Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dinosaur DNA could help to cure diseases

UM-Bot

Scientists have found evidence that dinosaurs were able to recover from serious injuries and illnesses.

Dinosaurs could be the key to treating many modern day ailments in humans according to a new study at Manchester University.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/268886/dinosaur-dna-could-help-to-cure-diseases

• Like 1

and where would they be getting this dinosaur DNA from?

jurassic park was a movie, not a documentary.....

Is someone a bit short on funding? how the heck could they know this:

Despite the severity of its wounds however the dinosaur seemed to have survived for several months and each of the breaks showed clear signs of healing.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/268886/dinosaur-dna-could-help-to-cure-diseases

Surviving several months for a beast that size, maybe it could of had another several years if it had not been injured. I think there is an awful lot of speculation here.

As for a cure for cancer, what has dinosaur DNA got to do with the toxins humans have been pumped with over the years?

Maybe the dinosaur DNA will be able to clear the oceans of the radiation and oils and other toxins the humans have "accidentally" spilt it in!

Maybe the dinosaur DNA will clear the air of pollutants the humans have created?

• Like 2

So much speculation it was hard to even read.

Side note; Jurassic World should be an entertaining movie.

• Like 1

Maybe the dinosaur DNA will be able to clear the oceans of the radiation and oils and other toxins the humans have "accidentally" spilt it in!

Maybe the dinosaur DNA will clear the air of pollutants the humans have created?

that makes about as much sense as their DNA being an universal panacea Freet....

• Like 2

So much speculation it was hard to even read.

true Rey.

i lost count of the possibly's, the maybe's, the appears to have's, and the many other indefinites....

1st cynical response, oh goody something that will help more humans live longer lives diminishing resources further among us, all of us, all several billion of us......

But realistically it would be nice to diminish the suffering that cancer and other hellish diseases cause.

I am skeptical that everything is seen as a miracle source of possible new cures.....hippopotamus, alligator, horseshoe crab blood have all been hailed as possible saviors due to the fact that said blood seems very helpful in keeping its respective owners alive in spite of horrible injuries or flaming infections.

This is just a wait and see theory I suppose.

that makes about as much sense as their DNA being an universal panacea Freet....

Thankyou, maybe you can give me a reference when I apply to work at Manchester University as a researcher, i think a found a dinosaur poo and believe it holds the secret to immortality.

• Like 1

i think a found a dinosaur poo and believe it holds the secret to immortality.

but does it contain DNA?

(or sweetcorn?)

• Like 1

Oh, yeah. This Dinosaur DNA can help us cure faster, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming.

• Like 4

Despite the severity of its wounds however the dinosaur seemed to have survived for several months and each of the breaks showed clear signs of healing.

C'mon guys! Where's your imagination? It was aliens who helped the creatures. Wonders what a cast can do for a broken leg!

:alien:

• Like 1

But will that turn us into dinosaurs? :tu:

and where would they be getting this dinosaur DNA from?

jurassic park was a movie, not a documentary.....

Technically they have found Rex DNA inside a leg bone. It was not fossilized all the way through.

Technically they have found Rex DNA inside a leg bone. It was not fossilized all the way through.

and this would be usable would it...?

• Like 1

Im I not correct in saying to oldest uncorrupted DNA was a little over 800,000 years old?

And im pretty sure they were taken from ice cores, which would aid the longevity considerably! A far cry from 65million years plus!!!

• Like 1

Im I not correct in saying to oldest uncorrupted DNA was a little over 800,000 years old?

And im pretty sure they were taken from ice cores, which would aid the longevity considerably! A far cry from 65million years plus!!!

Jeeeze, not sure if I would want to live for 800,000 years. My DNA has a sell by date at around 92 years, give or take a decade either way, and thats well enough longivity for me.

• Like 2

Jeeeze, not sure if I would want to live for 800,000 years. My DNA has a sell by date at around 92 years, give or take a decade either way, and thats well enough longivity for me.

You never know!

The secret of infinite misery may be found before your DNA has a chance to ht its expiry date!

• Like 1

I wonder if there is anyway possible they could find good enough DNA to clone a dinosaur? I gotta admit I don't know much about that type of thing.

I wonder if there is anyway possible they could find good enough DNA to clone a dinosaur? I gotta admit I don't know much about that type of thing.

Its highly doubtful mr ET,

DNA has a fairly limited life expectancy, its not known to survive the fossilation process, im led to believe there was a fossilised bone found from a possible Tyrannosaur with slightly less fossilised soft tissue inside, but it was still far to decade too be of any significant use! its abit like taking a bucket of sand, melting it into glass and then asking somebody to try and count the grains!

But who knows what lies under the polar ice caps! Anything in frozen ground may well be better preserved!

Edited by 6.6.6
  • Like 1

If the Amazing Spiderman is anything to go by, this could go horribly wrong

• 3 weeks later...