Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Ancient Aliens Debunked

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#1    Drums

Drums

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:40 AM

Not sure if there has been a topic on this documentary yet or not, but I have seen a lot of people suggesting it in other topics, and wanted to make sure it gets a topic.  If there is one, I will have a moderator close this topic.
I have actually put this movie on the backburner for a bit, and I wish I hadn't as there is a lot of really good information in it as to a lot of the big points in Ancient Aliens that are either simply false, or stretched speculation to say the least.  I implore anyone who is sitting on the fence on the ancient alien theory to watch it, heck anyone who is off the fence on one side or the other, should give it a watch too, as it gives out some great facts.  I will warn you, the movie is over 3 hours long, but well worth the investment for anyone wanting answers to some of the more persuasive points Ancient Aliens has brought to the table, and how it really doesn't fit at all, or are out right lies.  They even give sites you can use to look up their facts throughout the movie, it really is impressive.  If the link above does not work, just look up Ancient Aliens Debunked on youtube, and hit the full movie version.

#2    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:41 AM

I think most people who at the least.. have a high school education, knows that AA is a crock of hooey.. but i will admit that I love to watch it, just not for the talk.. its the 'images', one of the few shows in which you get a lot of great images of places we are unable to visit.

Just gotta ignore the jibber jabber of ancient aliens.

Posted Image

#3    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

Poltergeist

• 3,205 posts

• ", because in most cases men willingly believe what they wish."-Julius Caesar 'De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18'

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:53 AM

Chris White did a great job on this.It's a shame he threw away the logic, reason, and fact checking used for this, and the Planet X video when he did something else.

Posted Image
"I am Caesar and no king" - Gaius Julius Caesar
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MzrIHdN9O7M <-- "Ten Lies About Jesus"
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MclBbZUFSag <-- "Why The Gospels Are Myth"
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=mwUZOZN-9dc <-- "Why I Think Jesus Didn't Exist"

#4    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

View Postwillowdreams, on 20 June 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

I think most people who at the least.. have a high school education, knows that AA is a crock of hooey.. but i will admit that I love to watch it, just not for the talk.. its the 'images', one of the few shows in which you get a lot of great images of places we are unable to visit.

The thing I love about the show is that they take the littelest string of evidence and just try soooooooo hard to make it fit.

You almost want them to be correct for the amount of twisting and stretching and leaping of faith they have to do to nudge those square pets into round holes.

After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military.

William S. Burroughs

#5    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,917 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

View PostDrums, on 20 June 2014 - 04:40 AM, said:

I will warn you, the movie is over 3 hours long, but well worth the investment for anyone wanting answers to some of the more persuasive points Ancient Aliens has brought to the table, and how it really doesn't fit at all, or are out right lies.  They even give sites you can use to look up their facts throughout the movie, it really is impressive.  If the link above does not work, just look up Ancient Aliens Debunked on youtube, and hit the full movie version.
You can watch the film piece-wise here.  Below the screen is a transcript of the portion you watch, with footnotes and links to the facts referred to in each clip.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#6    HMS Dreadnought

HMS Dreadnought

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

A right bunch of charlatans but Giorgio does have fantastic hair :tu:

Dear you guys. Words cannot express how much I hate you guys. As we fight our way northward into the great unknown, only that one thing remains certain: that I hate you guys with every tired muscle in my confederate body. We have taken Topeka and I must rally the men onward to Missouri. Because I will not stop until we have won it all, and you guys are my slaves. Because I hate you guys. I hate you guys so very very much. Yours, General Cartman Lee.

#7    Drums

Drums

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

great hair indeed lol.  Willow you bring up a great point, infact that's what got me started on AA as well along with other books and shows like graham hancock.  I have always questioned the AA "facts", just never realized so many were outright lies

#8    Drums

Drums

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:08 PM

thanks for the link harte, I was actually debating whether to put in the actual website for the documentary, but decided to show the youtube version if only to let people know that there is decent footage on youtube once in a while.

#9    Harte

Harte

• 8,917 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

https://www.youtube....GtJGLQ&index=16

Watch VonDaniken get caught in a lie, admit it, then give the lame excuse that he has to lie, since there is no evidence for his claims.

OnYoutube

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson

#10    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,542 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:12 PM

I've always said the same thing about Ancient Aliens, when these topics pop up... I am a believer and am very open minded. HOWEVER, some of the things they talk about on Ancient Aliens is far-fetched. However, the thing that keeps me coming back to that show is about the first 30min, when they show the cool structures of what they are discussing. There is no doubt, that the structures/monuments/ect that they show is very cool to see.. Then you can put your own mind to it.. the second half is usually the tie in with the aliens which at times gets a bit to much for me.

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#11    Harte

Harte

• 8,917 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:31 PM

View PostLucidElement, on 20 June 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

I've always said the same thing about Ancient Aliens, when these topics pop up... I am a believer and am very open minded. HOWEVER, some of the things they talk about on Ancient Aliens is far-fetched. However, the thing that keeps me coming back to that show is about the first 30min, when they show the cool structures of what they are discussing. There is no doubt, that the structures/monuments/ect that they show is very cool to see.. Then you can put your own mind to it.. the second half is usually the tie in with the aliens which at times gets a bit to much for me.
I watch it all the time - with the sound muted.

There are some nice shots of ancient stuff.

Harte

#12    pbarosso

pbarosso

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:41 PM

ancient aliens. i wish it were all true because i love the idea of aliens.

but the promoters/theorists/producers ought to have their show banned because it actually gets people to believe the nonsense. I **** you not, i walk around and talk to people all the time who believe that crap. in short order there is going to be an undereducated surplus of people and they are going to mess up our society.

the pursuit of knowledge will force you to pick a side. Choose wisely.
                                                --me

#13    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,195 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:35 PM

View PostHarte, on 20 June 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

I watch it all the time - with the sound muted.

There are some nice shots of ancient stuff.

Harte

Cannot recommend watching it with sound on. Managed to get through two and a half episode, haven't watched it since (that was two years ago). It is simply too intellectually insulting to listen to.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#14    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,162 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

View PostHMS Dreadnought, on 20 June 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

A right bunch of charlatans but Giorgio does have fantastic hair :tu:

He does.

Posted Image

#15    calaf

calaf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:58 PM

View Postwillowdreams, on 20 June 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

I agree. It's shows like AA that took me to Machu Picchu, Sacsayhuaman and tha Nazca lines. Believe me, when you are there the farthest thing from your mind is the AA prattle or its debunkers. I sincerely wish that all of you get to visit these magical sites.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users