Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Are there Aliens-or not?

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#1    toyomotor

toyomotor

Grumpy Old Coot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

• The careful application of terror is also a form of communication.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:05 AM

I've read recent articles by knowledgeable people who claim that some very early paintings by Leonardo DaVinci contain unexplained shapes that appear to be similar to the popular description of flying saucers.

Over many years, there have been unexplained sightings by rational and sane people of lights in the sky, flying saucer shapes and disturbance to electrical supply and/or communications.

The sightings etc. I refer to are the ones which have not been explained away.

Along with hundreds of other people, many years ago I saw a light in the sky which followed the terrain at an even distance, and then simply disappeared. Never explained.

In my view, it would take a very brave person to say, categorically, that there are no aliens or alien visits to earths atmosphere.

But, in scientific terms, it must be admitted that there is no proof, for or against.

I suppose we must continue wondering.

All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand.

#2    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• 1,193 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:36 AM

If the aliens have all of the proper visas, work permits and legal paper work along with a clean criminal record....wait humanity as aliens....well, as a species we have far from a clean legal record.

Can we be deported off of this planet?

After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military.

William S. Burroughs

#3    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,569 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:37 AM

By our estimates the universe is pretty darn colossal though. What freaks me out is how a random, everyday alien could've been sitting on the public transport rocket ship to Mxysiwjdkd29292-III, just planet hopping over the colony territory to get to work when some caveman was hammering away at a rock back in Earth's stone age and now that alien is deceased and their planets are bare and desolate, blasted from some atmospheric tragedy lol.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#4    IBelieveWhatIWant

IBelieveWhatIWant

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:58 AM

Are there aliens? Yes, 100%. Have they visited Earth before? Mixed opinions on the subject.

There is the idea that humans are the result of aliens messing with chimp dna and that is why we haven't found the missing link because there is no evolutionary link between humans and chimps.

Which imho isn't a bad idea by any means it's just unfortunate that Scientology picked that idea and became a crazy cult.

#5    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,677 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:14 AM

View Posttoyomotor, on 06 July 2014 - 02:05 AM, said:

In my view, it would take a very brave person to say, categorically, that there are no aliens or alien visits to earths atmosphere.

I guess I'm very brave because I am saying that no aliens have visited our planet.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#6    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,677 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:19 AM

View PostIBelieveWhatIWant, on 06 July 2014 - 02:58 AM, said:

why we haven't found the missing link because there is no evolutionary link between humans and chimps.

That's probably because we didn't evolve from Pan troglodytes, we just share a common ancestor with them about 7 or 8 million years ago. In fact, Ardipithicus kaddaba and Sahelanthropus tchadensis are good candidates for a last common ancestor.

There is no such thing as a "missing link".

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#7    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,553 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:14 AM

In the wide infinity of the cosmos? It's almost certain that there is so "almost certain" I'm more then happy to say "yes there is".
Visiting us on this blue and green and yellow rock of ours? Unless they've found a way to invalidate what we currently consider is an inviolable constant of physics then "no".

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats, 06 July 2014 - 04:14 AM.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#8    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,948 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:36 AM

Yes there are aliens,and yes they are as real as all us here

#9    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,309 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:53 AM

View Postcoolguy, on 06 July 2014 - 04:36 AM, said:

Yes there are aliens,and yes they are as real as all us here

And you know this how exactly?

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#10    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,290 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:54 AM

The title of your posts asks if there are aliens, then your post seems like what you're really asking is if some of the UFO's are of alien origin.  

Yes I would say it very likely aliens exist and no to them visiting us.  You don't have to be brave to make either of those statements.

#11    GlennThe14TH

GlennThe14TH

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

• "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."--Albert Einstein

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:14 AM

I think it's a big leap to jump from unexplained lights or objects in the sky to extraterrestrials.  Once the mundane is eliminated, I think the only proper answer to. "What else could it be?" is"We just don't know."

#12    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,322 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

Somewhere out in the vastness of the universe aliens most likely exist.

As to the question of have aliens ever visited us, there's no definitive evidence (so far). It's certainly not an impossible scenario...but it's not a 'done deal' like you see on some TV shows (*cough* Ancient Aliens* cough*).

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#13    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,277 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

View PostGlennThe14TH, on 06 July 2014 - 05:14 AM, said:

I think it's a big leap to jump from unexplained lights or objects in the sky to extraterrestrials.  Once the mundane is eliminated, I think the only proper answer to. "What else could it be?" is"We just don't know."
Thing is one can never completely eliminate the mundane.  There are always unknown third options. To be convincingly extraordinary is not achieved by eliminating all other options.  Holmes had that wrong.  The extraordinary requires its own evidence, and the more extraordinary it is the more evidence is needed.

#14    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

Are there aliens? Somewhere in the vastness of space there could be.

Have they developed to the point where they have mastered intergalactic journeys? Potentially some might.

So if  there are aliens that have mastered traversing the universe,out of all the millions of planets, have they visited earth?  I think there is no evidence to suggest they have.

#15    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:32 AM

View PostLilly, on 06 July 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

Somewhere out in the vastness of the universe aliens most likely exist.

We have no information so we can't say either way.

Two things I do know. A lot of people really want there to be other life in the universe, and it's very unpopular to say that you don't have enough information to declare whether it exists or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users