Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Peacocks trash woman's kitchen

peacocks jenny gibson

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,390 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:48 PM

Escaped peacocks have taken over a suburban street, with five of the birds invading a grandmother's home and trashing her kitchen.

Jenny Gibson popped to her neighbour's briefly and left her front door ajar, only to find five of the birds in her home upon her return.

http://www.telegraph...ns-kitchen.html

Posted Image

#2    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,912 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

Poor Jenny.  :(  lol

*adds 'marauding peacocks' to list of excuses for having a messy kitchen.. and garden... and for not shaving*

#3    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,356 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

Peacocks are really good eating.  They come into my kitchen they might end up in the oven.  It isn't a good idea to leave your door open when you go to the neighbors you might find a robber instead of a peacock when you get home.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#4    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,798 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

View PostGreenmansGod, on 06 July 2014 - 02:12 PM, said:

Peacocks are really good eating. They come into my kitchen they might end up in the oven.

Thanksgiving main course acquired.

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#5    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,520 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:54 PM

My grandparents had 3 peacocks on their ranch... Like swans, they're meaner than hell! Hahaha

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#6    Bloodflower

Bloodflower

Poltergeist

• 2,476 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

I love the sound of peacocks. Someone in the neighbourhood has got a peacock and it makes a loud calling noise every morning. It's lovely.

"When a wolf doesn't want to do something, they look really cute!"
Michelle Paver

#7    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,520 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:00 AM

when my grandparents peacocks were still very young, they'd flutter up to the roof of their log cabin, then launch themselves off the roof... screaming, and flapping, they sounded like freight trains. They drove my grandmother so insane I really feared she'd pull out the shotgun and fill 'em full of lead. LOL. They're pretty, but they're mean. LOL.

In fact, there's one image that's permanently burned into my brain... a 4th of July back around 1978, I was maybe 11yo... we were lighting fireworks in my grandparents front yard (they had a GIANT very rural ranch) and one of the fireworks went rogue, and was chasing my father across the yard, which scared the peacocks who also started in on the chase, then followed by a very terrified (or annoyed) billy goat... FUNNIEST IMAGE EVER. Dad > Fireworks > Peacocks > Angry Billy Goat ... let's just say that at the end of the chase, dad lost, and the goat won. LOL.

Edited by MissMelsWell, 10 July 2014 - 04:07 AM.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users