Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

$10 million bigfoot bounty - post mortem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

The new Monstertalk podcast is a very interesting interview with Natalia Reagan and Dr. Todd Disotell on their experiences serving as the resident scientists and evidence judges for last summer's $10 Million Bigfoot Bounty reality show.  

It was also interesting to learn how these shows are edited and presented in final form.  Dr. Todd states that the evidence review portion of the show, which usually took up less than 10 minutes in the final product, would sometimes take up to nine hours to shoot.

THE 10 MILLION DOLLAR BIGFOOT BOUNTY television contest is over and we’re going to talk to the science advisers for the show to see how they felt about the outcome. Did science win the day? Did editing take away the good take-aways? Will Justin Smeja be getting in trouble for hunting feral humans? Check it out in this episode of MonsterTalk.  

Podcast available at the link:  http://www.skeptic.c...rtalk/14/07/02/

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#2    goldenjo

goldenjo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:22 PM

View PostRafterman, on 02 July 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

The new Monstertalk podcast is a very interesting interview with Natalia Reagan and Dr. Todd Disotell on their experiences serving as the resident scientists and evidence judges for last summer's $10 Million Bigfoot Bounty reality show.  

It was also interesting to learn how these shows are edited and presented in final form.  Dr. Todd states that the evidence review portion of the show, which usually took up less than 10 minutes in the final product, would sometimes take up to nine hours to shoot.

THE 10 MILLION DOLLAR BIGFOOT BOUNTY television contest is over and we’re going to talk to the science advisers for the show to see how they felt about the outcome. Did science win the day? Did editing take away the good take-aways? Will Justin Smeja be getting in trouble for hunting feral humans? Check it out in this episode of MonsterTalk.  

Podcast available at the link:  http://www.skeptic.c...rtalk/14/07/02/

Never saw that show, what happened with this, did they find anything that could ressemble bigfoot?

Also for your camera filming/time of video.. it's very possible. I was shooting a commercial yesterday, we shot for 13hours and in the end its going to be a 1minute commercial. Damn you film crews.

#3    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:32 PM

View Postgoldenjo, on 02 July 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

Never saw that show, what happened with this, did they find anything that could ressemble bigfoot?

Also for your camera filming/time of video.. it's very possible. I was shooting a commercial yesterday, we shot for 13hours and in the end its going to be a 1minute commercial. Damn you film crews.

Why don't you download the podcast and find out.  It's very entertaining.  I'm sure you will enjoy it.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

#4    DefenceMinisterMishkin

DefenceMinisterMishkin

Megalodon Trapper

• Banned
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:29 PM

I only watched it for Superman.. :lol:

Posted Image

#5    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

The best zing happene in the first episode where that redneck nutter was telling everyone how he had killed one and the DNA came back as "feral human".  Dr. Todd then pointed out that there's not such thing as "feral human", there's only HUMAN.  So bascially, if his tale his true, he murdered someone.

#6    msmike1

msmike1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

View PostRafterman, on 03 July 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

The best zing happene in the first episode where that redneck nutter was telling everyone how he had killed one and the DNA came back as "feral human".  Dr. Todd then pointed out that there's not such thing as "feral human", there's only HUMAN.  So bascially, if his tale his true, he murdered someone.

That was freakin hilarious. The look on that idiots face when Dr. Todd said that was priceless. Feral is a behavior, or an action and could not possibly be found through DNA. Of course I believe he said this right after captain dumbazz told everyone he choked the thing to death. Oh that was a good night.

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users