Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Birthplace of George Orwell to become museum

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,779 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:24 PM

UPI said:

MOTIHARI , India, June 30 (UPI) --The tiny home in Motihari, India, where British writer George Orwell was born, will be restored and converted into an Orwell museum.

Work on the derelict building has begun, and the Bihar state government announced plans and funding to make it the world's first museum dedicated to the author of Animal Farm and 1984, as well as numerous other books, political essays, and commentaries.

Orwell, whose real name was Eric Blair, was born in the house near the border between India and Nepal and adjacent to an opium warehouse, in 1903. His father, Richard Blair, worked for the Indian Civil Service as a supervisor of poppy growers collecting opium to be exported to China.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/T.../#ixzz36AED3pyI

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:58 PM

Blair/Orwell deserves all the appropriate recognition his home town and state can provide.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users