Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Slavery DOES exist

mind slavery brain thoughts

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    Chris Raj

Chris Raj

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

• "Sanity is madness put to good use."

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:53 AM

Greetings, my good people!

The recent research about Free Will being nothing but background noises in your Brain sparked a question that i lay before you, as you read forth this post.

Before we begin, i would like to kindly request anyone attempting to answer, to just stick to the topic (as much as you can, by avoiding Free Posting). Thank you :)

Ok.

We know that a Brain is different from the Mind. The Body cannot live without the Brain & vice-versa. It's fairly obvious that our Brains tell us what we need to do when we're alive. The Body is just a vessel for the Brain to survive. Time & Visual reality are grand illusions. Ergo, we are born slaves.

Subsequently,

1. If our Brain controls us & we are Slaves to it, can Suicide or Organic Death in any form be justified as means of breaking the shackles of Slavery? Is that ultimate freedom for mankind?

Since time immemorial, we're told that Life is better than Death. What if it's the other way around?

(*** And if you consider Self-Control. By it's very means, we go to war with our own thoughts. Is it right to say that we try to reprogramme our Brain to NOT do something we deem unhealthy? If so, what is making us do that? Is it the Brain? Essentially, does the Brain go against it's own mechanism?)

Your thoughts, please..

And thanks in advance.

Edited by Chris Raj, 25 June 2014 - 04:55 AM.

"...in the quest for knowledge."

#2    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,891 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:22 AM

No free posting?  You a slave driver or summat?

#3    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 4,236 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:37 AM

View PostEldorado, on 25 June 2014 - 05:22 AM, said:

Do as your told eld,before he starts with the jedi mind tricks....  :unsure2:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#4    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:00 AM

The human brain is anything but right all the time, It can be tricked, it can mix things up, it can have severe problems.  The being a slave to it is in my opinion correct.  Although it may be right in telling you what to do in most cases, there are many illnesses that the brain can have that put you in a totally false world.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#5    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:05 AM

View PostChris Raj, on 25 June 2014 - 04:53 AM, said:

...if you consider Self-Control. By it's very means, we go to war with our own thoughts. Is it right to say that we try to reprogramme our Brain to NOT do something we deem unhealthy? If so, what is making us do that? Is it the Brain? Essentially, does the Brain go against it's own mechanism?)

What's causing that wiling reprogramming is memory of negative aspects of whatever action you are trying to control, which are usually unconscious or natural tendencies, which have been allowed to run without conscious direction. I feel that self control is a result of the person learning, as opposed to acting on auto pilot. Unconscious decisions vs. conscious decisions.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#6    Chris Raj

Chris Raj

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:29 AM

View Post_Only, on 25 June 2014 - 07:05 AM, said:

What's causing that wiling reprogramming is memory of negative aspects of whatever action you are trying to control, which are usually unconscious or natural tendencies, which have been allowed to run without conscious direction. I feel that self control is a result of the person learning, as opposed to acting on auto pilot. Unconscious decisions vs. conscious decisions.

Okay. From what I gathered, the Brain realizes the errors made. Conscious Direction still does require the Brain. Hence, it tries to reprogramme itself through Self-Control.

As Humans, we practise self-control almost every day.

Ergo, our Brains are innately flawed. And it is only through acts of self-control that we rectify the errors.

Am I right?!

#7    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,215 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:16 AM

View PostEldorado, on 25 June 2014 - 05:22 AM, said:

What the heck is "free posting" anyway?

Let's see if I get this hypothesis: Our brains are flawed/don't work right. Only via self control that we can 'fix' the errors of our flawed brains. So, I assume we're not using our 'flawed brains' to exert this self control? Then what are we using? The Force? Power of God?

I guess I don't get this.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#8    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,891 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

View PostLilly, on 25 June 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

What the heck is "free posting" anyway?

No idea but am guessing it's freedom of speech/typing.

p.s. Apologies, Chris for my off-topic post.  I honestly can't help it.  It all began when........ *rambles on and on and on*

Good luck with your research.  :)

#9    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:34 AM

View PostChris Raj, on 25 June 2014 - 07:29 AM, said:

Okay. From what I gathered, the Brain realizes the errors made. Conscious Direction still does require the Brain. Hence, it tries to reprogramme itself through Self-Control.

Ergo, our Brains are innately flawed. And it is only through acts of self-control that we rectify the errors.

Am I right?!

Surely that only works if you regard the brains initial thought patterns as the preferred (therefore flawed) method of working, but the brain allows for thoughts to continue to the point of reaching some form of reasoning (or it does in most people)....the brain therefore rectifies itself if you allow it too, the only time you over-ride that function is when adrenalin kicks in, as adrenalin in most people acts like a fog, it clouds your thoughts, surely?

