Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

U.S 'Identifies' Terror Tape Man

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 10 November 2004 - 09:07 PM

US officials say they are confident, but not certain, missing Californian Adam Gadahn is the man who threatened al-Qaeda attacks in a recent video.  

The man appeared with his face covered in a tape shown by ABC News last month, calling himself Azzam the American and claiming to belong to al-Qaeda.  

Adam Gadahn has not been linked to any specific terror activities, but the FBI says it wants to question him.  

In May, he was put on an FBI list of wanted suspects.

Officials concluded after technical analysis of the tape that the speaker was Mr Gadahn, who left California for Pakistan six years ago, US networks reported.

Among other steps, intelligence officials compared the voice of Azzam to footage of a teenage Gadahn discussing environmental projects nearly 10 years ago on cable television in California, ABC says.  

They also spoke to his family and showed the tape to captured al-Qaeda operatives.

However, officials say they cannot be absolutely certain of the speaker's identity.

The man on the tape threatened new attacks on the US.

"After decades of American tyranny and oppression, now it's your turn to die.  

"Allah willing, the streets of America will run red with blood matching drop for drop the blood of America's victims."  

'Translator'

FBI Director Robert Mueller said Adam Gadahn was known to have performed translations for al-Qaeda and was associated with al-Qaeda leader Abu Zubaydah in Pakistan.

He is also thought to have later trained at an Islamic militant camp in Afghanistan.

Adam Gadahn was born Adam Pearlman in 1978, the son of a 1960s psychedelic musician.

He was raised in Orange County on a goat farm, ABC says.                          

Source

#2    Novo

Novo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

• Illicit Citizen Of Utopia

Posted 10 November 2004 - 10:02 PM

See these morons, Dont understand-The us Gov't and its citizens are seperate entitys. Over half the country voted against GWB. And I dont want excuses from islamist extremists anyways-Religion, is no excuse for attacking MY country buddy. I dont care what you believe, so long as It does not infringe on the rights of others.

The stupider people think you are, the more suprised they are when you kill them.
- Unknown

History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
-Martin Luthur king Jr, activist

Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
- Martin luthur King Jr., activist

#3    twpdyp

twpdyp

GOP for Life

• 2,448 posts

• The first step in any self improvement program is to admit there is room for improvement.

Posted 10 November 2004 - 10:23 PM

Over half the country voted against GWB.

Novo
   I agree with most of your post except for the part about the majority of the country voted against President Bush. Not only is it wrong but it is off topic as well.

As we go through this life reaching, striving, and straining for life's brass ring, has any of us ever stopped to wonder just who is running the Merry-Go-Round?
You must play the hand that life deals you, if you dealt the hand to yourself you must play that hand silently .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users