, if the author of an article cant get man's evolution right, what other mistakes of thought are in his.her theory?

ETA: heres the common ancestor of apes, monkeys and HUMANS!

Posted Image

Edited by seeder, 19 June 2014 - 03:56 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#6    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,507 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:19 PM

View Postseeder, on 19 June 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

From the article:

"The same applies to the birth of humanity. Evolved from monkeys? There are doubts about the theory of evolution too".

Now...Humans did not evolve from monkeys. Humans are more closely related to modern apes than to monkeys, but we didn't evolve from apes, either. Humans share a common ancestor with modern African apes, like gorillas and chimpanzees. Scientists believe this common ancestor existed
5 to 8 million years ago. Shortly thereafter, the species diverged into two separate lineages. One of these lineages ultimately evolved into gorillas and chimps, and the other evolved into early human ancestors called hominids.

Having said that, if the author of an article cant get man's evolution right, what other mistakes of thought are in his.her theory?

ETA: heres the common ancestor of apes, monkeys and HUMANS!

Posted Image

And if we go back just a little further...

Posted Image

Edited by Slave2Fate, 19 June 2014 - 04:19 PM.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#7    Noteverythingisaconspiracy

Noteverythingisaconspiracy

Psychic Spy

• 1,279 posts

• "An open mind is like an open door, unless you're careful anything might get in." Sir Wearer of Hats

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:28 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 19 June 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

And if we go back just a little further...

Posted Image

Going even further back:
Posted Image

"People will generally accept fact as truth only if the fact agree with what they already believe"
Andy Rooney

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and im not sure about the former"
Albert Einstein

#8    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,101 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:34 PM

We are really not different from all other terrestrial life.  We share genes with every living thing on Earth.  If we are alien so is all other terrestrial life.

#9    Nighthawk9653

Nighthawk9653

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

• Remember what peace there may be in Silence.

Transit umbra, lux permanet

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:59 PM

This is all most the same thought I had a while ago.
It was just an idea that maybe we're the aliens, our planet was going to be destroyed, so some escaped and came to earth, and then we forgot our history.
But then I added it to my 'book idea' list :P

Interesting topic :)

Two possibilities exist: Either we are all alone in the universe or we are not.
                                Both are equally terrifying.  -Arthur C. Clark

“Sometimes, I sit alone under the stars and think of the galaxies inside my heart, and truly wonder if anyone will ever want to make sense of all that I am.”
-Testy McTesterson

#10    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 19 June 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

Why Are We so Different from the Other Species? Are humans Alien to This Planet?

There are U.F.O sightings and E.T. encounters all over the world every day but despite this fact most of us are still on the fence in regards to whether or not aliens actually do exist. Alien crop circles incessantly appear in farmer’s fields all over the world, especially in England and this ‘could’ be an attempt by aliens to contact us. The evidence is insubstantial as far as we know and therefore not enough to prove the existence of Alien visitors to Earth, however, I have another question I wish to pose: Are Humans Alien? Where do humans come from?

http://www.wakingtim...n-planet-earth/
  • "The article contains information about humans being alien 'n stuff.  The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such."
  • "Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, SP does not represent, warrant, undertake or guarantee ... that the information in the newsletter is correct, accurate, complete or non-misleading."
  • "SP will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage."
  • "If a section of this disclaimer is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other sections of this disclaimer continue in effect."

Easy.  The human being is not endemic here.  The bible intimates as much with it's descriptions of interbreeding.  

It explains so very much.

Posted Image

#11    stereologist

stereologist

Government Agent

• 4,039 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:18 PM

The structure of humans shows that we contain the same nerve layout as fish do. We are related to fish. Our links to life on Earth make it abundantly clear we are a part of the life that evolved on Earth.

#12    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,518 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

Lets go through the check list:

Ignorance of basic biology- Check

Ignorance of basic anatomy- Check

Ignorance of basic evolutionary theory- Check

Ignorance Level: Young Earth Creationist!

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#13    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,101 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

View Postzoser, on 19 June 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

Easy.  The human being is not endemic here.  The bible intimates as much with it's descriptions of interbreeding.  

It explains so very much.

Or an alternative,  you can consult genomic research that shows there is a strong case for a common source for all terrestrial life.   Humans are not special or different.  We are part of the same tree of life as protozoans and bananas.

#14    CuriousRey

CuriousRey

Jedi Master

• 1,095 posts

• "Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:27 PM

View PostNighthawk9653, on 19 June 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

This is all most the same thought I had a while ago.
It was just an idea that maybe we're the aliens, our planet was going to be destroyed, so some escaped and came to earth, and then we forgot our history.
But then I added it to my 'book idea' list :P

Interesting topic :)

Sounds like battlestar galactica.... I loved that series! :tsu:

#15    Hammerclaw

Hammerclaw

Psychic Spy

• 1,671 posts

• "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:02 AM

Oh my God, I'm a Fracking Cylon! :alien:

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - Hamlet (1.5.167-8),

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users