Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird series of dreams. Please help

lucy72

A month ago, I woke up suddenly at around 3 am because I thought I heard a man whispering in my ear in an unknown language. It was so real, I could have sworn I felt warm breath and I was so freaked out that I searched my whole apartment for an intruder, but my alarm was still set etc.

Two nights later, I thought I had woken up but I was still dreaming, and I saw a man standing over my bed. So I started screaming aloud and my boyfriend (who was staying over) quickly woke me up. It was 3 am again. I have never screamed out loud in my dreams before and even my boyfriend was very freaked out).

Since then, I've been having a recurring dream. In this dream I'm wearing a wedding dress and I'm standing in an oak lined room. I'm waiting for the ceremony but I'm very very scared (just short of screaming). I can feel that I'm being forced into this wedding. So I leave the room and enter a church and a man who's face I can't see is standing at the alter. I begin to really panic and then I always suddenly wake up with my heart palpitating. How would you guys interprate these dreams?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• George Ford

• Crabby Kitten

• Professor T

• lucy72

IMO this all represents a change in your life or lifestyle that has happened recently or is happening. I Feel that this dream most likely represents an alarm being raised by your subconscious or higher self regarding a change in your personal energies.. the wedding isn't literally a wedding.. It's a union of two energies, one familiar to yourself, and one you are unaccustomed to.. In terms of emotions, I would suggest this unfamiliar spouse represents a domineering unfamiliar side of yourself that you have only recently come to experience, one which you dislike..

Are you married yet or not?

Ok, that made me sound weird. What I was gonna say was I think you are scared of commitment, quite possibly marriage? Maybe it's a bit to obvious but you in a wedding dress in an oak lined roam which could represent a coffin. The Groom that you can't see the face of could represent that there is some niggling doubt you about your boyfriend, you don't 100% trust him maybe? I think the 1st bit you wrote about the man whispering is unrelated IMO.

Something in your life could be bothering you. If it's to do with work, or a moving of house/apartment, it might be that you need to adjust to your life's changes. It's hard to say what the dreams are telling you without you giving more info about you:

How long have you lived in your place?

How long have you been with your boyfriend?

Do you have anything in life that's changed?

Have you recently lost something including a job or something of value?

The best person to interpret your dreams is you, no book can tell you what something means to you. Consider the details you gave such as the wedding, your emotions, the man with no face, the piano, etc.

Also, why would you pin these dreams with the male energy that is visiting you? Has he visited more than what you listed here? And could it be him in the dreams that you cannot see his face? Reoccurring dreams, and this one in particular, do not usually come from outside sources. By this I mean that YOU are trying to tell yourself something, not this man spirit that has visited you frequently. I could be wrong of course, as there is someone whose face you cannot see in the dreams. This person could represent someone you haven't met yet, or that you are not seeing the whole picture (someone you know could be hiding something from you).

As this dream is centered around the wedding theme I would examine your relationships closely especially that of you and your boyfriend. The next time you have the dream try to notice more about the details and what they mean to YOU. Another thing that works for me when examining people in my dreams is trying to sense their aura or spirit energy. If the person is fabricated by your mind nothing will seem off by them. Sometimes people can visit us in our sleep through astral projection or if they are already in spirit form. You should be able to sense them (especially if you know them in real life, or if they have visited you more than once like the spirit man that scares you awake at 3am frequently), either way their energy should feel diffrerent than your own.

I vaguely recall that a girl I once dated for several years had a very similar dream. The part that sparked my long term memory was the lack of a clear face. The other posters are correct that the most accurate understanding of this dream will come from yourself. As for the male figure over your bed, it could be a part of sleep paralysis which sometimes happens with lucid dreaming. It could also be something else entirely. Not a subject I'm fond of going into detail on...I usually have a bad day or two if I go into it at length. I just re read your post and it sounds very similar to sleep paralysis, except that you were able to scream.

I was wondering if you had an idea of what the language was he was speaking in the first dream. I agree also with George in his relating your dream to fear of commitment. Marriages symbolize long term commitments. If it is not directly related to your relationship, it could he related to other life changing events; career paths, school, or any legal bindings/agreements. I would advise to be cautious of any offers that may come to you that seem to be too good to be true and always trust your instinct.