Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Will Jesus Sentence Me to Hell?

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#1    Duelix

Duelix

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:16 AM

I am an atheist, I support Gay rights, drink, vote liberal, listen to alternative music and have not been baptized. I have done some good and I am overall a decent person, in light of these facts will I be thrown into the lake of or granted mercy?

#2    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,900 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:17 AM

I don't know, I'm an agnostic.

#3    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:31 AM

View PostDuelix, on 06 July 2014 - 01:16 AM, said:

I am an atheist, I support Gay rights, drink, vote liberal, listen to alternative music and have not been baptized. I have done some good and I am overall a decent person, in light of these facts will I be thrown into the lake of or granted mercy?

If you are an atheist I don't think you would care until such time as the Heavy Judger of Men castes his perfect Judgement upon you. And even then I am inclined to believe that you will still disbelieve what is happening is in fact happening to you.

Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use.
Mark Twain

#4    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:41 AM

Why would you care what Jesus will or will not do?

#5    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,599 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:47 AM

He'd be a pretty busy guy if he judged every single person who died, the real question is, would he have the time to complete such tasks if time does not really pass in heaven?

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#6    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 1,993 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:04 AM

I thought we were already in hell. Or at least it feels like that sometimes.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#7    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,405 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:05 AM

Can you find the part in the bible where Jesus says that?  Do you really even care?  Are you just asking that question to torment Christians?   Can you tell I spend a lot of time on the answer a question with a question thread?

#8    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,640 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:06 AM

The theological answer is that god will judge you as an individual, measuring your heart and soul. If you are safe to be admitted "into heaven" you will be. Biblically you would be placed not in heaven but on the new earth with all the 'saved' resurrected humans. Only you , (and possibly god) know in your heart and mind, if you are really a good person or not .

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#9    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,405 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:06 AM

View PostPurifier, on 06 July 2014 - 02:04 AM, said:

I thought we were already in hell. Or at least it feels like that sometimes.
Only to people who don't blame their own actions for their own unhappiness.

#10    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,326 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:18 AM

We don't whether Jesus would judge you, but certainly know that some of our brethren would send you to hell if they were able. I'd say it's not Jesus we should be worrying about.

#11    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,355 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:34 AM

View PostDancingCorpse, on 06 July 2014 - 01:47 AM, said:

He'd be a pretty busy guy if he judged every single person who died, the real question is, would he have the time to complete such tasks if time does not really pass in heaven?

How about every single sentient lifeform in the universe? In that case, Judgment Day won't come anytime soon because Jesus would be busy preaching to denizens in Magellan Cluster by now. :D

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#12    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• 1,261 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:40 AM

I know who will judge you Sharon at Cinnabun.

Her condescending eyes burning holes right through you as you order a half dozen high calorie, sugary-laced diabetes bombs.

I just want to ride my shame train to deliciousness without her cruel unceasing gaze of endless hatred as she sits behind her cash register armor pouring liquid loathing throughout my every scrumptious, mouthwatering bite of heavenly Cinnabun goodness.

Edited by bubblykiss, 06 July 2014 - 02:41 AM.

Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use.
Mark Twain

#13    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,405 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:03 AM

View Postbubblykiss, on 06 July 2014 - 02:40 AM, said:

I know who will judge you Sharon at Cinnabun.

Her condescending eyes burning holes right through you as you order a half dozen high calorie, sugary-laced diabetes bombs.

I just want to ride my shame train to deliciousness without her cruel unceasing gaze of endless hatred as she sits behind her cash register armor pouring liquid loathing throughout my every scrumptious, mouthwatering bite of heavenly Cinnabun goodness.

Does she know if you don't eat her bus she doesn't get paid?  Whoa that sounds perverted.

#14    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,826 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:13 AM

in light of these facts will I be thrown into the lake of or granted mercy?

Don know, don't care.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#15    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

Government Agent

• 3,428 posts

• ", because in most cases men willingly believe what they wish."-Julius Caesar 'De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18'

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:24 AM

Just read a "Chick tract".

Posted Image
Three lectures...View and share.
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MzrIHdN9O7M <-- "Ten Lies About Jesus"
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MclBbZUFSag <-- "Gospels=Myth Making"
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "The Mythical Jesus"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users