Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

COLDNESS

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    CASTOR

CASTOR

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 302 posts

• "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." -George Bernard Shaw

Posted 05 March 2003 - 02:48 AM

Where i go to college there is a graveyard that we like to go to once and a while to give ourselves a little scare. the last time we went we parked our car outside the gates(which are just a chair that is draped across the road) and were just standing around outside the gate talking. i remind you that there are no walls, no big graves or anything to create a barrier to block the wind or anything like that. we step about 3 feet into the graveyard and the temp. drop had to be at least 5 degrees. we even stepped in and out to make sure it wasnt just our imagination. i was a little freaked out. im not saying it had anything to do with ghosts, it probably didnt, but my question is, do ghosts like it cold? are they feeding off of the warth? i just dont understand. please comment on my story and my questions. thank you.

CASTOR                                                  

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei

#2    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,840 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 05 March 2003 - 09:49 AM

Perhaps spirits somehow absorb heat energy in order to manifest themselves, that may explain why there are coldspots in some locations thought to be haunted, such as graveyards and houses that are prone to poltergeist activity.                                                  

#3    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,909 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 11:28 AM

saruman, thats a good theory, the ghost would take the heat out of the room to manifest, cos the heat is a natural source of energy and it would presumably take a lot of energy to manifest.

it would be interesting to see if the warmer the original temperature of the house, room, whatever the stronger the haunting.                                                  

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#4    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 12:25 PM

Saruman hit the nail on the head.

It is common belief among paranormal investigators and researchers, as well as among
mediums and spiritualists that manifestations of spirits draw their energy from the
surrounding environment, be that: heat energy, emotional energy, electrical energy
etc.

Cold spots without apparent cause are thought to be locations where spirits draw
their energy.

Interestingly enough, the cold spot doesn't have to be in the exact same location as
the manifestation, but is usually not too far away.

Spooky.

huh.gif                                                  

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#5    Ghostboo

Ghostboo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 12:41 AM

Cold...Is the feeling of death.  You always hear (on t.v. and such) that if someone's

dying, they get really cold.  I can agree with you guys about the spirits drawing

energy from heat, but I also have a theory of my own.  Warmth is always seen as an  

essence of life, since everything needs warmth to live.  People also see warmth in an

emotional way.  A warm hearted person is likely to do good things.  A cold hearted

person is likely to be cruel and unforgiving.  And one more thing, warmth is a

comforting feeling.  My point, some ghosts mourn their deaths and fear that they will

never again feel the warmth of a living being.  So to simulate it and draw power,

they absorb the heat around them.  This is the cold, threatening feeling we get when

in the presence of some ghosts.                                                  

I'm bored all the time and that is why I'm....bored.

-Ghostboo

#6    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 06:24 PM

Ooookkkkaaaayyyyy.....

...but for the record, I'm sticking with my theory.   tongue.gif

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#7    wolfsinger

wolfsinger

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 11:25 PM

They have no bodies (Physical Bodies) so they cannot hold heat and  like Saruman's theory :
Perhaps spirits somehow absorb heat energy in order to manifest themselves, that may explain why there are coldspots in some locations thought to be haunted, such as graveyards and houses that are prone to poltergeist activity.
By the way, thats a great theory, Saruman! Same with Loonboy! I would've never thought of that!                                                  

I've been everywhere and still Im standing tall, I've seen a million faces and I've ROCKED 'EM ALL!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users