Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Aliens Debunked

Drums

Not sure if there has been a topic on this documentary yet or not, but I have seen a lot of people suggesting it in other topics, and wanted to make sure it gets a topic. If there is one, I will have a moderator close this topic.

I have actually put this movie on the backburner for a bit, and I wish I hadn't as there is a lot of really good information in it as to a lot of the big points in Ancient Aliens that are either simply false, or stretched speculation to say the least. I implore anyone who is sitting on the fence on the ancient alien theory to watch it, heck anyone who is off the fence on one side or the other, should give it a watch too, as it gives out some great facts. I will warn you, the movie is over 3 hours long, but well worth the investment for anyone wanting answers to some of the more persuasive points Ancient Aliens has brought to the table, and how it really doesn't fit at all, or are out right lies. They even give sites you can use to look up their facts throughout the movie, it really is impressive. If the link above does not work, just look up Ancient Aliens Debunked on youtube, and hit the full movie version.

• Like 4

I think most people who at the least.. have a high school education, knows that AA is a crock of hooey.. but i will admit that I love to watch it, just not for the talk.. its the 'images', one of the few shows in which you get a lot of great images of places we are unable to visit.

Just gotta ignore the jibber jabber of ancient aliens.

• Like 5

Chris White did a great job on this.It's a shame he threw away the logic, reason, and fact checking used for this, and the Planet X video when he did something else.

I think most people who at the least.. have a high school education, knows that AA is a crock of hooey.. but i will admit that I love to watch it, just not for the talk.. its the 'images', one of the few shows in which you get a lot of great images of places we are unable to visit.

The thing I love about the show is that they take the littelest string of evidence and just try soooooooo hard to make it fit.

You almost want them to be correct for the amount of twisting and stretching and leaping of faith they have to do to nudge those square pets into round holes.

• Like 1

[media=]

[/media]

I will warn you, the movie is over 3 hours long, but well worth the investment for anyone wanting answers to some of the more persuasive points Ancient Aliens has brought to the table, and how it really doesn't fit at all, or are out right lies. They even give sites you can use to look up their facts throughout the movie, it really is impressive. If the link above does not work, just look up Ancient Aliens Debunked on youtube, and hit the full movie version.

You can watch the film piece-wise here. Below the screen is a transcript of the portion you watch, with footnotes and links to the facts referred to in each clip.

Harte

• Like 2

A right bunch of charlatans but Giorgio does have fantastic hair :tu:

• Like 1

great hair indeed lol. Willow you bring up a great point, infact that's what got me started on AA as well along with other books and shows like graham hancock. I have always questioned the AA "facts", just never realized so many were outright lies

• Like 2

thanks for the link harte, I was actually debating whether to put in the actual website for the documentary, but decided to show the youtube version if only to let people know that there is decent footage on youtube once in a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DsOjqHm-VY&list=UUwlu5i60LlnzJD8J0GtJGLQ&index=16

Watch VonDaniken get caught in a lie, admit it, then give the lame excuse that he has to lie, since there is no evidence for his claims.

OnYoutube

Harte
  • Like 5

I've always said the same thing about Ancient Aliens, when these topics pop up... I am a believer and am very open minded. HOWEVER, some of the things they talk about on Ancient Aliens is far-fetched. However, the thing that keeps me coming back to that show is about the first 30min, when they show the cool structures of what they are discussing. There is no doubt, that the structures/monuments/ect that they show is very cool to see.. Then you can put your own mind to it.. the second half is usually the tie in with the aliens which at times gets a bit to much for me.

• Like 1

I've always said the same thing about Ancient Aliens, when these topics pop up... I am a believer and am very open minded. HOWEVER, some of the things they talk about on Ancient Aliens is far-fetched. However, the thing that keeps me coming back to that show is about the first 30min, when they show the cool structures of what they are discussing. There is no doubt, that the structures/monuments/ect that they show is very cool to see.. Then you can put your own mind to it.. the second half is usually the tie in with the aliens which at times gets a bit to much for me.

I watch it all the time - with the sound muted.

There are some nice shots of ancient stuff.

Harte

• Like 2

ancient aliens. i wish it were all true because i love the idea of aliens.

but the promoters/theorists/producers ought to have their show banned because it actually gets people to believe the nonsense. I **** you not, i walk around and talk to people all the time who believe that crap. in short order there is going to be an undereducated surplus of people and they are going to mess up our society.

• Like 1

I watch it all the time - with the sound muted.

There are some nice shots of ancient stuff.

Harte

Cannot recommend watching it with sound on. Managed to get through two and a half episode, haven't watched it since (that was two years ago). It is simply too intellectually insulting to listen to.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

I agree. It's shows like AA that took me to Machu Picchu, Sacsayhuaman and tha Nazca lines. Believe me, when you are there the farthest thing from your mind is the AA prattle or its debunkers. I sincerely wish that all of you get to visit these magical sites.

• Like 1

A right bunch of charlatans but Giorgio does have fantastic hair :tu:

/Kit Harington/ has fantastic hair. This guy just needs -- well, needed -- a dose of salts.

--Jaylemurph

He does.

40519229917621095881128.jpg

Can't you see? That's the alien, growing on his head. The first time I saw one like it was years ago, on Ted Koppel's head. Then Shatner and then Trump.
  • Like 2

I think we all know ancient alien theory, or at least the 'evidence' brought out on history channel is bunk. Still good imaginative stuff though that makes the mind question our origins.

Can't you see? That's the alien, growing on his head. The first time I saw one like it was years ago, on Ted Koppel's head. Then Shatner and then Trump.

That's...a frighteningly realistic scenario.

That's...a frighteningly realistic scenario.

Toupee Aliens!

Hair clubs for men is just their cover story!

Oh the hairy horror!

• Like 2

I think we all know ancient alien theory, or at least the 'evidence' brought out on history channel is bunk. Still good imaginative stuff though that makes the mind question our origins.

What a wonderful world that would be.

Harte

Hair clubs for men is just their cover story!

"I'm not just the president, I'm also an alien client! Client! I mean Client, of course..."

• Like 3

No, its caused by anti-gravity shampoo. It will always took some weeks of use to get the effect.

• Like 3

No, its caused by anti-gravity shampoo. It will always took some weeks of use to get the effect.

Maybe they used that anti-gravity shampoo to built the pyramids too ?

It all makes sense if you don't think about it !

• Like 2

He does.

40519229917621095881128.jpg

ha Giorgio always reminds me of the classic UK comedian, Ken Dodd

article-0-09D61783000005DC-798_233x308.jpg

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1