Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 2 votes

Beware the man with the ‘miracle’ stare

braco bratzo zagreb gazing sessions eyes

  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

    Deeply Mysterious

  • 40,951 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:25 PM

Not a joke, this is really weird

A 47-year-old man from Zagreb in Croatia known only as Braco (pronounced Bratzo) has whipped up a storm of New Age followers across the globe.

How does he do it? With his eyes, apparently.

http://metro.co.uk/2...egnant-4777012/

Posted Image

#2    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

    Cybele

  • Member
  • 11,559 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:UK

  • A farce to be reckoned with!

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:35 PM

Hmmm, not quite sure what to make of that. He certainly has a rare aura to him.

Sometimes, Life's Tapestry is not so much rich as ripped. Although on reflection, I guess it can be both. :)

#3    Ryu

Ryu

    Born to fail.

  • Member
  • 4,008 posts
  • Joined:17 Dec 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Where you'll never find me

  • [i]All rivers find their own way to the ocean.[/i] -Unknown

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:48 PM

I do not see anything special about him at all. Just a man trying to look sexy or something.

Actually when I first seen him I thought it was Bill Murray.

Posted Image

#4    Michelle

Michelle

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 16,432 posts
  • Joined:03 Jan 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tennessee

  • Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

Trying to look sexy and I hate it when guys give me that look...blech.


#5    JGirl

JGirl

    Pajama Goddess

  • Member
  • 9,032 posts
  • Joined:23 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

he has a symnpathetic face. it's nothing more than that as far as i can see but people like to grab onto something to believe in i guess. something to get all spiritual and worked up about. lol


#6    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

    Spud the Mackem

  • Member
  • 3,994 posts
  • Joined:28 Oct 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yeo Valley,Darkest Somerset.

  • man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:39 PM

He looks as though he's just wet himself and is afraid the teacher will find out.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#7    JVG

JVG

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,257 posts
  • Joined:31 Jan 2014
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:N.E. Pa.

  • Live and learn.

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:19 PM

View PostRyu, on 27 June 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:

I do not see anything special about him at all. Just a man trying to look sexy or something.

Actually when I first seen him I thought it was Bill Murray.


That's it I thought the same thing.....


#8    amaterasu

amaterasu

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,628 posts
  • Joined:13 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Liverpool, UK

  • "Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!"

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:23 PM

He actually looks like a naughty puppy who has peed on your duvet! I would never hit a small animal ...or a large one but I really want to slap that blokes silly face. I don't take well to people who dupe others and this guy is a total charlatan who plays on peoples emotions

*dons boxing glove on one hand and knuckle duster on the other*

* Group logo removed, please see rule 3i *

#9    XenoFish

XenoFish

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 3,091 posts
  • Joined:27 Jul 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hiding under your bed.

  • The world is already dumb enough, don't add to it.

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:40 PM

Quote

Actually when I first seen him I thought it was Bill Murray.
Same thing I thought.

The greatest limitations in your life are the one's you impose upon yourself.
If you can not control yourself, do not expect god to do it for you.
There is no meaning to life, only that which you give it.
I have no problem with your faith, it's your religions that I can not stand.

#10    Leonardo

Leonardo

    Awake

  • Member
  • 17,241 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

  • Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:47 PM

He has what is known as a 'soft' face, and his small mouth with the protruding lower lip, the shape of his eyes and the roundness of his face elicits a sympathetic response because those features are neotenous (i.e. child-like features retained into adulthood.)

That's all it is, nothing 'miraculous'.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#11    libstaK

libstaK

    Nosce Te Ipsum

  • 7,094 posts
  • Joined:06 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia

  • Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:44 AM

The video linked to the story is back from before 2010 ..... why they posted a story about him 5 years later but have no current vid on him is anybody's guess.  Anyway, I tried staring at him and ended up laughing at my own stupidity, so yeh good energy :w00t: .

Edit to add: BTW Braco translated into English is "brother".  Isn't that sweet.

Edited by libstaK, 28 June 2014 - 01:48 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#12    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

    Spud the Mackem

  • Member
  • 3,994 posts
  • Joined:28 Oct 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yeo Valley,Darkest Somerset.

  • man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:08 PM

View Postamaterasu, on 27 June 2014 - 11:23 PM, said:

He actually looks like a naughty puppy who has peed on your duvet! I would never hit a small animal ...or a large one but I really want to slap that blokes silly face. I don't take well to people who dupe others and this guy is a total charlatan who plays on peoples emotions

*dons boxing glove on one hand and knuckle duster on the other*
  So your left hand is Serious Injury and your right hand is Sudden Death hehe (I love your straight talk and no messing about)

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#13    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

    devil's aunt

  • Member
  • 23,518 posts
  • Joined:21 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Croatia/Sucamore Beach

  • Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:44 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 28 June 2014 - 01:44 AM, said:

The video linked to the story is back from before 2010 ..... why they posted a story about him 5 years later but have no current vid on him is anybody's guess.  Anyway, I tried staring at him and ended up laughing at my own stupidity, so yeh good energy :w00t: .

Edit to add: BTW Braco translated into English is "brother".  Isn't that sweet.
It’s even sweeter than that: it’s a diminutive, “little brother”.

And it’s not working on me.  
I think his “secret” might be the obvious fact that we can do miracles with our own bodies (both ways, we can both heal or destroy ourselves, to amazing extent) and some people think they need an outside medium to make themselves nudge their bodies in the healing direction.
We often really can heal ourselves, especially if the issues are psychosomatic. Obviously.

The guy who trained Braco was even weirder and more theatrical. And obsessed with gold, he would wear more than 1 kg gold jewellery and claimed it keeps him in touch with the Sun... ahem.
But if it’s working for some people, why should I attempt spoiling it?
Placebo effect is one simply wonderful phenomenon.

Posted Image

Have I ever lost the plot while reading one of your posts?
The will to live maybe, but not the plot...  -  Junior Chubb

#14    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

    Deadliest of the Species

  • Member
  • 3,797 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Brunswick

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

He's Zoolander of the Crotians with a Jimmy Swaggart attitude.

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."


#15    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

    Cybele

  • Member
  • 11,559 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:UK

  • A farce to be reckoned with!

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:24 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 28 June 2014 - 09:44 PM, said:

It’s even sweeter than that: it’s a diminutive, “little brother”.

And it’s not working on me.  
I think his “secret” might be the obvious fact that we can do miracles with our own bodies (both ways, we can both heal or destroy ourselves, to amazing extent) and some people think they need an outside medium to make themselves nudge their bodies in the healing direction.
We often really can heal ourselves, especially if the issues are psychosomatic. Obviously.

The guy who trained Braco was even weirder and more theatrical. And obsessed with gold, he would wear more than 1 kg gold jewellery and claimed it keeps him in touch with the Sun... ahem.
But if it’s working for some people, why should I attempt spoiling it?
Placebo effect is one simply wonderful phenomenon.

The bit I've bolded above: I think some people actually do need an outside medium, and possibly a crowd of fellow potential believers around them too. It's as if they need to be in the presence of someone who they can see really believes(in whatever it is), and have that belief reflected back at them before they allow themselves to behave like a believer.

Sometimes, Life's Tapestry is not so much rich as ripped. Although on reflection, I guess it can be both. :)




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users