Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

By 2045 Top Species Will No Longer Be Humans

louis del monte top species machines artificial intelligence singularity

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 40,447 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:59 PM

"Today there's no legislation regarding how much intelligence a machine can have, how interconnected it can be. If that continues, look at the exponential trend. We will reach the singularity in the timeframe most experts predict. From that point on you're going to see that the top species will no longer be humans, but machines."

http://www.businessi...gularity-2014-7

Posted Image

#2    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,901 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:07 PM

Maybe that is how it will turn out.  So far no machine has imagined itself self-willed or been aware of sentience or qualia or even fussed any when someone rebooted it.

My view is that we will evolve into part machine as we more and more use computing power to supplement our own abilities.  I wouldn't mind having a little box somewhere inside me that tells me the precise time, my exact location, the news and all that stuff and lets me have a quiet chat with my grand-daughter that no one else can hear.

#3    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

I agree, technology is going to help us "Evolve" past our current limitations or give us "Children" that replaces homo sapiens in the not so distant future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users