Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Shadow people

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

Story submission by: Troublehalf   Location: Oxfordshire, England

I've recounted this story many times in my life, and while most people listen with interest, even half-heartedly, the end result is always the same "Yeah, right". When I was about 18 months old, my family moved from their house and into the one I've lived in for the rest of my life. Funnily enou...

Read More: http://www.unexplain...4/shadow-people

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    astralwitch

astralwitch

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 55 posts

• "We live by the sun. We feel by the moon."

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:01 AM

Ive experienced this for 12 years now, ever since I was 12. No one believes me, my mom doesnt want to believe me, she doesnt even want to listen to what I have to say. I know she has experienced this too when she was younger, because she has told me stories about seeing things when she was 17. She said that Ill grow out of it, (im 24 now lol.) I just have gotten used to it. It always happens when I go to bed though, I wake up with sleep paralysis and then I see the shadow people, they either stand at the end of my bed or hang from my ceiling and crawl around it and look at me. Ive even had them crawl on top of me and just stare at me, no more than 2 inches from my face. I have seen their eyes, black as black can be. Its scary. I have even experienced this in a hospital. I was staying at a hospial with my grandma when she was very sick. There was a recliner in her room so I slept on that, well at exactly 3am, (I could see the clock because the door was open just a little bit so that some light could come into the room.) I woke up and I couldnt move, the only thing I could move were my eyes and something told me to look at the corner of the room near the end of my grandmas bed. There was a chair there, and in that chair sat a black hooded figure, I couldnt see its face, but it still scared me. I looked at it for a few mins while trying to get myself to move, but I couldnt, then finally it spoke, it said in a very deep voice, deeper than any voice ive ever heard, "get the hell out of here!" and right after that, I was able to move. I still experience this, not as often as I used too, but Id say at least 10 times a month. It used to be every night or every other night.

#3    Black.Star26

Black.Star26

Alien Embryo

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

I have to agree with you ... nobody listens and they just think I'm crazy or something but I know what I saw. It started happening when I was 7 years old and now that I'm 15 and still talking about them my whole family thought they would be helping me if I saw a therapist about it, but they made it worse. This one night i decided to record myself sleeping in case the Smokey shadow person came by that night but i guess he/it somehow knew i was trying to get on tape and while i was sleeping it turned it off somehow and when I tried to show it to my mom and dad the screen was just black and now my therapist started thinking that i was crazy too (which is what a therapist shouldn't say to a patient). So I tried telling my friends at school but they thought I lost my mind or something and they told their friends what I said to them and now everyone thinks of me as the crazy girl that they go to school with and don't want to get close to me ... they thought my so called "illness" was very contagious. A couple months passed by and now I am seeing a different therapist and when ever I wake up in the morning I ask my parents if I could stay home rather than go to school cause everyone I go to school with calls me a bunch of names that I don't like so I use my "illness" as an advantage and get back at them for teasing me all the time.

#4    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

Its sleep paralysis its very common and any therapist should be able to recognise what you are suffering.You are not crazy its a very common thing that happens to some people more frequently than others

#5    jawjalou

jawjalou

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:28 PM

I have been told that sometimes shadow people sightings go along with personality changes.  This is probably a different kind than what you all have gone through.

#6    snop1x

snop1x

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:42 PM

I used to see a shadow to at my old house. it always passed outside my room going from the left to the right. once i had a friend over and he saw it too. my sister saw it once exactly behind her when she was vacuuming. after we moved (5 years now) i haven't had another expirience except the first night at my new house. the curtain on my room was closed and when i woke up i was open. after that nothing.

#7    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,090 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:31 PM

Sleep paralysis or hypagognia

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route to find out what really happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users