Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Man allegedly punches girlfriend's pet rabbit

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,806 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

UPI said:

BOYNTON BEACH, Fla., July 2 (UPI) --A Florida man was arrested after allegedly attacking his girlfriend's pet rabbit following an argument about women's rights.

According to a Boyton Beach Police report, James Wertz became enraged when his girlfriend told him that she wanted to end their relationship after he refused to stop arguing and screaming.

The 28-year-old suspect then allegedly began "punching and squeezing" the woman's pet rabbit, according to Boynton Beach Police media representative Stephanie Slater.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/O.../#ixzz36L4WPCPa

Sore looser?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,964 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:57 PM

Man, if someone does that to any of my pets, they'll need a body removal team, not the police.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#3    CuriousRey

CuriousRey

Jedi Master

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

• "Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

Poor little rabbit, sounds like somebody  needs to give that guy a good shakedown.

#4    George Ford

George Ford

Just pretend you didn't see anything

• Banned
  • 3,149 posts

• 'I live in the weak and the wounded... Doc'

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

He looks like a rabbit puncher.

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence” ~ Carl Sagan

#5    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,235 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:28 PM

Rabbit Season
Duck Season
Rabbit Season

BANG.

#6    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• 4,295 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

So his plan to save his relationship was to beat up Bugs and toss Betty across the room?

Sounds flawless.

Her singing always cheered him up. Life seemed so much brighter when she stopped.

T. Pratchett.

#7    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,784 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:53 PM

Way to pick a winner there lady!

On a serious note, can I ask the women of the site a simple question: Is it really that hard to see a guys an *******? Or is this woman an exception? (Personally hoping the latter)

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#8    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 18,034 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:02 PM

View PostDecoNoir, on 02 July 2014 - 09:53 PM, said:

On a serious note, can I ask the women of the site a simple question: Is it really that hard to see a guys an *******? Or is this woman an exception? (Personally hoping the latter)

Not for me, but you see it every day.

#9    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,789 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

I hear they like 'em dangerous and a little rough ;)   sometimes..meh...

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#10    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,036 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:10 PM

that's just wrong

#11    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

i am political correctness gone mad

• 2,578 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:32 AM

don't do the thing where you put responsibility for abuse on the victim. just don't.

#12    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,916 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:43 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 02 July 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

Sore looser?

More like a selfish, cruel, cowardly bully.

#13    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,798 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

I still can't make sense in my head how the transition had gone from being dumped by your girlfriend to punching innocent bunnies. I'd hate to see what would have happened if the guy walked in on his girlfriend with another man in the bedroom. Yikes.

Edited by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:, 03 July 2014 - 03:09 PM.

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#14    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 7,574 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

Just reading the first line of that story, it read like he was arguing with the rabbit about women's rights...  But after reading the entire thing, it became clear that he was stupid
enough to have argued with the rabbit...

#15    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

View Postseaturtlehorsesnake, on 03 July 2014 - 02:32 AM, said:

don't do the thing where you put responsibility for abuse on the victim. just don't.

There was never a hint that the rabbit was at fault. Don't you do that thing where any woman in a story is automatically the victim - just don't.

The question that made you feministize was whether it is really that difficult for a woman to tell that a man is an a-hole well before he in the position to assault her pets during a breakup argument. This is a question most males I know have asked (well, maybe not the exact question, but a close relative).

Occasionally, a male will see a woman and think, "Yeah, I get that vibe that says she'll be setting all the clothes in my closet on fire, but look at that butt!! I'm willing to risk it." - in other words, I've never known a man who dated a woman who turned out to be psycho to moan that he never had a hint what was coming.

We just wonder whether women who end up choosing to date men who punch rabbits see them across the bar and think, "Well, his come hither look seems to be identical to his "you wanna fight?" look", but look at those beady eyes. I'm willing to risk it."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users