Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

When drones fall from the sky

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,594 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:44 PM

Washington Post said:

More than 400 large U.S. military drones have crashed in major accidents around the world since 2001, a record of calamity that exposes the potential dangers of throwing open American skies to drone traffic, according to a year-long Washington Post investigation.

Since the outbreak of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, military drones have malfunctioned in myriad ways, plummeting from the sky because of mechanical breakdowns, human error, bad weather and other reasons, according to more than 50,000 pages of accident investigation reports and other records obtained by The Post under the Freedom of Information Act.

Commercial drone flights are set to become a widespread reality in the United States, starting next year, under a 2012 law passed by Congress. Drone flights by law enforcement agencies and the military, which already occur on a limited basis, are projected to surge.

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

More americans die from beestings in a year than die from terrorist attacks.

I suppose in a few years we can say the same thing about the number of people dying from drones falling out of the sky.

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,426 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

Like MANY other annoying intrusions - drones are here to stay.  I wonder at what point Americans became gutless when dealing with politicians?  The only way back now is through the spilling of blood, unfortunately.  Governments do not give up power willingly - not EVER.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#4    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:23 PM

its cloudy with a chance of meatballs
Its clear with a chance of drones

Posted Image

#5    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:59 PM

View Postand then, on 20 June 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

Like MANY other annoying intrusions - drones are here to stay.  I wonder at what point Americans became gutless when dealing with politicians?  The only way back now is through the spilling of blood, unfortunately.  Governments do not give up power willingly - not EVER.

It has been a long and slow process, conditioning the American electorate, but it has worked very well.  Yes, they are gutless and grossly misinformed.

I think that the only possible way to have a bloodless revolution is by way of jury nullification, and it's very late in the game for that, considering how uninformed americans are about the jury power.

#6    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:37 PM

Do we expect bloodshed over drones and other issues, or is this hyperbole? How would jury nullification help with freedom Issues? Yes, color me ignorant here.

Edited by DeWitz, 23 June 2014 - 10:38 PM.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users