Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Lawyer works as guard for haunted location

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

A corporate lawyer has secured “London’s scariest job” — as night watchman at a reputedly haunted theatre today, Friday the 13th.
Holly Boyd, 32, of Twickenham, beat more than 500 other applicants to the job at the Arts Theatre, where the team behind hit play Ghost Stories have experienced some spooky events. A camera in the auditorium, “the scream-cam”, turned itself on and took photos overnight, and another camera left running in an interview recorded a seat going down of its own accord.

http://www.standard....re-9534169.html

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#2    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,099 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

I'm sure this is not just theatrical promotion designed to fill seats.

#3    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,896 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

A camera in the auditorium, “the scream-cam”, turned itself on and took photos overnight, and another camera left running in an interview recorded a seat going down of its own accord.

So where are the photos it allegedly took of its own accord?

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#4    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

View PostChild of Bast, on 02 July 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

So where are the photos it allegedly took of its own accord?

I did actually see the footage of the seat going down on television,it was a while ago though on breakfast tv if I remember rightly

#5    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,099 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

View Postdr no, on 03 July 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

I did actually see the footage of the seat going down on television,it was a while ago though on breakfast tv if I remember rightly

Were you amazed, entertained, or did you merely pour yourself more orange juice and move on?

#6    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

View Postsinewave, on 03 July 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

Were you amazed, entertained, or did you merely pour yourself more orange juice and move on?

I can't say it was the most stimulating tv I've ever seen,but as theatre seats popping down footage goes,it was up there with the best!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users