Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Slavery DOES exist

mind slavery brain thoughts

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,465 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:19 AM

View PostChris Raj, on 25 June 2014 - 04:53 AM, said:

1. If our Brain controls us & we are Slaves to it, can Suicide or Organic Death in any form be justified as means of breaking the shackles of Slavery? Is that ultimate freedom for mankind?

Since time immemorial, we're told that Life is better than Death. What if it's the other way around?

(*** And if you consider Self-Control. By it's very means, we go to war with our own thoughts. Is it right to say that we try to reprogramme our Brain to NOT do something we deem unhealthy? If so, what is making us do that? Is it the Brain? Essentially, does the Brain go against it's own mechanism?)

Your thoughts, please..

And thanks in advance.

IMO the Brain doesn't control anything, it does however at is most primal levels do everything necessary to keep us alive and well. "Control" is a concept of mind, which should not be mistaken for Brain.. Mind comes from our interactions within ones reality. Mind also comes from our relationship with the world, and is also reliant on various levels of consciousnesses and perceptions we train ourselves to pick up on though our relationships with perceived reality..

Therefore, self control is not so much a going to war as it is maintaining a healthy balance, a juggling act one might say, between being at the mercy of our perceptions or being a master of them. Thoughts are the unseen forces that govern all reality.. And IMO, they're quite difficult to control. Just try controlling your thoughts in one single direction for an hour and see how long it takes to loose your train of thought.. So, yeah, slaves the lot of us.. But freedom is possible..

#32    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,465 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:28 AM

View PostChris Raj, on 25 June 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

THAT is my question. What are we using?

The only thing that can apply change of one way or another, or one form to another is Intention.. Intention is the power being used..

Edited by Professor T, 27 June 2014 - 01:32 AM.

#33    nothinglizx2

nothinglizx2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:38 PM

If we are tempted and our faith is tested, how do we know who we are until we can distinguish between the two, how do we see ourselves as anything more than choice and influence?  If we are influenced by imagination, then whose imagination?  If we are influenced by music, art, poetry, writing, etc.. Then Whose?  God or the Devil?  Are we slaves or unintentional allies from one influence to the next between the two for a purpose bigger than our understanding or to change the outcome of the future.  Until you question your everyday, all day choices, you might not know that nearly every choice in your waking life might be influenced by a temptor.  Everyday choices you might take as good may infact be influenced by a tempter because you were indoctrined from birth into a society that does the things you are unaware of as temptation.

Also tagged with mind, slavery, brain, thoughts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users