Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Neocons Getting Ready to Ally With Clinton ?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,264 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:43 PM

NY Times said:

WASHINGTON — AFTER nearly a decade in the political wilderness, the neoconservative movement is back, using the turmoil in Iraq and Ukraine to claim that it is President Obama, not the movement’s interventionist foreign policy that dominated early George W. Bush-era Washington, that bears responsibility for the current round of global crises.

Even as they castigate Mr. Obama, the neocons may be preparing a more brazen feat: aligning themselves with Hillary Rodham Clinton and her nascent presidential campaign, in a bid to return to the driver’s seat of American foreign policy.

To be sure, the careers and reputations of the older generation of neocons — Paul D. Wolfowitz, L. Paul Bremer III, Douglas J. Feith, Richard N. Perle — are permanently buried in the sands of Iraq. And not all of them are eager to switch parties: In April, William Kristol, the editor of The Weekly Standard, said that as president Mrs. Clinton would “be a dutiful chaperone of further American decline.”

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 11,635 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

This is hardly surprising given her aggressive foreign policy stance in general. Still if she does hook up with them its likely to ruin her nomination chances.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#3    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,167 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:09 PM

Bill Clinton bombed Iraq for eight years before he illegally bombed an aspirin factory in Africa.  Hillary joyously joined Obama in bombing Qaddafi for Al Qaeda and armed Al Qaeda sympathizers in Syria.    It's the same counterproductive contradictory nonsense the neocons love.   Neocons love Clintons.  They talk about Clintons every day on MSM TV because they love them.  It's a box full of love wrapped with criticism paper.   A box full of doublespeak wrapped in bipartisan hypocrisy.

Posted Image

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#4    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,556 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:35 PM

She allies herself with the neocons she's lost my vote.

#5    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 5,869 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:54 PM

View PostYamato, on 06 July 2014 - 10:09 PM, said:

A box full of doublespeak wrapped in bipartisan hypocrisy.

Sooo.... politics as always, huh?

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#6    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,297 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:36 AM

View PostBeany, on 06 July 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

Why?  Don't you want the house and the senate to work together with the president?  Liberals may finally get what they want and complain.  Typical.  (JK Beany, just being a smart ass)

#7    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,167 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:21 AM

View PostBeany, on 06 July 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

Stop making me love you.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#8    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,167 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:23 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 06 July 2014 - 10:54 PM, said:

Sooo.... politics as always, huh?
Which politics is that?

#9    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,167 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:32 AM

View PostOverSword, on 07 July 2014 - 04:36 AM, said:

Why?  Don't you want the house and the senate to work together with the president?  Liberals may finally get what they want and complain.  Typical.  (JK Beany, just being a smart ass)
So you're basically asking her, "how Democrat are you?"

Basically you're asking her if she'll take some Neocon spice sprinkled on her dinner to get greater Democratic party victories.  It's a good question.  And it's politics too, so?

#10    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 5,869 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:51 AM

View PostYamato, on 07 July 2014 - 06:23 AM, said:

Which politics is that?

Drop the "holier than thou" shtick, it works better for you that way.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#11    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,167 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 07 July 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

Drop the "holier than thou" shtick, it works better for you that way.
I have no idea what you're talking about, sorry.   What I have to say never matters where politics is concerned because I don't see politics as a valid source from which to make decisions from.   So seriously, which politics?  

Holier than thou isn't politics, but where'd that come from?   I'm not wearing whiteys here compared to anyone else.   My clothes are soiled.  I might be the devil himself and I think you got the wrong idea about me buddy.

#12    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:36 PM

The fleecing of the sheep continues...they are just being open and blatant about it now.

I do not care for many (most) of Mrs Clinton's positions...but I am not a warmonger either so the neocons can jump off a cliff and carry her with them.

This thing with ISIS/ISIL is concerning to me.  IF they succeed in making a new Islamic nation and start absorbing regions...nothing good can come from it.  A part of me wants to believe they will be happy in their little "kingdom" and leave the rest of us alone...but I doubt that will happen...that is just not how religion works.

Anyway...I don't think Hillary is going to do anyone any good.  The neocons are looking to "play" the system...which I find highly annoying...

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#13    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 6,810 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 06 July 2014 - 09:28 PM, said:

This is hardly surprising given her aggressive foreign policy stance in general. Still if she does hook up with them its likely to ruin her nomination chances.

Br Cornelius

may be that is the idea :whistle:

RESIDENT TROLL.

#14    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,556 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

Neocons, aargh! Although I gotta admit I still find amusing the notion of secret service men hitting the ground when a drunken Cheney fired off some rounds. Now that's a video I'd like to see. And a good argument for gun control. How do you stop an armed, drunk VP? I guess you don't. And really, how seriously can you take a guy named Scooter?

Edited by Beany, 07 July 2014 - 02:00 PM.

#15    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,167 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:51 AM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users