Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Clinton says she’s unlike the truly well off

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,418 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

Washington Post said:

Hillary Rodham Clinton defended scrutiny on her and her husband’s personal wealth by contrasting herself in an interview published Sunday with other multimillionaires who are “truly well off.”

The comment immediately drew scorn from Republicans, who have highlighted a series of stumbles the former secretary of state and potential 2016 Democratic presidential candidate has made on her book tour this month when talking about her personal fortune and six-figure speaking fees.

In an interview with Britain's Guardian newspaper, Clinton was asked whether she could be a credible champion for fighting income inequality in the United States despite her wealth.

Read more

Well Ms. Clinton, we are aware that you have to retire to sleep under a bridge every night and don't know how to pay the car payments.... we feel so sorry for you...really :innocent:

Edited by questionmark, 22 June 2014 - 07:05 PM.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    andy4

andy4

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will be peace.

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

Good luck not finding a politician who isn't a multi-millionaire. They don't give a crap about people like you and I.

Edited by andy4, 22 June 2014 - 07:08 PM.

Love your brother as yourself, because you know what? He IS yourself, literally.- Bill Hicks

Dream argument

#3    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,318 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

Nonsense (pure and simple).

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#4    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:45 PM

If the Clintons are not truly well off, who the heck is?

#5    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,318 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:47 PM

I just did some checking around the net. Hillary Clinton's net worth is estimated at 20 to 22 million. Bill Clinton's net worth is estimated to be from 77 to 80 million.

Right, she's not "truly well off". What a load of BS there.

Edited by Lilly, 22 June 2014 - 09:04 PM.
spelling

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#6    Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

...Meanwhile, there are people all across America living in Tent Cities.

These people make me sick.

Posted Image

The Urban Contemplative

http://www.unexplain...log&blogid=2565

#7    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,536 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#8    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,546 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:43 PM

Well there's "well off" and then there's "truly well off".
I'd say the likes of Paris "never having to work a day in her life" Hilton is truly well off, while the folks who worked for their squillions are "well off".

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#9    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,639 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

Honestly I didnt even expect here to say something that dumb. But I guess it justa reflection of how out of touch our politicians are getting.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#10    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,324 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:52 PM

Almost all politicians are Rich, or rather, "Well Off". And they don't have a clue what people forced to Rent living space, or forced to make payments on a old used car are going through.

Hillary is what, 66, now? I was reading an article about this the other day and she said that she did various jobs and had to struggle... when she and Bill were in college. So, that is like 45 years ago?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#11    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,318 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:05 PM

Hillary Rodham Clinton was upper middle class (her father owned a textile business). Bill Clinton did not come from money. Hillary attended Wellesley College and went to Law school at either Yale or Princeton (I know it wasn't Harvard). I seriously doubt the Clinton's did any 'struggling' after graduating law school.

I just checked, it was Yale.

Edited by Lilly, 22 June 2014 - 10:09 PM.
addition

#12    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,627 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:00 AM

View PostLilly, on 22 June 2014 - 07:47 PM, said:

I just did some checking around the net. Hillary Clinton's net worth is estimated at 20 to 22 million. Bill Clinton's net worth is estimated to be from 77 to 80 million.

Right, she's not "truly well off". What a load of BS there.
By contrasting herself with her others with her husband's wealth, she must think that 77 to 80 mil is "truly well off"?   Or would she be saying that 97 million to 102 million isn't truly well off?   What a terribly clumsy attempt at trying to connect with voters.

Edited by Yamato, 23 June 2014 - 06:03 AM.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#13    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,318 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:55 AM

I guess a net worth of only 100 million doesn't quite cut it if one's rubbing shoulders with billionaires. But, to be so out of touch with reality as to think only billionaires are 'well off" is utterly ridiculous.

Most people work all their lives and never even see 1 million in their 401Ks. The elite who govern us know this all too well, to pretend otherwise is disgusting IMO.

#14    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

I guess this is one cause, regardless of politics, we can all agree on.

The Clintons are loaded.

#15    Thelaw1

Thelaw1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

View Postacidhead, on 22 June 2014 - 08:03 PM, said:

This country is going to hell because people put pointless qualifications above actual qualifications and don't take the time to study a candidate.

I remember people saying they were gonna vote for Bush over Gore because you could have a beer with Bush. I don't get it. I want my President to be better than me, not like me.

Edited by Thelaw1, 23 June 2014 - 04:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users