Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Sleep Paralysis - Ghost Captured On Video

ghost video sleep paralysis

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#46    Scandal

Scandal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:03 AM

lol i taught something was going to jump out. :ph34r:

#47    6.6.6

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:18 AM

Its quite obviously not a real video,  
Sleep paralysis, night terrors or waking hallucinations are nothing more than hiccup's between the conscious and the unconscious during different depths of sleep or during the waking moments, its been suggested that parts of the brain that control sight like the visual cortex and optic lobes come out of their sleep state so we are visually awake but the parts of brain that contol our thoughts and dreams and ability to control our muscles are still in sleep mode,
So we think we are awake due to being able to see but we are paralysed due to technically still being asleep! So naturally panic sets in and because we are spoon fed stories of alien abduction and demonic possession we automatically assume we are in the presence of evil! And the nightmarish thoughts become part of what we see through our eyes!

Its not all evil and scary during sleep paralysis either though!  Ive read stories of people seeing passed love ones or even stranger things like seeing there car in the room or grass growing out the walls! But we only seem to pay attention to the stories of black figures or demons!  
But what ever the hallucination or experience its all down to our brains not quite operating as they should!

Ive experienced similar things while on strong painkillers, and even when I stopped smoking the nicotine patches gave me horrific nightmares and waking visions!  But its all natural and easily explained by chemicals in our bodies!
And I also believe that night terrors, waking hallucinations and chemical induced visions are behind 99% of all paranormal experiences!  

The human brain is the only real mystery!

#48    Beacon_Field

Beacon_Field

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:54 PM

Why is every single photo or video immediately classed as a fake? If it's too clear, it's a fake, if it's too grainy, it's a fake. If it clearly shows a UFO, it's a fake, if it shows a ghost, it's a fake. Why are you people even on this site if you dismiss everything out of hand? Ticks me off.

#49    6.6.6

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

View PostBeacon_Field, on 07 July 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

Why is every single photo or video immediately classed as a fake? If it's too clear, it's a fake, if it's too grainy, it's a fake. If it clearly shows a UFO, it's a fake, if it shows a ghost, it's a fake. Why are you people even on this site if you dismiss everything out of hand? Ticks me off.

Come on!
There is a logical explanation to almost everthing paranormal that is presented on this site!
Whether it be hoaxed or misinterpreted or unusual experiences!  They all have an explanation that is natural!

So would you agree that the best advice to give the OP would be to burn sage and say prayers, or would you think it would be better to give more realistic suggestions? ?

#50    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,036 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

well you best get used to it or maybe you need to find a different site that doesn't tick you off so much. the internet is for fun dude

#51    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

Because sleep paralysis is a very real and understood phenomenon.  It's simply how our brain works.  There's nothing paranormal about it.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#52    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

View PostRafterman, on 07 July 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

Because sleep paralysis is a very real and understood phenomenon.  It's simply how our brain works.  There's nothing paranormal about it.

Also whenever someone attempts to document nocturnal paranormal experiences with a video camera, they always stop being paranormal.

There are some great videos of people in sleep studies. My all-time favorite is a teenage girl who stood up in bed with her eyes wide open, paused for a second, then let out a horrifying scream. Then laid back down like nothing had happened. The EEG showed that she had been asleep the entire time.

It looked spooky until the program showed her laughing while watching the video of herself. She couldn't remember doing it.

#53    CH32

CH32

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

• My cyber stalker is reading this !

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

That's NOT a ghost......whilst asleep the guy has just done an epic fart !

#54    TheMustardLady

TheMustardLady

♫♪♀♀♀♫♪

• 6,127 posts

• The temp poster of Stubbly_Dooright who wants to solve everything with mustard! :D

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

What ever the video is, in which I do see it, I do hear a sound at the same time.

I think I have had sleep paralysis. It's probably rare for me. I remember in the process of waking up from an intense dream years ago and seeing my younger brother sitting in a chair at the foot of my bed. It was still dark and when I felt I was fully awake, I thought I could still see him so I remember fumbling around to turn on my light and when I succeeded, of course nothing was there. It was interesting, because it was of somebody still alive today. I'm told my father had one too, and it was of my uncle, still alive right now.

Anything else that could be making that shadow shape and noise, that is in the video? Be it anything, including natural. Also, I'm also interested in the kenetic video of the shadow man.

Posted Image  Greetings and Salutations!!!
Don't walk in front of me; I was not born to follow. Don't walk behind me; We were all born to lead. Don't walk without me; I might need you tomorrow. Walk right beside me, Be the real friend I need.  (Celtic Woman)

#55    MisterSuperGod

MisterSuperGod

[]\[] [] []/[]

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

i agree with 6.6.6 on this one.
Next we'll see videos of a haggard old lady sitting on a dude's chest whilst he sleeps. (Old hag syndrome)

So before you get the bright idea to try and pull that one off, just remember, i called bs on it before you even conceived the thought!
Consider it a preemptive "i told ya' so!"

:P

MisterSuperGod is still Misanthropic

#56    Silent Trinity

Silent Trinity

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

• Conspiracy Theorist: Nothing more than a derogatory title used to dismiss a critical thinker

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:25 AM

I find it amazing how one word can change the whole meaning of a situtation "Shadow Entity"....Simply take off the "entity" and that is what you have...a "Shadow"....sorry but this is a shadow of something solid on the wall, not as accounts of this nature have previously suggested which is that of an ethereal mass or figure on three dimensional space above them. Of course I am only an observer but I call hoax on that one, sorry lol :td:

Posted Image

"That is the essence of science: ask an impertinent question and you are on the way to a pertinent answer..."

- Jacob Bronowski

#57    Perceptivum

Perceptivum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 301 posts

• Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:48 PM

I MUST be blind, and stupid.  I watched this video many times over but cannot see anything.  Can someone please point out to me what the hell I am suppose to be seeing here?!!??!?!

#58    GlennThe14TH

GlennThe14TH

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

• "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."--Albert Einstein

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:06 AM

Meh. I don't see shazbat.

#59    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,098 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:24 AM

You need to Check your brightness and contrasts if you can't see it

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route to find out what really happened.

#60    GlennThe14TH

GlennThe14TH

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

• "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."--Albert Einstein

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:56 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 10 July 2014 - 02:24 AM, said:

You need to Check your brightness and contrasts if you can't see it

Check.  I played it fullscreen and saw a shadow-type thing on the wall above the head/foot of the bed.

Also tagged with ghost, video, sleep paralysis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users