#10    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 5,402 posts

• Let there be Ziggy

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:44 AM

(...) Time & Visual reality are grand illusions. (...)
This is just a hypothesis and should be marked as such. An illusion is a wrong interpretation of the reality so
the (absolute) reality must be known first to be able to judge about an illusion, so a misinterpretation, in relation
to the reality. As we do not have a model independent point of view to evaluate the absolute reality, we are not
in a position to label our reality as just an illusion of the absolute reality. Our reality about time and visual cognition
do follow models those are comprehensible by the laws of math and physics so it is highly likely that these laws
are also a part of the absolute reality in a 1 to 1 relation and it is highly unlikely that these laws are just a pattern
inside an illusion. Recapitulatory, the claim that our reality is just an illusion is futile and so cannot be used as a
basis, or just as a part, for a serious discussion outside NewAge drivel standards.

Edited by toast, 25 June 2014 - 11:23 AM.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#11    Chris Raj

Chris Raj

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:47 PM

View PostChris Raj, on 25 June 2014 - 07:29 AM, said:

Am I right?!

Apologies for the confusion with the words Free Posting. Free Posting insinuates Spamming / Off Topic Discussion.

#12    Chris Raj

Chris Raj

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostLilly, on 25 June 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

Let's see if I get this hypothesis: Our brains are flawed/don't work right. Only via self control that we can 'fix' the errors of our flawed brains. So, I assume we're not using our 'flawed brains' to exert this self control? Then what are we using? The Force? Power of God?

I guess I don't get this.

THAT is my question. What are we using?

Edited by Chris Raj, 25 June 2014 - 02:20 PM.

#13    Chris Raj

Chris Raj

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 25 June 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

Surely that only works if you regard the brains initial thought patterns as the preferred (therefore flawed) method of working, but the brain allows for thoughts to continue to the point of reaching some form of reasoning (or it does in most people)....the brain therefore rectifies itself if you allow it too, the only time you over-ride that function is when adrenalin kicks in, as adrenalin in most people acts like a fog, it clouds your thoughts, surely?

I understand. However, the Adrenal Glands are only activated in the event of danger / when excited. Adrenaline does lead to Self-Control, in some situations.

Adrenaline does cloud our thoughts in dodgy situations. However, it is simply the Brain going into Hyperdrive. Ofcourse, it is not right to say that the Brain is clueless to it's actions just because it's high off of Adrenaline, just because it is clouded. Correct?!

Unless, the Brain could sense events even before they happened.

Lo.. Premonition (in theory) which could actually still retain the precise calculations of the Brain without having to rectify them.

Edited by Chris Raj, 25 June 2014 - 02:18 PM.

#14    Chris Raj

Chris Raj

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

View Posttoast, on 25 June 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

This is just a hypothesis and should be marked as such. An illusion is a wrong interpretation of the reality so
the (absolute) reality must be known first to be able to judge about an illusion, so a misinterpretation, in relation
to the reality. As we do not have a model independent point of view to evaluate the absolute reality, we are not
in a position to label our reality as just an illusion of the absolute reality. Our reality about time and visual cognition
do follow models those are comprehensible by the laws of math and physics so it is highly likely that these laws
are also a part of the absolute reality in a 1 to 1 relation and it is highly unlikely that these laws are just a pattern
inside an illusion. Recapitulatory, the claim that our reality is just an illusion is futile and so cannot be used as a
basis, or just as a part, for a serious discussion outside NewAge drivel standards.

I see your point. However, laws of Physics & the known universe were all put to light by our thinkers using the 5 Human senses.

1. If Tellurians by birth were sense-devoid (I.E., 5 Senses), what is our absolute reality then?
2. Through our Eyes, we see this "Reality". If the world was born Blind, then what is our reality? Is it just darkness?

It is by these questions, that i believe what we see is a veil in front of something that we have not found yet. This however, is then dragged into Spirituality.

Edited by Chris Raj, 25 June 2014 - 02:35 PM.

#15    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

1. If our Brain controls us & we are Slaves to it, can Suicide or Organic Death in any form be justified as means of breaking the shackles of Slavery? Is that ultimate freedom for mankind?

Since time immemorial, we're told that Life is better than Death. What if it's the other way around?
Classic - notice how your personality has created a reasonable means of justifying ending life?  This is the enslavement of the mind by our Ego - we are not enslaved by our minds, our minds are enslaved by our desires and our desires create our personality.

If you are enslaved to your personality you are literally the walking dead because you do not know what you are doing, you are just following your senses and their attachments.  To be alive you have to be conscious of what is motivating you and whether there is fear, anger, hate, envy etc making your choices for you.  Would you act differently if there was no anger?  We always externalise these things aka: "he made me angry" when the truth is "I am angry, why am I angry?", "what inside me wants to feel this anger?" and "why did I get so angry that I punched that fella and ended up spending the night in jail?" - the answer is anger made us a slave to it's desire to act out and used our pride to make us righteous in having that anger, not the other person, but our anger.  Even if we choose to believe however, that it was the other person who made us angry, the problem still remains our anger.  Why?  Because we acted in accordance with how they made us feel - they owned us, we were enslaved by their words as surely as any hypnotist enslaves another's mind.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

Also tagged with mind, slavery, brain, thoughts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users